for Rogers. Lucky Canadians! Either att gets it before or att is no longer first to get it. Man I can't wait much longer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 09:28 PM
    Ahh. I see the thread "newest rumor" has this info. Thats what I get for missing a day here. Oy vey!

06-17-08 09:34 PM
    Mr.Bourne, do you not remeber ME, that's right ME saying that the Bold would release the same day RIM announced their Q1 earnings??? If not go back and check the threads!!! I belive it will launch on AT&T on the 25th ALSO!!!! IMO.... looks as if I was right in atleast one respect... Give credit where it's due baby!!! LOL...well, it hasn't released yet, but I'll see ya on the 25th..
    06-17-08 09:36 PM
    You did call it Jason!

06-17-08 10:16 PM
    it has to do with the first name bro!! lol... just ready for this phone to drop.... it is soooo sexxxxy.. iphone who???
    06-17-08 10:33 PM
    Must be for Rogers, because an ATT rep said that they will not be releasing the Bold before or around the same time as the iPhone 3G. They could have been lying I guess.
    06-17-08 10:42 PM
    I hate keeping up the speculation and all, but AT&T released the Curve right before the first iphone..so it's not like they wouldn't.. I still belive it's the 25th for AT&T but thats just me..and although it doesn't happen often, I have been wrong before..lol
    06-17-08 10:45 PM
    I hope you're right bc the sooner it comes to ATT, the sooner it comes to Verizon!

06-17-08 11:13 PM
    I hope you're right bc the sooner its on ATT, the sooner it'll be on VZW!

06-17-08 11:17 PM
    just FYI, Gizmodo's source is BGR so its really just bgr.
    06-17-08 11:18 PM
    I hope you're right Jason, because I'm just about to start my new job so when I have money to burn I'm really gonna want the Bold. I DEMAND IT BE RELEASED RIGHT NOW.
    06-17-08 11:20 PM
    We have 3 Curves - myself, my husband and my sister - and we all work together.
    If one of us gets a new BB, the rest of us get one too!
    With our AT&T family plan, we are due for one upgrade...guess it's cold, hard cash for the other two.
    I have been squirreling away money since I first heard about the Bold.

Getting very impatient!
    06-18-08 12:52 AM
    We have 3 Curves - myself, my husband and my sister - and we all work together.
    lol Yea I'm in a bb family too. My mom, dad, and two brothers have blackberries. Four curves and one 8830. Felt like saving my upgrade and seeing what Verizon releases this year. Dont have much use for the camera anyways.
    06-18-08 04:27 AM
    I hope you're right Jason, because I'm just about to start my new job so when I have money to burn I'm really gonna want the Bold. I DEMAND IT BE RELEASED RIGHT NOW.
    met too skormm...me too!!!
    06-18-08 05:58 AM
    Rogers on the 25th eh? AT&T will not release it, in my opinion, to close to the iPhone. I think if it does not come out in June, it will probably come out in early August.
    06-18-08 08:13 AM
    I hate keeping up the speculation and all, but AT&T released the Curve right before the first iphone..so it's not like they wouldn't.. I still belive it's the 25th for AT&T but thats just me..and although it doesn't happen often, I have been wrong before..lol
    Granted the Curve came out near the time of the iPhone, but those two phones are not in direct competition with each other. The Curve is a low end BlackBerry whereas iPhone is a top of the line phone.

I DO NOT believe the Bold will come out until later this summer. Everyone, in public and on the business side, knows the Bold and the iPhone 3G are in direct competition with each other. And, understanding this is a business and the only vendor is ATT...the launch dates and playing the "balance game" I will be very difficult. ATT has to try and please Apple and RIM at the same time, something that is not going to happen now that they both are launching devices which are in direct competition with each other.

Again, the Curve and the iPhone are not on par with each other - not even close. The Bold and the iPhone 3G are, and everyone knows it.

My prediction is the Bold comes out end of summer.
    06-18-08 09:15 AM
    Rogers on the 25th eh? AT&T will not release it, in my opinion, to close to the iPhone. I think if it does not come out in June, it will probably come out in early August.

Rogers will be releasing the 3G iPhone on July 11th also, so its just as close for them as it would be for at&t if were to release it on the 25th.
    06-18-08 10:24 AM
    Rogers will be releasing the 3G iPhone on July 11th also, so its just as close for them as it would be for at&t if were to release it on the 25th.
    That is true, but I don't think that Rogers has as much of an "intimate" relationship with Apple as AT&T does.
    06-18-08 10:27 AM
    That is true, but I don't think that Rogers has as much of an "intimate" relationship with Apple as AT&T does.

True also, but I won't be a bit surprised if we see the Bold at at&t before the 3g iPhone launch date. Not saying it will happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me.
    06-18-08 10:33 AM
    Same here, but I think if it is released before the 3G iPhone it'll be more of a surprise release.
    06-18-08 10:39 AM
    Must be for Rogers, because an ATT rep said that they will not be releasing the Bold before or around the same time as the iPhone 3G. They could have been lying I guess.
    Apple has soooooooo much more influence with AT&T than RIM.

I was told that AT&T had planned to release the Bold the last part of this month...but that Apple had gotten miffed at that...so the pressure from Apple caused AT&T to put the release date at the end of July so that Apples new (???) 3G iPhone wouldn't have so much competition.

This comes from an AT&T zone sales manager...but, who knows?
    06-18-08 10:51 AM

I was told that AT&T had planned to release the Bold the last part of this month...but that Apple had gotten miffed at that...so the pressure from Apple caused AT&T to put the release date at the end of July so that Apples new (???) 3G iPhone wouldn't have so much competition.

it sure does make sense being that the iPhone is an exclusive product unlike RIM products. I guess they'll release the phones in the schedule that will translate into the most sales. Just a simplistic viewpoint.

I also do not think AT&T will release two directly competing products close together. They'll space them at least 30 days apart. To avoid returns on they products. Unless they think that the Bold and the iPhone are not competing with each other.
    06-18-08 11:09 AM
    They'll space them at least 30 days apart. To avoid returns on they products. Unless they think that the Bold and the iPhone are not competing with each other.
    That is an interesting thought. I wonder if that was a big issue last year for AT&T... people bought the Curve and returned it for the sex appeal of the iPhone. Hmmm... then AT&T would be stuck with a ton of "refurbished" Berries.
    06-18-08 11:14 AM

I'm not saying you're wrong..but the bottom line(being the Almighty dollar) is AT&T can do nothing BUT benefit from competition between RIM & Apple.. only time will tell
    06-18-08 11:35 AM
    I'm not saying you're wrong..but the bottom line(being the Almighty dollar) is AT&T can do nothing BUT benefit from competition between RIM & Apple.. only time will tell
    This is my thought as well.
    06-18-08 11:48 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD