Background info: Verizon Tour 9630 running the Sprint 5.0.0.484 OS.

I've been successfully running OS 5.0 leaks for several months. Have had the .484 OS for about a month. Over this past weekend, I noticed that my BerryWeather wallpaper (which uses an image on my memory card) just had a blank black background. So I checked my 8GB memory card and saw that it wasn't recognized by the phone. I popped the battery cover and reseated it and the wallpaper came back, but only for about 20 minutes before vanishing again.

I've installed/updated the following apps recently, so one or more of them could be the cause.

AddOnIs46 - 1.4.8
    BerryBuzz - 2.2.1.1
    BerryWeather - 2.2.01
    Fandango - 1.0.12
    LaunchPad - 2.0.0.0
    QuickLaunch - 2.20.2

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. I don't really want to reinstall my OS if I can help it, but having my memory card "vanish" every 20 minutes is getting to be annoying.

Thanks.
    03-22-10 07:26 AM
    In case the card is going bad, copy its contents to your computer. Reformat it either on computer or on the BB and reload its contents and see if that fixes it.

Try the card in another device or phone? Could be the card or the Tour???
    03-22-10 08:44 AM
    Just this past weekend. It refused to read my MicroSD card. So I pulled the card, put it in its SD Card adapter and popped it into my desktop (older running Windows XP). Said the card was unreadable and needed fixing. So I took it to my laptop (newer running Vista) and it read it, but said there were issues. So I ran a defrag and a disk repair on the card, and then backed it up. After all that, I popped it back in to my Tour, and it is running like a charm Maybe even a bit faster, but that may just be me hallucinating, as my 384 mp3 songs bought online, were not backed up before.

Best,

Jeff
    03-22-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD