do telus users also get the screen replacement 9550's like verizon users do?

dennis
    03-22-10 07:18 PM
    If it is manufactures defect sure. But if you just pried it off with an axe then I doubt it.
    03-22-10 08:08 PM
    I would like to find this out also.
    03-22-10 08:26 PM
    just replaced mine on friday and the refurbished 9550 i got is a way better, the screen is better all round . I am also running os 5.0.0.517 and this os is the most stable one i have ever had my phone runs perfectly without any problems.
    03-22-10 08:30 PM
    I went in the other day to get mine replaced at my Telus store and they had never heard of the issue and after searching through about 10phones in different boxes I gave up on looking for the elusive new date code.... The new one is betterish than my old one but still has some issues with the bottom buttons sometimes. Also I am running lyricidals 517 I think.

I think I'm gonna give it one more go tomorow since my 30 days is up tomorow and any future issues will have to be sent back to rim to get fixed and then I enter the refurb pool.... Yay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 08:56 PM
    what is this new date code i need to look for? and also, does anyone know if we get the new screen phone?
    03-22-10 10:03 PM
    what is this version or code??and c5.0.0.517an I simply upload through my desktop for regular bb storm updates
    03-23-10 05:45 PM
    what is this new date code i need to look for? and also, does anyone know if we get the new screen phone?
    RIM has added silicone actuators to the touchpad to improve touchpad performance and tactile response. All New and Certified Like-New Replacement devices produced by RIM starting on February 10, 2010 contain the new hardware enhancement. Devices can be identified by the Green dot on the master carton and/or date code on the back of the device. (See below for details)

Identifying Devices by Date Code
    The date code is located on the label in the battery cavity of the device as shown in the red circle below for either 3 or 6 digit date codes.
    The following 3 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes:
    C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L2A, M2A and N2A.
    Starting on February 22, 2010 or later the date code is displayed on the device label in DDMMYY format (220210).
    All devices with the above 3 digit date codes or 6 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes.
    Location of Date Code on Label in Battery Cavity in Red Circle

copied from another thread but info is all their
    03-23-10 08:29 PM
    I went in the other day to get mine replaced at my Telus store and they had never heard of the issue and after searching through about 10phones in different boxes I gave up on looking for the elusive new date code.... The new one is betterish than my old one but still has some issues with the bottom buttons sometimes. Also I am running lyricidals 517 I think.

I think I'm gonna give it one more go tomorow since my 30 days is up tomorow and any future issues will have to be sent back to rim to get fixed and then I enter the refurb pool.... Yay.

Also i am goin to purchase my storm2 from telus should i ask for a referb one?
    03-23-10 08:31 PM
    ^^^ You most certainly not. They should give you a brand new one with the hardware modifications.

03-23-10 08:42 PM
    Location of Date Code on Label in Battery Cavity in Red Circle
    FYI: there is no red circle. It was manually added to a photo to point out where to look...

03-23-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD