wow i know what it means, that there is a limit of 10mb per email but c'mon, i thought blackberry phones where king when it comes to emailing, i transfered from a iphone to a 9700 thinking it would be able to handle all types of emails and i get this error?? Thats really sad, imagine in the corporate world and an excutive gets an important email but it says "message truncated due to size" hahaha omg RIM is hilarioussss ... oh and when i had the university exchange email on the iphone, i was able to look up any student email through the exchange contacts and got every contact and calendars synced perfectly... i was starting to like the blackberry up until this point...by the way i put the sim in my old unlocked iphone and whataya know, the email was recieved flawslessly... i think that sim might stay in there for a while...
    03-17-10 09:03 PM
    There are frustrating limits to BIS and message truncated is one of those however for me it happens that rarely with anything I need instantly that I'm happy to have the stability and power of the BB and trade the occasional truncated email.

If you are happier with your sim in the iPhone then good luck, everyone has different preferences and whatever makes you happy is good.
    03-18-10 07:48 AM
    I wish we could get at least 5mb files...being in architecture dwg files aren't small...it's a bummer, but I can work around it.....most of the time.
    03-18-10 07:52 AM
    It sounds like you are blaming RIM/Blackberry. These data restrictions are placed on your service by your carrier. I am glad they do as sending LARGE files just sucks up the bandwidth and degrades the network for all of us.

Don't be so selfish and use you computer!
    03-18-10 09:40 AM
    It sounds like you are blaming RIM/Blackberry. These data restrictions are placed on your service by your carrier. I am glad they do as sending LARGE files just sucks up the bandwidth and degrades the network for all of us.

I never had restrictions this much with winmobile that's why I wonder if it is a BIS vs BES issue.....
    Kind of hard to find a computer on a jobsite sometimes...
    Like I said I work around it....
    03-18-10 09:43 AM
    It is BIS vs BES.

If it were carrier specific we would at least receive the text of the email wouldn't we? I mean it is the attachment that puts it over this limit..

Also, if it works for the same email using a different phone on the same network, that also eliminates the carrier putting focus onto RIM

I would write more about what I really feel about this limitation, but I might get truncated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 05:52 AM

you're wrong that restriction is BIS placed by RIM since the files have to go through there gateways and firewalls. any other phone on a carrier is not restricted to the 2.5mb limit so to stay he's being greedy when you yourself are on AT&T and all iphone users cause eat up as much bandwidth as they want is crazy.
    04-08-10 09:05 AM
    I don't care whether its a carrier limitation or by RIM, its dumb, eslevially when you can listen for streaming music and watch video. How much data does that take up? At least make it so you can forward the truncated message to gmail, then you can use googles app or the browser to download attachments. The forward function on the BIS page has the option to forward messages to another account.

04-18-10 04:33 PM
    Not sure how it works up North, but is this done to prevent high bandwidth fees? Perhaps this should be set by the user, like how we don't or want to subscribe to a website.

I can see users, BIS or not, want to say, limit their kids data activity as not to get an insane bill at the end of the month.

But agreed, there should be away around this.
    04-18-10 05:21 PM
    I think the work around is gmail, like someone does above, maybe set anything with attachment to forward to gmail so you can use the gmail app to get the attachment, or use gmail as your primary address

04-18-10 06:29 PM
    Well look on the bright side, at least we can send songs through BBM. Isn't that great! OK...Nvm.
    04-18-10 07:12 PM
    I have the same issue, however, one phone (Curve) receives email fine. The other phone (Tour) displays the same 3-word email as a truncated message.

What's up with that?
    05-10-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD