First install for my new 8330. . but getting this error when I try to sync. {Pocketmac Error:Unable to connect to blackberry (error 1) skipping}. Anyone every had this or have a clue on a resolution
    06-18-08 03:29 AM
    I am getting the same error and have installed and reinstalled pocketmac several times. Could somebody please help us with this?
    06-18-08 12:49 PM
    I get that on odd days. Make sure you disable a password on your BB, and close pocketmac. Then make sure you have the right drive enabled(Connection>USB).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 12:55 PM
    There is a solution for this problem. You must install Pocketmac, but before restarting you also must update the driver for the program. In my case after doing this I had to delete two specific files and restart again. I'm browsing from my BB so I can't tell you what files they are, but if you look through my posts the earlier ones I have the two file names that need delelting. Also I'd do a battery pull on the BB just to start fresh. Make sure you BB is not connected while you are installing.

06-18-08 02:16 PM
    I've had this happen 2 or 3 times; after restarting my computer everything worked fine
    06-18-08 04:54 PM
    I also had this problem, reinstalled pocketmac, restarted mac, tried all combinations of plugging in and turning on... i will definitely try Calderon's idea when I get home.
    06-25-08 10:11 AM
    Here's a post with your solution. The search button is your friend, its located at the top of the forums, type in your question receive an answer.
    06-25-08 12:28 PM
    It was the password! Thanks for the great tip.
    11-07-08 09:34 AM
    I cannot find this "driver update dmg" this thing is crazy pissing me off
    11-12-08 11:59 PM
    I cannot find this "driver update dmg" this thing is crazy pissing me off
    To echo the post before yours, have you told Pocketmac what your password is? This solved my problems.
    11-16-08 03:45 PM
    I have tried all these suggestions and I still cannot connect. via pocketmac. My two bb harddrives appear...
    Anymore suggestions??????? should i submit for a replacement phone or switch to iphone??

HELP!!!!!!!
    05-07-09 08:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem. My stuff: BB OS 4.7.0.75; Mac OS 10.5.6

I've installed, and uninstalled both the app and the update, a few times.

Most recently, I installed the app to Mac HD (again), installed the updater to Mac HD (again), deleted the two files in the extension folder, emptied the trash, restarted my mac, reset my BB, made sure my bb password was disabled, made sure I was connected thru USB, and still no sale. I then tried another restart. No sale. I've tried various combinations of launching the app with and without the bb connected. And... well, you get the picture. I'm thoroughly frustrated.

Can anybody help? Am I doomed to switching phones, and/or using a vista pc? Either would be a fate worse than death.
    05-13-09 01:14 PM
    Hey, I was just having the same issue regarding skipping after updating the pocketmac software. I solved this by typing in my password in the "Connections" tab, pressing enter, and not restarting pocketmac like it says you're supposed to.
    05-26-09 07:36 PM
    I get that on odd days. Make sure you disable a password on your BB, and close pocketmac. Then make sure you have the right drive enabled(Connection>USB).

Thank goodness these older posts dont just dissapear right away. I did the same thing. Had the same error message, and all i did was disable my password, any my BB Synced up w/ Pocket MAC. Didnt reboot my computer or do anything else.
    09-01-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD