I was hoping to make this my 100th post, but the site wouldn't let me...

Item Description : Unlocked BlackBerry 8900 (Originally on TMO)
    Price : 200
    Rate it : 9/10 Phone - 6.5/10 Battery Cover
    What it comes with : Phone, battery, battery cover, wall charger, data cable.
    Item location : St Paul, MN
    Shipping Details : Lower 48 only
    Payment Options : Cash, Coins, or PayPal.
    Contact Info : budkleppe (at) gmail (dot) com or PM me.

Any additional info: This is a refurbished phone that I received from TMO before I got my 9700. I thought there was an issue when I first got it, but it turns out, the battery was too low to power up the phone for the first time. I've loaded 5.0.0.509 and it works perfectly. I've been using it to stream pandora over my radio in my office without the SIM card in it, using just the wifi.

About the condition. The phone itself looks brand new, I've cut the tab off the screen protector that it shipped with, but I can remove it all together if you would like. The battery cover is from my original 8900 that I bought a year ago, so it's a little scuffed up here and there.

Ideally, I'd keep this as a backup but my wife is on me about having too many BlackBerry's laying around.

I'll ship it once payment has cleared. Or you can always come pick it up if you are local.

Last edited by StPaulGuRu; 03-17-10 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Whoops, forgot to load photos.
    03-17-10 09:12 PM
    Do you have feedback on here?
    03-17-10 09:30 PM
    No, I do not. I'm ZeGuru on LXForums.com or you can check me out on twitter at @STPBud or my company website at Saint Paul Home Realty - An Urban Boutique - Serving St Paul and beyond!
    03-17-10 09:47 PM
    Still for sale
    03-19-10 01:11 PM
    Flexible on the price? Ship to Canada?
    03-19-10 02:43 PM
    Hi, would you do 125 shipped to Ca, respond to my email [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 02:46 PM
    Sorry, lower 48 only. I know, Minnesota is practically Canada but I've heard nothing but horror stories trying to get goods across.
    03-19-10 02:47 PM
    Sorry, lower 48 only. I know, Minnesota is practically Canada but I've heard nothing but horror stories trying to get goods across.
    Really? All my stuff from the states go through good.
    03-19-10 04:30 PM
    Yes, the other forum (non-phone) I'm on it's always an issue and causes bad blood between the parties involved. I don't want to go down that road.

Plus, what would I do with Canadian money?
    03-19-10 04:47 PM
    Yes, the other forum (non-phone) I'm on it's always an issue and causes bad blood between the parties involved. I don't want to go down that road.

Plus, what would I do with Canadian money?
    You must have terrible luck. Also, you can send money via paypal in any currency lol.
    03-19-10 05:42 PM
    Why only shipping to the lower 48? Here's a quote directly from eBay's Q&A:

1) Does it cost more to ship to Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico?

The answer is a qualified "no". IF you are using USPS and IF you don't live in certain central parts of the US, the cost is no different than shipping to the opposite side of the country. If you live in Pennsylvania it is zone 8 to California and also zone 8 to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico (and Guam, US Virgin Islands, and other US territories.) The Priority mail cost is the same.

If you are using UPS or FedEx the cost may be substantially higher to ship outside the contiguous US. Those carriers do now offer ground service to Alaska and Hawaii, but it does cost more. USPS is recommended as an alternative for those locations as the rate is much more reasonable.

I realize it's up to the seller to make this stipulation (lower 48) but it cost the same as stated above, unless you were going to use UPS or FedEx.

I was interested in your phone but I guess I don't meet your requirments.
    03-19-10 07:35 PM
    120 shipped to NYC? PM me back, thanks!
    03-19-10 07:53 PM
    You must have terrible luck. Also, you can send money via paypal in any currency lol.
    I know I can sell across the border, just poking fun at my Northern neighbors.

FYI. I'm pretty firm on the price. Maybe I'm living in some time warp, but I don't plan on giving this phone away.
    03-19-10 07:59 PM
    Why only shipping to the lower 48? Here's a quote directly from eBay's Q&A:

1) Does it cost more to ship to Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico?

The answer is a qualified "no". IF you are using USPS and IF you don't live in certain central parts of the US, the cost is no different than shipping to the opposite side of the country. If you live in Pennsylvania it is zone 8 to California and also zone 8 to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico (and Guam, US Virgin Islands, and other US territories.) The Priority mail cost is the same.

If you are using UPS or FedEx the cost may be substantially higher to ship outside the contiguous US. Those carriers do now offer ground service to Alaska and Hawaii, but it does cost more. USPS is recommended as an alternative for those locations as the rate is much more reasonable.

I realize it's up to the seller to make this stipulation (lower 48) but it cost the same as stated above, unless you were going to use UPS or FedEx.

I was interested in your phone but I guess I don't meet your requirments.
    You know the saying, Money talks, and .... Well I'm not going to finish that sentence
    03-19-10 08:14 PM
    Almost had her sold today, but the buyer no-showed.

Anyway, when I was doing one final wipe of the device, I forgot how much easier it is to type on the 8900 compared to the 9700. If the Curve had a trackpad, I wouldn't be selling it.
    Last edited by StPaulGuRu; 03-21-10 at 08:28 PM.
    03-21-10 08:26 PM
    $180 firm.
    03-30-10 11:47 PM
    Canada is definitely the safest international destination, just make sure you ship with some sort of tracking. There's no reason to exclude Alaska and Hawaii if using USPS because it's all processed the same way. I understand your apprehensive attitude towards international shipping, because I got burned severely recently.

This is strictly my opinion, but posting (What I consider to be) lowball offers in a thread is disrespectful. At the very least, I expect that potential buyers send me an email.
    03-31-10 10:09 PM
    OK, I'll sell to someone in Canada, but they have to meet me at the border, LOL.

As for low-balling in a fs thread... Yeah, what do you do - some people's chilrden, lol!
    03-31-10 10:13 PM
    Possibly sold - stay tuned.
    03-31-10 11:23 PM
    SOLD!

Thanks dfnp
    04-09-10 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD