My apologies if this is discussed somewhere else, I looked, couldnt find it. So does anybody know of an easy way to sync my contacts FROM my blackberry TO my gmail contacts? I have google sync on my phone, but that only messed up my contacts by dumping a bunch of duplicates into my BB contacts and it doesnt seem to reverse sync. I have since deleted my gmail contacts so I dont suffer this fate again, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to reverse sync from BB to gmail ... any help would be much appreciated!
    03-17-10 12:55 PM
    GoogleSync is how you do it... it will copy those from your device to Google's Contacts... if they are duplicates then you might need stop the sync, merge them and then start sync again... if GoogleSync thinks it has two different contacts it will try to make two... if you do what I said above it should fix it... at least that is how I fixed mine... make a backup file with DM before you try this.
    03-17-10 01:24 PM
    I've tried GoogleSync & it has only been trouble. It may seem tedious but this is what I do:
    Sync my BB contacts with Outlook.
    Export my contacts from Outlook onto PC as a pst file or csv file.
    Import the file to Gmail.

There should be an easier way but haven't found one yet. But this is what works for me. Hope that helps.
    03-17-10 01:37 PM
    If you use ThunderBird as your mail client, you can download the Zindus addon for Thunderbird.

Then using GoogleSync, your contacts will be the same on your mail client as well as your BB.
    03-17-10 01:44 PM
    What about the Contact sync built right into BIS? Is that one no good? (I've never used it)
    03-17-10 02:04 PM
    I use contact sync in BIS .. and it works perfectly for me..
    03-17-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD