Well everyone I've been researching this problem all day, and I've tried every fix on these forums that I've found... Let's see if I can remember all of the facts.

1. Windows Device Manager doesn't detect anything
    2. Doesn't show in "My Computer"
    3. Tried with Desktop Manager 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0.1
    4. In Desktop Manager, the PIN shows "None" and the phone is not detected
    5. The phone CHARGES, but refuses to show up anywhere.
    6. The RIM provided fix does not run, it get's stuck on "Connecting to bootrom"
    7. The makeshift RIM fix that someone provided "BB Activation New (or something close to that) also gets stuck on the same step.

That's all I can remember for now, I've searched the forums all day long since I got this thing to no avail. If you guys need anything else let me know.
    03-17-10 10:15 PM
    What OS are you running? Any new apps installed? Have you done a battery pull?
    03-17-10 10:19 PM
    Running .320. No new apps installed, everything fresh out of the box. Tried a battery pull 3 seperate times along with computer reboots.
    03-17-10 10:46 PM
    Do a battery pull and a computer reboot...it should work.
    03-18-10 01:42 AM
    Do a battery pull and a computer reboot...it should work.
    Except for the fact that he already said he tried that and it didn't work.
    03-18-10 06:21 AM
    ^^^Huh, I'm not seeing where he said that. A computer reboot usually does the trick for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 07:18 AM
    Well everyone I've been researching this problem all day, and I've tried every fix on these forums that I've found... Let's see if I can remember all of the facts.

1. Windows Device Manager doesn't detect anything
    2. Doesn't show in "My Computer"
    3. Tried with Desktop Manager 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0.1
    4. In Desktop Manager, the PIN shows "None" and the phone is not detected
    5. The phone CHARGES, but refuses to show up anywhere.
    6. The RIM provided fix does not run, it get's stuck on "Connecting to bootrom"
    7. The makeshift RIM fix that someone provided "BB Activation New (or something close to that) also gets stuck on the same step.

That's all I can remember for now, I've searched the forums all day long since I got this thing to no avail. If you guys need anything else let me know.
    I've always found with this problem that if you go into Control Panel/Device Manager and uninstall the device and any other devices that are showing the yellow ! then do a scan for hardware changes that this problem goes away. I think what happens is an incomplete install of the drivers happens the first time. I have also had to do this after and OS upgrade or an upgrade to desktop manager.

Hope this helps.
    Mike
    03-18-10 08:18 AM
    Had the same issue. I reinstalled DM and all was good after that

03-18-10 08:34 AM
    I've always found with this problem that if you go into Control Panel/Device Manager and uninstall the device and any other devices that are showing the yellow ! then do a scan for hardware changes that this problem goes away. I think what happens is an incomplete install of the drivers happens the first time. I have also had to do this after and OS upgrade or an upgrade to desktop manager.

Hope this helps.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike, but the storm doesn't even show up in windows device manager. And I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers through add/remove programs
    And robd, I've tried that 3 times to no avail.

03-18-10 01:56 PM
    Thanks Mike, but the storm doesn't even show up in windows device manager. And I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers through add/remove programs
    And robd, I've tried that 3 times to no avail.

Have you tried a different USB cable and a different USB port?

Mike
    03-18-10 02:05 PM
    also check the systray - make sure there are NO apps running for the bb. I found that some screw up if already running.

also, try differnt USB ports (like try one in the back) - dont use any external ports (like on your keyboard etc)
    03-18-10 02:39 PM
    Are you using Windows 7 or another 64bit Windows build? If so, this tip might help:

Desktop Manager and Windows 7 - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    03-18-10 02:56 PM
    Have you tried a different USB cable and a different USB port?

Mike
    Tried an old cord I found laying around that was for my motorola cliq, the one I had from the t-mobile store didn't work, but this one does. Thanks everyone, sorry for not trying this sooner I forgot I had another cord.
    03-18-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD