So I finally got QuickLaunch today. The interface it great and the functionality is amazing. But not all the programs I want show up or function correctly. I can't add the 'Clock' or 'SMS and MMS' and I can't get any of the 'Media' links work either. Did I miss something in the setup or is it an issue with OS 5 not being 'fully' finished? Ideas?
    03-17-10 10:54 PM
    Edit:
    I am only referring to the inability to add Clock...haven't even tried media or sms/mms...

-------------------

Same problem here on the Tour 9630, Sprint...but only since device upgrade to 5...

LOVING OS 5, though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sking1001; 04-06-10 at 08:42 PM.
    04-06-10 06:12 PM
    RIM has locked the clock feature down where it can't be touched by devs. As far as the media and sms/mms, they have been working fine for me. Don't know what to tell you.

04-06-10 07:41 PM
    My sms feature works on my 9700. I noticed the clock feature can't be put into the QL menu though.

04-06-10 07:51 PM
    I don't get the clock 'thing'. I have read that other places, but I can still call it up with ShortcutMe and in my custom themes I've made. So it can be done. The media commands, you go to the media folder and then open the icon, why not just call them up directly?

Why can't these commands be used?
    "x-exec://net_rim_bb_file_explorer.Pictures"
    "x-exec://net_rim_bb_file_explorer.Music"
    "x-exec://net_rim_bb_clock.net_rim_bb_clock"

I mean if something as basic as a theme can call up these commands why not an app?

RIM has locked the clock feature down where it can't be touched by devs. As far as the media and sms/mms, they have been working fine for me. Don't know what to tell you.

04-07-10 12:06 PM
    I don't get the clock 'thing'. I have read that other places, but I can still call it up with ShortcutMe and in my custom themes I've made. So it can be done. The media commands, you go to the media folder and then open the icon, why not just call them up directly?

I mean if something as basic as a theme can call up these commands why not an app?
    That I can not answer. I know that on my 9700, when I go to launch my media-pictures,media-ringtones, they launch each folder not just the media file folder. As far as the clock goes, I don't know. I'm just going off of what I've read on here and been told by devs. Maybe it's because the theme builder is limited to themes only and when a dev develops an app, RIM only allows access to certain things.

04-07-10 12:50 PM
    RIM just does some odd things sometimes.
    04-07-10 01:01 PM
    Agreed. RIM is slowly losing their share of the personal smart phone market by doing the things they do. I know it drives the devs crazy that they are handcuffed by RIM, when Droid powered phones are wide open and they could develop anything that they could imagine.

04-07-10 01:04 PM
    So I finally got QuickLaunch today. The interface it great and the functionality is amazing. But not all the programs I want show up or function correctly. I can't add the 'Clock' or 'SMS and MMS' and I can't get any of the 'Media' links work either. Did I miss something in the setup or is it an issue with OS 5 not being 'fully' finished? Ideas?
    if the media isn't working for you then you downloaded the wrong version for your phone. see the faq on nikkisoft.com
    04-08-10 11:11 AM

what os do you have?
    04-08-10 11:21 AM
    what os do you have?
    Currently running 5.0.0.554

Tried reinstalling and resetting all permissions still no luck.
    Last edited by ghbrumbaugh; 04-08-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-08-10 11:32 AM
    i'm referring to the clock. you can launch the clock from scm?
    is 554 official or a leak or hybrid?
    04-08-10 11:37 AM
    i'm referring to the clock. you can launch the clock from scm?
    is 554 official or a leak or hybrid?
    No issues launching the clock from SCM on .509 (Official), .554 (Leak), or .592 (Leak)

I'm open to help with any testing you would want to do.
    04-08-10 11:49 AM
    interesting. ges they figured out a hack for that i havent been able to do yet.
    04-08-10 11:50 AM
    No issues launching the clock from SCM on .509 (Official), .554 (Leak), or .592 (Leak)

That would be awesome to get QL working with the clock in OS 5. I had SCM installed for about 5 minutes. QL is so much more professional...great product, Cheetah!
    04-08-10 11:52 AM

email me now at nikkisoft dot support G mail.
    04-08-10 12:51 PM
    That would be awesome to get QL working with the clock in OS 5. I had SCM installed for about 5 minutes. QL is so much more professional...great product, Cheetah!
    email me at above address
    04-08-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD