I've come to dread restarting my phone (after deleting an app, to free up space). Every time I pull the battery, it's like playing russian roulette with my phone. When it restarts, it goes back to that original wallpaper that my bb bold2 had, and then the trackpad won't work. Even if I click down once to activate the trackpad, nothing moves on my screen. It almost always ends with me having to do a second battery pull, which is really nerve-wracking. It's like there's some sort of SEVERE lag going on. And if it does begin to work after a battery pull, it takes like 6 minutes to begin working.
    Has anyone else encountered this? My bold's only several months old, and it's kind of annoying.

Thanks!
    03-19-10 02:38 PM
    When I do a reboot, it usually takes my Tour a good 20-30 secs. at times to go back to normal and work like it should. I think it is just part of the reboot process.
    03-19-10 02:41 PM
    Tell us what you have installed and running on your blackberry
    03-19-10 02:43 PM
    Same here with my 9630 after a reset. It's laggy and frozen for a minute or two. i attribute it to indexing or something. i know i can never go into my media (songs or pics) straight away after a reboot. They are still loading or whatever they do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 02:44 PM
    What version OS do you have? I have the leaked .545 version and do not have this problem...
    Don
    03-19-10 03:12 PM
    4.6 OS, Bold 9000. Same thing. Its like when my computer reboots, I gotta give it time to get settled in. For my blackberry it takes anywhere from 1 minute to 4 minutes before I can click on something and have a response with no lag.

Kinda annoying, but meh.
    03-19-10 03:22 PM
    I've had this happen many times. When the phone gets hung up, I call the Blackberry from another phone. When the call comes through my phone instantly wakes up and gets out of the lag mode.
    03-19-10 10:07 PM
    Two potential culprits are memory compression and data encryption - both apply complex algorithms(aleast encryption)

Turn memory compression off - options>memory>compression and disable
    Turn encryption off - options>security options >encryption and disable

Do a batt pull, wait for 30 seconds and u shd have a little less log if not none...

Also check if any apps are set to start on boot up and disable it cos it takes valuable time to get started...

Hope this helps...

03-20-10 06:43 AM
    That's a really good point, and tip! A friend of mine who is on BES cannot disable Content Protection and his 9630 takes a lot longer to boot up than mine, on BIS with CP disabled.

03-20-10 06:55 AM
    Usually takes me 3 minutes from battery pull to putting it back in and waiting for the load bar to finish and then for all the programs to load.

Is quite normal for it to do this. Like others mentioned it is like a computer and need to make sure everything loads before browsing or using it.

Shouldn't take 6 minutes to boot up and work correctly. Either you are over exaggerating or something is array with your device and needs troubleshooting for sure.

03-20-10 08:36 AM
    I'm running OS 5.0.0.296 (at least I think), and I only have some basic apps such as Poynt, Google Maps and Viigo.
    I am exaggerating about the 6 minutes I guess. But it feels like forever while I'm freaking out. But it is minutes while I'm waiting for it to start working for me.
    I'm going to try the suggestion about turning compression and encryption off.
    I hope it works!

Thank you all
    03-20-10 11:21 AM
    I'm running OS 5.0.0.296 (at least I think), and I only have some basic apps such as Poynt, Google Maps and Viigo.
    I am exaggerating about the 6 minutes I guess. But it feels like forever while I'm freaking out. But it is minutes while I'm waiting for it to start working for me.
    I'm going to try the suggestion about turning compression and encryption off.
    I hope it works!

Thank you all
    Do you have Poynt and Google Maps running in the background while you reboot? If so, they are trying to get GPS or cell location in order to update. That could take some time, especially if you are indoors and won't get a GPS lock.

For instance, I have BerryWeather set to first look for GPS and then cell location. When I reboot it takes a little longer due to the BerryWeather looking for my location.
    Last edited by lak611; 03-20-10 at 11:40 AM.
    03-20-10 11:38 AM
    That makes perfect sense to me! So if my phones not frozen, I should exit out of those apps first?

03-22-10 01:27 PM
    Large native client messenger lists cause lag while loading (Msn, aim ICQ etc) of you have them set on auto login it will lag a bit.

03-22-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD