if so, how?? i won't go into my issues with verizon on the matter here, but i was just wondering if anyone outside of their first 30 days has manged to get a phone with a new hardware code? i have now received 3 refurbs, but none of them have contained the updated hardware. VZ is telling me that only new devices will contain the update, and that i am not eligible to get a new one because i am passed my initial 30 days. i have spoken to CS, TS, and been to a couple of stores with no real results. they say they are leaving the required info/device codes as notes on my account, but i have gotten 3 phones in the last 2 weeks all they have all been old hardware with the same bottom button issues. i see alot of people getting the new hardware, but i have no way of knowing if they are inside or outside of their magical 30 day window. anybody out there that has managed to figure this out, please let me know!
    03-19-10 11:00 AM
    but none of them have contained the updated hardware.
    Did you test all of these refurbs to see if they had problems? Just because a "refurb" or replacement phone doesn't have the code, added hardware, brown box, green/blue/yellow dot doesn't mean that the phone doesn't work correctly, as this problem isn't plaguing all phones. I don't have this problem with mine. Or did you just see that these replacements didn't match what others have reported and you just sent them back?
    03-19-10 11:14 AM
    id like to know that as well.
    03-19-10 11:21 AM
    I find it hard to believe that all 3 phones had a problem. I firmly believe that many people who have returned their phones, may infact had a problem, but many did not, they just wanted a new phone. Of those who got replacements, they were simply not satisfied because their devices did not match exactly down to the last detail date, code etc. Never tested these just simply sent them back. IMO, thats just taking advantage.
    03-19-10 11:27 AM
    legit screen issues here. multi-clicks....issues on the call screen (non responsive until I reboot) and of course that ever slanted annoying screen (not that big of an issue)
    03-19-10 11:32 AM
    yep, i checked all of them. green button still doesn't work while sitting on a flat surface on any of them, and i could get all of them to do the crazy seizure multi-click simply by holding down any part of the screen and clicking any of the bottom buttons. granted, some were better than others, but i am not about to go through setting up everything on a new handset just to have the same problems. much easier to box them up and send them back than it is to transfer everything for no reason.

so... anybody?
    Last edited by SolidOrange; 03-19-10 at 11:54 AM.
    03-19-10 11:47 AM
    yep, i checked all of them
    With odds like those, you should really book a trip to Vegas.
    03-19-10 12:51 PM
    With odds like those, you should really book a trip to Vegas.
    except that these odds are not working in my favor.

i really just want to know if it is possible, otherwise i will quit trying. i loaded up .517 on my current device today and i have noticed a drastic improvement in the bottom row, so i may just stick with what i've got for now. i can always downgrade to .320 and demonstrate the home key issues to VZ in the future since it is still the official release for them. i will probably end up waiting a few months before asking again, and hopefully by then they will have some of the new hardware in refurb stock.

i would, however, still like to know if anyone has actually managed to get this done?
    03-19-10 01:25 PM
    I was able to get a new one outside of my 30days. I just called them and asked about the new storms with the better screens (my phone was having the issue with the screen clicks) and they sent me a new one.
    03-19-10 01:26 PM
    Also what were the date codes of the device?
    03-19-10 01:27 PM
    Also what were the date codes of the device?
    underneath your battery between the PIN and the manufacture location. can you confirm that yours IS an updated code? they are C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, M2A, N2A, and any 6 digit code.

the replacement i got today is 5B9, not on the list, and definitely worse than my current device.
    03-19-10 01:32 PM
    underneath your battery between the PIN and the manufacture location. can you confirm that yours IS an updated code? they are C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, M2A, N2A, and any 6 digit code.

the replacement i got today is 5B9, not on the list, and definitely worse than my current device.
    mine is 022610
    03-19-10 02:05 PM
    mine is 022610
    lucky!! every time i call them about it, they say they can only send me a refurb and that none of them have the new device codes yet. how far past 30 days were you?? i bought mine on release day in Oct. so i am not even close, but i really just want to get my hands on one of the updated devices!!
    03-19-10 02:11 PM
    lucky!! every time i call them about it, they say they can only send me a refurb and that none of them have the new device codes yet. how far past 30 days were you?? i bought mine on release day in Oct. so i am not even close, but i really just want to get my hands on one of the updated devices!!
    I had a release day phone & I was able to get a new one. It came it in Tuesday. It works so much better.
    03-19-10 02:57 PM
    how are you people doing this??
    03-19-10 02:59 PM
    how are you people doing this??
    When i called all I said was that my send button doesn't work right, it get stuck & hard to press. I did everything they asked, backup the phone & factory reset it, even though I knew it wouldn't fix the issue & then they sent me a new one.

I never mentioned how there are new phones that have the screen fixed or asked for a replacement, I let them bring it up. Plus I was nice to them.
    03-19-10 03:03 PM
    too late for me i guess, they are all up in arms about the fact that they have sent me 3 refurbs in the last 2 weeks even though it is their fault. as i said earlier... guess i'm waitin a few months before i try it again.

thanks for the info everybody! nice to know that at least some people are getting a correctly made version of the phone they paid for.
    03-19-10 03:06 PM
    Guys I got a storm2 today without even calling verizon to say there was a problem with my first storm2 is this supposed to happen?
    03-19-10 03:13 PM
    Hmmm interesting is it the new hardware? I would call verizon maybe?
    Guys I got a storm2 today without even calling verizon to say there was a problem with my first storm2 is this supposed to happen?
    03-19-10 03:48 PM
    I called and Verizon has no idea what I was talking about with the defective storm2's they think someone actually ordered the phone but no one here did, I am positive. Weird thing is there are 2 receipts and one has directions to return a defective device. I am not sure if this gets shipped to everyone or what.
    03-19-10 03:54 PM
    Did it come in a new box? Or is it a refurb?

I called and Verizon has no idea what I was talking about with the defective storm2's they think someone actually ordered the phone but no one here did, I am positive. Weird thing is there are 2 receipts and one has directions to return a defective device. I am not sure if this gets shipped to everyone or what.
    03-19-10 04:15 PM
    my wife has 1C9 for her code and her screen is a TON more responsive than my 5B9 coded device.
    03-19-10 04:19 PM
    Did it come in a new box? Or is it a refurb?
    Brand new box. Same that my first one came in. The price was 229.00 billed to some random card number ending in 0001 or something like that and its weird because no one is due for an upgrade at this time and no one has an account ending in 0001. weird but i am sending it back before this turns into some giant mess of ETF and crap
    03-19-10 04:24 PM
    Yeah that's a good idea. Since it is a new one maybe the address is wrong and it should have been mailed to someone else....
    Better be safe and return before verizon charges ya for it
    Brand new box. Same that my first one came in. The price was 229.00 billed to some random card number ending in 0001 or something like that and its weird because no one is due for an upgrade at this time and no one has an account ending in 0001. weird but i am sending it back before this turns into some giant mess of ETF and crap
    03-19-10 04:44 PM
    Absolutely not. I have called Verizon several times including during my 30 days and they would not send me out a new phone. I am now over my 30 days by 4 days and they still insist on sending me a certified refurbished like new device. I have the multi click issues and unresponsive stuck bottom buttons, although this issue does not occur all the time. My screen gets stuck even when I attempt to answer the phone causing me to lose a call. I am on the latest Hybrid. Verizon tech support just put me through a million tests and I told them I'm not satisfied and proceeded to tell the man I want to cancel service and he said, "Mam we are sorry to see. you leave Verizon." He could not care less about losing me as a customer! Ha! And proceeded to tell me that I would have to pay 300 for each of my phones for an early termination fee. I actually set up the termination for the end of the month, although he was prepared to turn me off tonight! Oh I hate Verizon customer service!

Mrsstraty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 09:08 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD