Is it possible to receive both my personal and work email through my blackberry but also keep them seperate? Personal email is gmail while work email is through an exchange server. Phone is provided by work, what will they be able to see?
    06-17-08 01:22 PM
    I don't think it's possible if you are using BES. If I am not mistaken, with BES, there is no way to separate email inboxes.
    06-17-08 01:31 PM
    I am recieving both my personal email through gmail and work email through MS exchange server from work. all i did was set up my email on my Bb to work and downloaded Gmail Mobile
    to get my gmail.
    06-17-08 01:40 PM
    same here - I have 3 personal email accounts and 1 work email account all in separate folders/icons. (I'm using BIS from AT&T)
    06-17-08 01:52 PM
    Hello people!
    I have the same problem -- I don't have a work email icon/folder so my messages folder lists both yahoo and my work email.

How can I separate them? I already have the yahoo icon. How do I add a work email icon where only emails from there are kept?

Thank you in advance
    06-17-08 02:44 PM
    I am using BIS to pull email from OWA (work) my own domain (personal) when I click menu button I see both mail boxes. Noramlly they are hidden and I forgot how to unhide them.
    06-17-08 03:01 PM
    Yes, you can view work and personal email seperately on your BB..

I have my MS Exchange email setup in one account, and my Yahoo! mail in another...

I use BIS, and that sets up individual mailboxes on my device for each account. By default, they both also flow into a catchall "messages" folder, however I hide that one --- and then use the separate icons to track both accounts on their own.

You can also setup convenience keys for 1 touch access to each account, and change the audible alert tones in your profiles to make unique sounds for each different mail account.

Hope this helps!
    06-17-08 03:05 PM
    Firesource
    That''s exactly what I want but how do I do it. What's BIS?

Thank you!!!!
    06-17-08 03:19 PM
    BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service. It's actually the online interface you would use to setup and manage email on your Blackberry --- provided you are not using a device on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server).

Do you work for a large company that has an IT staff that manages your device? If so, chances are your device is managed on a BES.

Do you work for a smaller company that hosts its own mail or are you an individual that has a BB and also wants to check your POP3 work email account on your own? If so, chances are you would be using BIS to setup your mail.

If you use BIS, you are in the same boat I am in --- and my earlier post would apply. If you are on BES, sorry --- I can't confirm that is how things will work.

Good luck!!

If you need any other help, PIN me and I'll try to help.

Bill
    Firesource
    06-17-08 03:24 PM
    Empower BES MailBox - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

It kind of sucks that you have to buy 3rd party software, but this is the only way I know of that you can do it.

EDIT: And now that I'm looking at it, it says it's only compatible with the 8300 and the 8330. Sorry.
    06-17-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD