I've done a bunch of upgrades and never had this problem all it does is look at my apps and says I don't need to do anything, I deleted every old 9550 OS off my comp and it still doesn't realize that I have new software thanx in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 06:15 PM
    Delete vendor.xml file as described in another thread.

03-20-10 06:45 PM
    Did that I thought that was evident with me saying ice done a bunch of upgrades

03-20-10 06:53 PM
    Are you running Vista or Win 7, if so right click and run as admin on loader.exe
    03-20-10 08:48 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've deleted all old versions. Restarted multiple time and deleted the vendor file but all the files in the app loader folder are a month and a half old. Anybody have any thought on how to make the few OS files show up in the app loader folder?
    03-20-10 09:54 PM
    did you delete the folders for the older versions in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    03-20-10 10:06 PM
    Are you running a hybrid? I tried to upgrade running loader.exe and it did not install 517. When I tried to upgrade using desktop manager, I had to choose to install the older version detected on my pc (517) since my hybrid had newer files in it.
    03-20-10 11:51 PM
    Tried doing the downgrade and it didn't work

03-21-10 09:42 AM
    I've done many many upgrades across multiple devices but for some reasonthis was giving me a problem. Stupid me was deleting device.xml and vendor.xml. Let's just call it a brain fart on my part. Once i realized what i was doing, the upgrade went smooth and i am loving .517.
    03-21-10 10:04 AM
    Edit: Web site that helped me with same issue: Why won't my OS update? I deleted the Vendor.xml file! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

There is also a 2nd vendor file hidden away. Search for it and delete that as well. Also modify desktop manager to no look for the up to date software. That is what making a second vendor XML with the current os 320 from verizon.

Last edited by Damademan3; 03-21-10 at 10:20 AM.
    03-21-10 10:12 AM
    Going to check it out now thanx

03-21-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD