I have noticed something slightly odd with the way trackpad behaves on my phone. Whenever I am in a dark area and use the internet, when I move the cursor once I let go of the pad the cursor will begin to move slightly upwards slowly. It never goes very far but it can be slightly annoying, especially when scrolling up on a page as this can lead to the page continuing to scroll for a brief period. Is this normal to the trackpads?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:36 AM
    I have this issue too, but it's very sporadic when it happens. I always figured it's because the sensitivity was too high, or I was keeping my finger too close to the trackpad when I was moving.
    03-22-10 12:44 AM
    Happened to me once (just ONCE). I was in bright sunlight and I think my finger was shading the trackpad. It may have thought the high contrast between the bright light and the shade was an actual contact (it IS after all an "optical" pad). I've tried to recreate thie situation without success.

03-22-10 05:08 AM
    I have this issue too, but it's very sporadic when it happens. I always figured it's because the sensitivity was too high, or I was keeping my finger too close to the trackpad when I was moving.
    The sensitivity doesn't seem to effect it since changing it doesn't seem to effect the speed of the cursor in the browser

03-22-10 09:15 AM
    i think it happens when phone is directly under sun, it happened ones with my phone and since then I'm trying to not keep it right under sun
    03-22-10 09:43 AM
    i think it happens when phone is directly under sun, it happened ones with my phone and since then I'm trying to not keep it right under sun
    Ya but it happens for me when I'm in the dark. Also it seems like it happens more at night or the morning when I'm in bed

03-22-10 09:56 AM
    it happened to me when i was in direct sunlight to.
    03-23-10 04:00 PM
    Honestly, I do not remember what I was doing when it happened. You might have an iffy trackpad. If that's the case then I have one too :S Is it still under warranty?
    03-30-10 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD