I am currently using my trusty 8700c and at this moment im out of my 2yr agreement with AT&T , so I log into my account and click on the upgrade phone button to see what it will cost me to get the Curve. So I do that and see that it is 199.99 with a 100.00 rebate to come out at 99.99. I'm like WOW that doesn't seem like such a great deal to me. So I use a different browser and go to AT&T wireless site and see what it would cost for a new customer to get the Curve and guess what it cost 199.99 with 100.00 rebate. "Same frickin price" Why is it the same. One doesn't feel like they are getting a good deal if everyone else can get it. Not to mention while I was on the AT&T site I recieve and instant message asking if they can help me with the purchase of my new phone so I have this live chat going with this CS rep from AT&T and I ask her to explain this to me and guess what SHE CAN'T. So I log off and do it again with a different CS rep and the same thing happens, NO ONE WANTS TO BE ACCOUNTABLE and help me with my obvious question instead they want me to call some 800 number and speak to someone live. BRUTALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SPRINT SERO SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT ABOUT NOW (once i get past initial activation)
    06-17-08 10:59 PM
    Why don't you just call AT&T and see what they can do?
    06-17-08 11:04 PM
    They work for ATT and are in the business for Customers why can't they have the answers and be responsible and give me an honest answer? Why send me to some one else.
    06-17-08 11:08 PM
    They aren't trained in giving you those answers. Some of the reps that are on live chat, a lot of the time aren't officially with at&t (contractors) and don't get the training to answer those types of questions. It's almost like you asking your friend this answer...
    06-17-08 11:12 PM
    Just some friendly advice - Do your research before you decide on sprint. A lot of Sprint members are looking at switching to other carriers because of multiple service issues. For at&t, they're like all other carriers - in the business of making profits as the bottom line.
    06-17-08 11:12 PM
    I hear you black.
    06-17-08 11:16 PM
    i have never had a problem with sprint and i have been with them for 5 years. there rates are better when it comes to the plans
    06-17-08 11:27 PM
    Not to mention Jayden, like im supposed to know they are not trained for those questions and that they are sometimes contractors! Who is trained to answer my questions for ATT??? CS from Verizon or CS from Sprint. especically when im the one getting a instant message from them asking me how they can help me. Its total BS.
    06-17-08 11:31 PM
    When I went in to the ATT store to upgrade, they gave me a discount (with a qualified service plan) as a loyal customer. I would definitely call CS or talk to someone in person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 11:44 PM
    I have never liked ATT. Verizon is best and they bend over backwards to make it work for you.

06-17-08 11:51 PM
    Not to mention Jayden, like im supposed to know they are not trained for those questions and that they are sometimes contractors! Who is trained to answer my questions for ATT??? CS from Verizon or CS from Sprint. especically when im the one getting a instant message from them asking me how they can help me. Its total BS.
    I've been with Sprint for close to 10 years and unless you plan on spending most of your time talking to CS, I dont understand what the big hype is about. Some people swear by one carrier, and others another.

As far as you demanding that someone be intelligible enough to answer your question- you're PO'd cause you're running from one browser to the other to see what you can get different and you dont get the fact that you and a new customer are pretty much getting the same thing.

Here's a hard truth real answer for you- Most, if not all carriers are in the business of wooing NEW customers; you're not a new customer- just one out of contract. The time you spent getting mad b/c you werent getting an answer could have been handled with a phone call and you might have been able to get something other than what you saw on the web.

Which brings to question this - In the end, based on your own post, a new Curve would have cost you $99. For a new customer, it would have been $99. So really, what is your issue or did you want it for free? Seems to me you did get a good deal.
    06-18-08 12:03 AM
    Why don't you just call AT&T and see what they can do?
    +1 I called AT&T and they gave me and my wife both free ($199 with $199 instant rebate) 8310s for extending for 2 more years...helluva deal, if you ask me...AT&T has always been good to us...call 'em!
    06-18-08 12:10 AM
    As far as you demanding that someone be intelligible enough to answer your question- you're PO'd cause you're running from one browser to the other to see what you can get different and you dont get the fact that you and a new customer are pretty much getting the same thing.

Here's a hard truth real answer for you- Most, if not all carriers are in the business of wooing NEW customers; you're not a new customer- just one out of contract. The time you spent getting mad b/c you werent getting an answer could have been handled with a phone call and you might have been able to get something other than what you saw on the web.

Which brings to question this - In the end, based on your own post, a new Curve would have cost you $99. For a new customer, it would have been $99. So really, what is your issue or did you want it for free? Seems to me you did get a good deal.
    Could not have said it any better!
    06-18-08 12:10 AM
    ^^^ I'm gonna have to agree also, on this one^^^
    06-18-08 06:13 AM
    I was one year into a two year contract with AT&T when my Blackjack died on me. Since I use it for work, I had to replace it. Iwent to the AT&T store and looked at the Curve. I was told since my contract wasn't up, it would be $199 with a $100 rebate, and I would have to go to a new two year contract. I agreed and when the guy was ringing me up, he said "hmm". I cringed and asked him what was the matter. He said for some reason I qualified for an instant $100 rebate also! I didn't ask any questions, I just paid him my $109 and left. I mailed in my rebate form so, hopefully, my new Curve won't cost me anything out of my pocket. Go fiigure.
    06-18-08 07:21 AM
    Verizion just bends you over.... great service but they are the highest out there.. Love TMO
    06-18-08 07:49 AM
    Turned my phone off and on and EDGE came back here in Raleigh, NC.
    06-18-08 07:57 AM
    I've been with Sprint for close to 10 years and unless you plan on spending most of your time talking to CS, I dont understand what the big hype is about. Some people swear by one carrier, and others another.

I'm with you, I couldn't agree more why would anyone get the undies in a bunch over a curve for $99 bucks sounds like a killer deal to me
    06-18-08 07:58 AM
    The reason I left Sprint is bc when my contract was up, their "uprgrade" deal was FAR worse than their new customer deal....and they didn't seem in the LEAST concerned that I told them I was going to go find a better deal elsewhere.....

For myself, I don't care if EVERYONE gets the 'same' deal, why would I? 99 dollars for a phone that costs far more than that is not a bad deal at all, and one I'd jump on in a NY minute if I was eligible for an upgrade......
    06-18-08 07:59 AM
    Well I was only about a year and 4 months into my contract and call up att and complained to them a bit. First off if you want a good deal DO NOT talk to customer service because they cannot do much for you. The department you want to talk to is the retension department. Go through the phone menus and select cancel your service. That takes you right to them. Anywho back to my story I talked to a retension person and told her we were gonna cancel our lines, she wanted to know what she could do to help. She ended up giving me a $60 credit on my account also another $40 towards accesories credit on my account. Tally that up with the $100 rebate and the 2 curves I bought on cost about $50 plus tax. Just gotta know how to work the system. Oh and she even wavied the upgrade fee. Which is $18 per line.
    06-18-08 08:00 AM
    Whats that got to do with this thread?
    06-18-08 08:07 AM
    Wrong thread, dude...
    06-18-08 08:09 AM
    The reason I left Sprint is bc when my contract was up, their "uprgrade" deal was FAR worse than their new customer deal....and they didn't seem in the LEAST concerned that I told them I was going to go find a better deal elsewhere.....

For myself, I don't care if EVERYONE gets the 'same' deal, why would I? 99 dollars for a phone that costs far more than that is not a bad deal at all, and one I'd jump on in a NY minute if I was eligible for an upgrade......
    Which still leaves the point- you were UPgrading, you were NOT a new customer. I've always felt that most carriers dont go out of their way to retain the customers they currently have; then they cant seem to understand why people leave for better deals and I'm sure when you went to a NEW carrier, you got the price that a NEW customer would get.
    06-18-08 08:13 AM
    Thats what im talking about scandal! I just want a better deal then a new customer.
    06-18-08 08:47 AM
    Seriously... Go into the store and talk to a rep! That have been more than helpful for me! They let me upgrade 6 months early to the berry and changed my plan around. I paid $150 for a pearl, a car charger, and 3 skins ($50 mail in rebate). Then when my keypad broke and I called the 800 they couldn't help me. Said I broke the phone! I went back to my store and talked to a different rep who called the 800 number for me. They told her the same thing so she just gave me a brand new berry with no problem at all! Sooooo helpful at the store!

Basically...go to the store and talk to a rep!

06-18-08 09:03 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD