View Poll Results: Would you use Cardstar program?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would use this all the time

44 72.13%
  • I would use this when I remembered

10 16.39%
  • I don't use those store cards

4 6.56%
  • Who has time to pull out your phone and find the card?

3 4.92%
    Just saw this on the first page: http://crackberry.com/cardstar-app-b...coming-may-1st
    I can't wait! I am so tired of carrying those cards around, I can never find them, and then the ones that are on my keychain never work because they get dirty and worn out.
    I hope they really do come out with this on May 1st!!!

For those of you who have used this app with the iphone, how does it work? Are there times when the barcode won't scan? Do you assign the cardstar to a convenience key to make it easier to get to? Any tips on using it?
    Thanks!
    03-17-10 11:44 AM
    This would be real nice.
    03-17-10 11:48 AM
    i'm sure the gym would appreciate this so they don't have to keep replacing itas that's the only keychain one I have because they don't have a card-card one to put in my wallet, which I hate carrying around too, so ya this would be nice.
    03-17-10 11:52 AM
    There's a simlar app for the Android OS. I've been wanting an app like this ever since I saw that. Looking forward to the release...
    03-17-10 12:45 PM
    about time since the google phones already have this app..now i'm not as jealous lol
    03-17-10 01:49 PM
    Sounds like a great app . . will download it when available. I'm already worried about handing my BB to grocery store cashier and watching him/her drag it across the bar code scanner . . . . .yikes!!
    03-17-10 01:51 PM
    Sounds like a great app . . will download it when available. I'm already worried about handing my BB to grocery store cashier and watching him/her drag it across the bar code scanner . . . . .yikes!!
    That's true, but most places have those hand held scanners, or you could use the self-check out, or just look for some nerdy cashier who would probably know not to rub the phone against the scanner over and over.
    03-17-10 03:55 PM
    waiting on release of this app hope its still May 1st.
    04-30-10 06:47 AM
    "Monk" with a massive OCD!

I don't think people are ignorant enough to actually physically rub the phone against a scanner. That much credit I give, but then I could be the ignorant one.

But... To be a bit graphic to get my point across, I cannot stand the thought of anyone else holding my BB except for close family members or friends, in which I play a 2 person game with. Who knows when these clerks were picking their nose, scratching their rear end & crotch, or not washing their hands after using the restroom. Not to mention they are continuously handling one of the filthiest things on this earth. Cash Money passed from hand to hand! Ugh.

I would have to have TOTAL control over my BB, and swipe it myself! The scanner is just 2 feet away. I just keep in mind that I have to hold that device against my face for calls all day long. lol.

I am waiting for this app as well for all of the reasons previously posted. I hope it works well.
    04-30-10 07:15 AM
    I'm anxiously awaiting the release as well. However it doesn't look like it will be tomorrow.

Might not be exactly May 1st but its up and coming very shortly!
    From the CardStar twitter acct... CardStar, Inc. (MyCardStar) on Twitter
    04-30-10 08:54 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting the release as well. However it doesn't look like it will be tomorrow.

From the CardStar twitter acct... CardStar, Inc. (MyCardStar) on Twitter
    I agree...looking forward to it though.
    04-30-10 09:22 PM
    I wrote cardstar an E-mail and they got back to me!

told me there updating there website come Monday and to expect Cardstar for Blackberry and android phones this week!

Bring it on! I can't wait!
    05-01-10 03:04 PM
    Good news mjbesen! Thanks for the update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 03:17 PM
    from twitter this morning....

Note to all: #CardStar for #Blackberry & #Android is set to release this week!!! Once live you can download CardStar thru mycardstar.com
    about 3 hours ago via web
    05-03-10 10:34 AM
    Cannot wait
    05-03-10 11:01 AM
    wooooohooooo!!!!! they have released it!
    05-04-10 08:05 AM
    3.6megs is a bit to big for this type of app....i'll pass for now until I get a 9650 or if I go EVO.
    05-04-10 10:27 AM
    That's freakin huge for an app that basically just shows a black and white picture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 10:43 AM
    Has anyone used it yet? I have not tried it at a checkout. However, I can't get any code to look like the ones on the cards. I tried all the advanced options.

Hope it works anyway.
    05-04-10 10:49 AM
    I got some of my cards imputed. I need to get the rest from home. I have so many that I only carry the ones I use often which is why I've been anxiously awaiting this application.

So far so good though, I think the reason for the size is there is other information built into it, if you hit the menu button it give you an option for info when on a particular "card"
    05-04-10 11:59 AM
    I can't get any code to look like the ones on the cards.
    I too have noticed this. For me, the only vendor on CardStar that matches the physical card is Blockbuster.
    05-04-10 12:04 PM
    I too have noticed this. For me, the only vendor on CardStar that matches the physical card is Blockbuster.
    in the options, click "show barcode". I also had an issue with inputting cards so that after I added 10 of them, only 8 would show up. I did a "Quickpull" and upon reboot, all 10 showed up.
    05-04-10 01:18 PM
    in the options, click "show barcode". I also had an issue with inputting cards so that after I added 10 of them, only 8 would show up. I did a "Quickpull" and upon reboot, all 10 showed up.
    All of my bar codes show up. However, when comparing them to the original bar code on the physical card, it does not match the bar code displayed by CardStar.
    05-04-10 01:24 PM
    Has anyone had a successful scan at retail yet?
    05-04-10 01:28 PM
    do you enter the Membership ID#? or the numbers below the barcode?

like my Best Buy card, has a membership ID# and a code underneath the barcode? which one do I type in??
    05-04-10 01:49 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD