Who out there is still rocking the Pearl Flip as their daily driver??
    03-22-10 05:57 PM
    I have one in my junk drawer.
    03-22-10 06:21 PM
    I am & will be continuing to rock the Pearl Flip until the 9100 comes out.
    03-22-10 06:26 PM
    I am & will be continuing to rock the Pearl Flip until the 9100 comes out.
    Im getting one tomorrow. What do you think the benefits of it over "more advanced" blackberries?
    03-22-10 06:50 PM
    It is my first and only Blackberry and I will love it to death (or until RIM comes up with something that runs OS 5 and is as small).
    03-23-10 11:24 AM
    Use it every day all day! Just noticed tmo no longer has the flip on their web site!
    03-23-10 12:27 PM
    Im getting one tomorrow. What do you think the benefits of it over "more advanced" blackberries?
    The flip is a all around great device with ony a few exceptions! Its great in the construction field easy to carry around and the suretype is so fast and easy to use. After trying a android device and some more advanced Blackberry's the flip suits me just fine just hope rim comes out with a new one!
    03-23-10 12:32 PM
    Use it every day all day! Just noticed tmo no longer has the flip on their web site!
    The only place you can get it on contract is Verizon Website. Every corporate store and authorized retailer in the Detroit area are out of stock.
    03-23-10 12:33 PM
    The only place you can get it on contract is Verizon Website. Every corporate store and authorized retailer in the Detroit area are out of stock.
    It comes to "end of life" per verizon April 1st but other carriers must still sell them because blackberry still advertises them on their web site. The 8230 has not been on verizon for a year yet WTF! I hate to say it but android will put rim out of bussiness soon! Rim is so far behing the times its not funny! I am going to look at the htc incredible when it comes out.
    03-23-10 01:03 PM
    It comes to "end of life" per verizon April 1st but other carriers must still sell them because blackberry still advertises them on their web site. The 8230 has not been on verizon for a year yet WTF! I hate to say it but android will put rim out of bussiness soon! Rim is so far behing the times its not funny! I am going to look at the htc incredible when it comes out.
    Verizon pushes android heavily. But I read an article that did a good job arguing why RIM will never go away. THe point of the article stated that RIM has a strong-hold on the business industry. IT departments hate new OS's due to uniformity. It also argued that believe it or not, people prefer QWERTY over touchscreen, and even though it seems in the US that Apple and Android are taking over, in the World market, RIM is kicking ****.
    03-23-10 02:04 PM
    I have been following the android thing for some time and yes rim has a strong hold on the business user but that is it. All of the manufacturers are racing to release new android models daily to keep up with the demand. Rim has to hurry up with new software to stay up with the android platform. If you read the Financial blogs most are hedging on android as the top dog by 2014!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 03:30 PM
    Still rockin' a Flip after 16 months. I love this phone to death. I have always loved flip phones, and IMHO the Pearl Flip is the hottest, most capable flip phone ever made.
    03-23-10 09:17 PM
    The flip pearl makes the 3rd Suretype Phone I've had. I won't do anything else buy a suretype keyboard and won't do touch screen. I do way too much one handed typing not looking that I need to feel the keyboard to type. My one gripe is that I haven't found (or it doesn't exist) an extended battery for my phone. When I got my first blackberry it was a brick but lasted forever with an extended battery. When I went to the pearl no extended battery and now the flip pearl same thing. I have extra batteries so I'm never without power, but 5 min reboot always feels like forever.
    03-25-10 08:59 AM
    I run my Storm 9530 daily but have a brand new boxed pearl flip in case the storm craps out!
    03-27-10 03:52 PM
    I love my Flip too... It's the reason why I change to BlackBerry... The only thing that annoy me something is that it can get really slow but nothing that a battery pull can't resolve... I hope that RIM is planning on releasing a new version
    03-27-10 04:13 PM
    went with the new Bold 9700... the flip is for sale though.
    03-27-10 04:39 PM
    The only thing I hate about the flip is that it gets no love from RIM! I cant get 5.0 or apps I want, like MLB.com, and other apps work only so-so because they are not really made for it. The design is perfect--if RIM had really backed it up and made apps for it, it would be the perfect phone. As it is, I plan to go with an Android phone for my next purchase, so good job RIM, for losing a customer!
    03-27-10 04:49 PM
    The only thing I hate about the flip is that it gets no love from RIM! I cant get 5.0 or apps I want, like MLB.com, and other apps work only so-so because they are not really made for it. The design is perfect--if RIM had really backed it up and made apps for it, it would be the perfect phone. As it is, I plan to go with an Android phone for my next purchase, so good job RIM, for losing a customer!
    This phone was not a very big seller. I knew absolutely no one in my area who had the Pearl Flip when I did.

RIM clearly saw that the flip phone market wasn't where they belonged.

This phone was never designed to be a over the top phone. Just a "starter" Blackberry.
    03-28-10 06:36 PM
    03-29-10 04:32 PM
    Love it. My very first BlackBerry. I bought it the day it came out for Verizon and I've been using it ever since. I really wish they'd update it though, but it doesn't look like they're going to.
    03-29-10 06:51 PM
    I am currently.

I find it hilarious that people consider it a "non advanced" blackberry. It blows the curve out the water. The problem with it is that RIM did not market it or support it the way the should have, and they gave an exclusive to t-mobile to start out.

It is an older phone now. And they need to make a successor. This new pearl coming out is not impressive.
    Last edited by strunke; 04-02-10 at 07:19 PM.
    04-02-10 07:17 PM
    RIM does a poor job with all of their devices. How many Os updates and leaks do we need get it right the first time�pt the tenth time wtf! I use both android and bb and my flip is a work horse for when I am at work but the android blows the bb platform away. RIM needs to get their act together before google puts them out of business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 08:21 PM
    Hopefully after they roll out the 9100, they will revisit the flip and do an update for it. When I saw the hints of the impending Blackberry "Slider" I was hoping it was a slider version of the Flip (which I'd be all over), but it looks like that is a "sliderized" Curve.
    04-03-10 02:59 PM
    Waiting for the slider. If the slider is a fail i switch over to apple
    04-05-10 12:46 AM
    I like this phone. Not a big app user so not really missing anything there. I use it for IM, email, and phone primarly and it works just fine.

I do wish it was a little faster and that the camera took better pics, but not a deal breaker.
    04-06-10 04:15 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD