1. Home ++ Beta - Home Replacement Free
    Developer's Website: Introducing Home++ (Home++ by Intuitit)
    This home replacement works great. I love the "Power Strip" at the bottom. That way I have some of the main applications [Browser, Contact Favorites, etc., etc.] right there at every screen.

Also, the drop down "Scrollable Widgets" which include Bookmarks and Running Services came in quite handy, especially with March Madness here making my bracket very easy to access.

2. Helix Launcher - Home Replacement Free
    Website: Helix Launcher: Download Launcher App for Android Phones 2.1 | Gadgets DNA
    I just switched from Home ++, above, to this app. It is so fast, has smooth transitions and my phone seems to work a 5x quicker.

You can have 4 icons basically locked in the bottom, 2 on each side of the app drawer. I believe it's a fairly new app and once it get some new updates it will be that much more better.

WARNING: Do NOT change the number of screens without first deleting all of your widgets/shortcuts/apps on all pages! If you don't you will be forced to book your phone into safemode and delete the app[/b]

3. AnyCut - Application [B]Free
    Simple little app to create HomeScreen shortcuts. I, personally, just enjoy being able to edit the name of the shortcut so my screen is more organized.

You can pretty much make a shortcut for anything. Actually, I'll probably buy the paid version of this app, BetterCut, very soon.

4. BatteryLeft- Free
    Developer's Website: Battery Left Widget | Preinvent
    I love this widget the more you use your phone, the more accurate it gets. This widget learns your phone usage so it can make better predictions.

You may display time & percentages in 3 different places on the single widget in one of the following: Main text, Secondary text, and Bottom text.
    -Estimated battery %, System battery %, Accuracy, Time left, Time dead 12 hour, Time dead 24 hour.

5. PrinterShare- Free
    Developer's Website: PrinterShare® Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE Download software!
    I don't use this app all of the time, but it's nice being able to print things remotely, or from your phone. If you receive an e-mail that needs to be printed you can do so immediately from your phone.

You may print the following from your phone: Pictures, Web Pages, Contacts, Calender, Call Log, and Messages. This may be done over wifi or remotely as well.

6. GMote - Free
    Developer's Website: Gmote > Android Remote
    All this app basically does is turn your phone into a remote control for your computer(s). You can Stop, Play, Rewind, Fast Forward, and control the volume all from your phone. You also have the option to play the music and/or video on your phone as well as your computer. However, the video streaming hasn't been great for me the music works just fine.

You can also turn your phone into a touch pad and keyboard so you can move your mouse, and type all from your phone.

7. Beautiful Widgets - ~$1.45 (I'm not completely sure on this so don't hold me to it)
    Developer's Website: Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio

8. GMail Unread Count- Free
    Developer's Website: Gmail Unread Count for Android | Alexander Blom

Don't forget to share your favorite apps and widgets, and I hope you find this useful.
    03-22-10 08:14 AM
    I like:

1. PDAnet
    2. Facebook
    3. ColorNote
    4. Barcode Scanner
    5. Shazam
    6. Wordpress
    7. ereader
    03-22-10 12:48 PM
    1. Touiteur
    2. Handcent SMS
    3. GoogleVoice
    4. Facebook

I also use SMS Unread Count widget for SMS and GMail.
    03-22-10 03:04 PM
    1. Handcent SMS
    2. AD Free (root)
    3. Set CPU (root)
    4. xScope (Best browser yet)
    5. Key Ring
    6. Wireless Tether for Root Users
    7. Pure Grid Calendar
    8. Titanium Back Up (for when I am switching ROMs)
    03-22-10 03:13 PM
    Handcent
    Beautiful Widgets
    Helix Launcher
    SetCPU
    TempMonitor
    Quick Settings
    Astro File Manager
    xScope
    03-22-10 04:19 PM
    Handcent SMS
    Astro File Manager
    Touiteur
    Youtube App {Crystal Clear}
    TubeDroid {Youtube downloader}
    Better Keyboard
    iMusic Tao {Music Search}
    Shazam
    Last edited by shaydlife; 03-22-10 at 04:36 PM.
    03-22-10 04:34 PM
    I'm new to the Android world... the descriptions helped a lot wad3. Everything else you added, was even better. Thanks!

So far, I've d/led:

Twidroid
    Touiteur
    Foursquare
    Gowalla
    Hi AIM

I can't find Beautiful Widgets!
    03-22-10 05:16 PM
    Hmm got similar list as OP.

Beautiful Widgets (Pre C&D Version)
    BatteryLife
    Root Explorer (root req)
    Astro
    SetCPU (root req)
    AdFree (root req)
    Wireless Tether (root req)
    Pandora
    Pure Messenger Widget
    MyBackup Pro & Titanium Backup (root req on second)
    NexusMod LWP
    Touch Input (Sense Keyboard)
    drocap2 (root req)
    News and Weather Widget
    Metamorph (root req)

I have a lot more lol...
    Last edited by FrostMan; 03-22-10 at 05:46 PM.
    03-22-10 05:43 PM
    wat they said +
    swype
    random lol cat
    toggle wifi
    fandango
    zedge
    03-22-10 06:57 PM
    any apps which can create a home row like the iphone....??? so when you go between pages the bottom row is still the same?
    03-22-10 09:17 PM
    any apps which can create a home row like the iphone....??? so when you go between pages the bottom row is still the same?
    1. Home ++ Beta - Home Replacement Free
    Developer's Website: Introducing Home++ (Home++ by Intuitit)
    This home replacement works great. I love the "Power Strip" at the bottom. That way I have some of the main applications [Browser, Contact Favorites, etc., etc.] right there at every screen.

10 chars
    03-22-10 10:55 PM
    2. Helix Launcher - Home Replacement Free
    Website: Helix Launcher: Download Launcher App for Android Phones 2.1 | Gadgets DNA
    I just switched from Home ++, above, to this app. It is so fast, has smooth transitions and my phone seems to work a 5x quicker.

You can have 4 icons basically locked in the bottom, 2 on each side of the app drawer. I believe it's a fairly new app and once it get some new updates it will be that much more better.
    Helix Launcher has four slots locked in for apps, no widgets though. It's very smooth and fast. I've actually been using GDE Home Replacement all day today, and I'm switching back to Helix.
    03-22-10 11:24 PM
    You all put most of the things i already use.

But one i saw missing is dialer one. awesome replacement for the dialer and contacts app. basically you can have it like the old days with BB in searching for people instead of scrolling and trying to find them in contacts.
    03-23-10 12:57 AM
    You all put most of the things i already use.

But one i saw missing is dialer one. awesome replacement for the dialer and contacts app. basically you can have it like the old days with BB in searching for people instead of scrolling and trying to find them in contacts.
    I couldn't find that in the market when it first came out. DO I just search for Dialer One?
    03-23-10 08:12 AM
    newsrob
    bbtunes
    jewellust
    opera mini
    how far am I
    03-23-10 08:46 AM
    I couldn't find that in the market when it first came out. DO I just search for Dialer One?
    You can always hit the search soft key while you're in your contacts and it will do the same thing.
    03-23-10 09:46 AM
    Dialer One v1.1.6.1 Application for Android | Communication

as for searching in contacts doing same thing, yes, but this cuts out a step or two. definitly worth trying out.

also i just serched for "dialer one" in the market and came right up. its by "Yermek Zhumagulov" and the icon is a green phone with 3 curved waves coming from it.
    03-23-10 09:58 AM
    Home row with app icon for the n1
    04-12-10 05:22 PM
    how do i get more than 3 home screens
    04-13-10 09:08 AM
    i have dl helix launcher
    04-13-10 09:10 AM
    how do i get more than 3 home screens
    Press the home button and it should ask you if you want to use Helix or Home select Helix and make it default if you haven't already. You should now see the Helix Launcher at the bottom. Press the menu button and select configure, Screen Size is at the top.
    04-13-10 11:43 AM
    Thanks for referencing Dialer One!! I've only had my Droid for a few days, but Dialer One would definitely be on my short list.

In addition to Dialer One, my other "top" apps:

Touchdown for Exchange email; I thought the native Exchange client was okay until I tried this. I will be purchasing it.

myLock (no longer have to swipe to unlock).

That's my short list for now. I've installed a bunch of other apps, but the ones mentioned truly bring me value.
    04-13-10 11:51 AM
    thanx rockstar your the best.I will keep an eye on your posts.
    04-13-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks for referencing Dialer One!! I've only had my Droid for a few days, but Dialer One would definitely be on my short list.

In addition to Dialer One, my other "top" apps:

Touchdown for Exchange email; I thought the native Exchange client was okay until I tried this. I will be purchasing it.

myLock (no longer have to swipe to unlock).

That's my short list for now. I've installed a bunch of other apps, but the ones mentioned truly bring me value.
    I forgot to include Swype!
    04-13-10 12:01 PM
    SMS Unread Count (really does sms, gmail and missed calls)
    F1 Racing (has live timing)
    LiveList
    News Rob
    SipAgent (using Gizmo5)
    Google Places Directory
    Google Talk
    Live Bookmarks
    04-13-10 12:10 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD