Looking for an OTA link for Opera mini 5 beta 2.

I have the cod file but cannot install it from my mac. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    03-19-10 02:24 AM
    Version 5 is out of beta and the link for Opera Mini 5 beta 2 is dead.

It used to be m.opera.com/next, but when you go to that address now, you will be redirected to m.opera.com where you can download the released version.
    03-19-10 11:41 AM
    I'm aware of this. Version 5 final is not working well on my Bold, so I need to go back to beta 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 11:48 AM
    It took 3 installs to get Bolt running to what I thought was "acceptable" on my phone. Maybe give Opera another shot.
    03-19-10 11:54 AM
    Do you have a web site where you could post the .cod? You should be able to browse to that address from you BlackBerry and install that way.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    03-19-10 11:54 AM
    I have installed version 5 final 6 times. Still it lags to the point that I can't even use it. Bolt is running fine so I'm using that at the moment although I much prefer opera mini. Beta 2 worked almost flawlessly before. I regret installing the final version now.

I have tried loading the .cod file from my web server but my Bold doesn't "see" the file as an installable app.

03-19-10 12:03 PM
    woot woot i still have the .cod file for it...

let me try to install it on mine.

i think the new "official" is far worse than the beta.

03-19-10 12:06 PM
    AHHHHH i'm in the same boat...

i backed up my applications post installing the new horrible opera.... sorry man...

*wipes tears away from eyes*

03-19-10 12:16 PM
    I'm going to see if I can use a friend's windows computer to install the cod through DM.

03-19-10 12:34 PM
    I agree the new Opera Mini 5 is a real disappointment. The cursor behaves oddly and even though I'm nearsighted and have the font set to Large, I need a magnifying glass to read the font on most pages. I'm sorry I deleted the Beta 2.
    03-19-10 12:46 PM
    Tried to install the cod file. I think I have the wrong one. I got an error looking for a "touch event". lol.

This is too much work just to get an app installed. No more Opera for me.
    03-19-10 02:48 PM
    Won't the BETA version eventually expire...?
    03-19-10 03:17 PM
    Won't the BETA version eventually expire...?
    As it's a free app, I don't see why. Opera isn't Microsoft
    03-19-10 04:22 PM
    I want the beta too. Did anyone find it? The final version keeps on freezing. I got stuck and can't navigate through the menu's.
    03-30-10 12:37 PM
    The final version has been updated to fix some of the bugs.
    03-30-10 01:01 PM
    The final version has been updated to fix some of the bugs.
    For me the beta worked great the final has been a mess. I get a white screen sometimes, sometimes i cant navigate the menu to close or go to settings. The only way to fix it is to do a battery pull. I would say on a normal day i need to do a battery pull up to 5 times bc of opera mini problems. Any advice?
    03-30-10 01:04 PM
    For me the beta worked great the final has been a mess. I get a white screen sometimes, sometimes i cant navigate the menu to close or go to settings. The only way to fix it is to do a battery pull. I would say on a normal day i need to do a battery pull up to 5 times bc of opera mini problems. Any advice?
    As I stated, the final release has now been updated to fix some of the bugs. Freezing, cursor lag etc.

Try the updated version.
    03-30-10 01:09 PM
    I did. I tried the version they had this morning for download. Same freezing issues.
    03-30-10 01:14 PM
    I did. I tried the version they had this morning for download. Same freezing issues.
    It's working for me. Only thing I could think of is to delete Opera first, let the BB reboot then install the new version. That's all I did and it fixed the freezing.

Other than that, I'm all out of ideas.
    03-30-10 01:33 PM
    It's working for me. Only thing I could think of is to delete Opera first, let the BB reboot then install the new version. That's all I did and it fixed the freezing.

Other than that, I'm all out of ideas.
    Thanks, I will try that. I have been deleted it, then re installing it then rebooting.
    03-30-10 01:37 PM
    idk how to send it but email me at [email protected] and ill send it to u

04-18-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD