when the phone is locked is there any way to remove emergency call as an option? it has gotten me into some trouble before... now whenever i lock my phone i have to hold mute and put it in standby mode as well just in case.

whenever i don't lock it and just use standby mode, it always goes off standby mode in my pocket.
    03-21-10 03:56 PM
    when the phone is locked is there any way to remove emergency call as an option? it has gotten me into some trouble before... now whenever i lock my phone i have to hold mute and put it in standby mode as well just in case.

whenever i don't lock it and just use standby mode, it always goes off standby mode in my pocket.
    I use standby (holding mute - top right button) and have no issues with it coming out of standby accidently. Maybe your device's mute/standby button is 'faulty' being more sensitive than its hould be? I think it's a legal requirement that all phones can dial emergency numbers, worldwide standard I believe.
    03-21-10 04:50 PM
    No, I agree with the OP. The emergency call option is way too easy it accidentally activate unless your keypad is locked (separate from password lock).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 05:09 PM
    if emergency call is required by the FCC then they should just make dialing 911 possible on a locked phone instead of having a button.
    03-21-10 05:22 PM
    if emergency call is required by the FCC then they should just make dialing 911 possible on a locked phone instead of having a button.
    That's fair. Not sure why RIM decided to make it a one button dial. Trying to be 'user friendly' and going too far...
    03-21-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD