Really weird, I got a replacement phone from att through a warranty. Did the device switch wizard, and updated to the leaked os found on these forums (5.0.0.545). Now when I open up DM to add new apps, all that shows are the apps I have, none of the OS files show up. They always showed up on my old phone, even with the leaked os. Any ideas?
    03-21-10 08:35 PM
    Are you trying to do an upgrade? It is quite a hassle if you're trying to do an upgrade and this happens. It happened to me as well. After spending hours reading I came across the solution.

Couple of things may cause this. Firstly, there is a copy of the vendor file and you may need to do a search on your pc and include hidden files. Delete that and should work properly ( this was what I read ).

However, that didn't work for me, but it might for you. If it doesn't, and you're trying to upgrade, you need to do a couple more things. What you need to do is download 2 versions. You need to download and install the current version you have on your phone. Install it and delete the vendor file.

Then download and install the version you want to upgrade to. Delete vendor file also. Yes, at this point you have two different versions installed at the same time. What you need to do next is go to C: Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > Shared. You will see two folders for two different versions. Copy the entire content of the version you want to UPGRADE to into the folder of the version you CURRENTLY have on your phone. Replace everything.

Open the loader and you will see the loader showing you the OS core applications for your new version.

Vendor file can be found in C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > Loader.

Hope this helps and was what you needed.

Boywin Lee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 09:07 PM
    Its not that I'm trying to update, I just used to see the languages and stuff like that in app loader. Now all I see are the apps that I myself have installed. It's also showing about 100mb extra of free space on the phone. Its almost like DM doesn't find the OS on my phone, even though I know its there.
    03-21-10 09:47 PM
    Bump.

Is anyone able to help or offer advice? I'm currently experiencing this issue as well, except it is showing 0MB of free space for me.

When I open up BB Desktop Manager (v5.0.1) and go to the Application Loader it doesn't list anything. It gives me "No software is available for your device". I just want to add some languages to my BB Curve 8520.

I'm running v5.0.0.509 (Platform 5.2.0.47) on my BB. No other version of Desktop Manager installed on my computer other than the one mentioned above.
    03-26-10 03:45 PM
    Has any taken the plunge and recieved the desire result???
    04-13-10 02:44 PM
    I tried that method too by copying everytthing into the folder and connected my bb to the pc.
    But it didn't recognize the OS. I retried by installing fresh which didn't work by the above method.

Any Suggestions?
    04-14-10 07:26 AM
    Do I need to roll back to v4.6 before i can install the new upgrade?? I'm on .509 right now and thought of upgrading to .592!!
    04-15-10 01:26 AM
    I'm having the same problem.

I bought a 9000 Bold and when plugged into computer, app loader only shows the apps I downloads OTA.

I have tried uninstalling (super clean method incl. registry) and reinstalling Desktop manager and device software.

I am running 5.0.0.411, preinstalled on the bold.

I have tried installing device soft ver. 5.0.0.592, 5.0.0.411 onto the computer, removed vendor file, but makes no difference to app loader. Still only OTA installed programs shows up.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to reinstall the OS to either of the versions I have listed above to ensure that it MATCHES what I have installed on the computer. I don't want to reinstall the OS b/c I'm quite happy with it now. BUT I do want to have the list of languages to remove languages that I don't use.

I don't know if my above assumption is correct and hopefully someone more experienced could help here.

Thanks all
    05-01-10 11:20 AM
    You can do an update without an active subscription by doing a "stealth" OS reload.

Delete the Vendor.xml file located at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Run Loader.exe from that directory.

Pull the battery from your device, and put it back in. Plug in the BB and IMMEDIATELY click the "next" button - here's where you want to make sure the port shows USB: UNKNOWN.

If it shows the PIN, you were too slow. Try again.

Basically, you're loading an OS from the bottom up. There is no "backup/restore" available for this. You'll lose everything on the device.

But it will work."
    ennyw and coggster like this.
    11-09-10 03:38 AM
    I tried everything and it seem to it doesn't work
    11-10-10 02:24 PM
    has anyone found a solution for this yet?
    03-22-11 12:18 PM
    You can do an update without an active subscription by doing a "stealth" OS reload.

Delete the Vendor.xml file located at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Pull the battery from your device, and put it back in. Plug in the BB and IMMEDIATELY click the "next" button - here's where you want to make sure the port shows USB: UNKNOWN.

Basically, you're loading an OS from the bottom up. There is no "backup/restore" available for this. You'll lose everything on the device.

But it will work."
    This trick worked for me thanks.

08-16-11 06:56 AM
    has anyone found a solution for this yet?
    The other thing to do is register your Host Routing Table.
    08-16-11 05:38 PM
    Does anyone who is having this problem find that it happened when you upgraded the OS after unlocking your cell? I recently unlocked my Bold9900 for a trip I have coming up (so I can get a SIM card in the country I am visiting) and I am now only seeing third party apps in my app loader.

I would also like to know where you install or leave the OS you download from your vendor so your desktop software can find it. Is there a specific folder? Or do I just run the .exe from my phone company and let it do its' t hing? Any help would be appreciated
    11-29-11 02:30 PM
    I am having this problem after "officially" upgrading from ATT .216(?) To .440.
    12-12-11 09:41 PM

But it will work."
    Thank you for this. I knew up to the vendor file but had forgotten the battery pull trick - yes I have been away form BB for a year but am back with the 9900 and you saved me from going crazy trying to work this out!
    02-11-12 01:20 PM
    I was trying to upgrade a 9700, and it would always show the PIN. I couldn't get it to show USB: UNKNOWN. However, even with the PIN showing, I clicked "next" again and it allowed me to load the upgraded OS.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-14-12 02:20 AM
    Thanks A Bunch Dude! It Worked For Me! And Now I'm Using OS 5!!!! thanks again!
    03-06-13 05:20 PM
    (solved ) open search window and type vendor.xml on c drive and delete them all..happy flashing$.
    01-15-14 12:11 PM
    heyy
    my black berry 8520 is getting an error code software reload 8520
    so i just want to download a compatible software & install it on my pc to reload but i am unable to find one
    because when I downloaded software from redington India
    the black berry desktop software does not have a device software for the device connected
    so I bought this blackberry from olx from a man who is recently came from dubai
    so i dont know frm where the blackberry is
    blackberry 8520 : ETA _ 00108/2009/WRLO
    PRD - 22578- 092- BLACK BERRY 8520 RCG41GW
    IC: 2503A- RCG40GW
    FCC ID: L6ARCG40GW
    CE 0168 !
    BT MAC : F4 0B 9317 D9DE
    C (UL) I.T.E US LISTED 89NN
    HB9

THESE ARE ALL THE DETAILS OF MY BLACKBERRY PHONE SO PLZZ TELL WHICH DEVICE SOFTWARE SHOULD I DOWNLOAD WHICH WILL BE COMPATIBLE
    01-31-16 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD