The phone seems to be draining the battery by about 5% every 10 minutes or so. It has a hard to time charging and the phones gets hot just sitting there doing nothing. Any solutions out there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:30 PM
    First thing I would do is hold down the Blackberry button and see what is running. I would do this first before I do a battery pull because the battery pull will shut down things that are running. If something unusual is running make a note and attempt to stop it. Either way do a battery pull and see what happens.

If you already did a battery pull I am fresh out of ideas.
    03-16-10 10:42 PM
    normally the build deals with the memory and battery drains. i would suggest a new os. hopefully your battery isnt defective. also try some settings that will lower the usage of memory and battery usage. backlight etc.......

03-16-10 10:43 PM
    If you are in the area where it uses both 2G and 3G, I'd suggest switch your network mode to 2G. This saves a lot of battery. I did this last week and now once I charge my phone, it runs for about 3 days (given that I am a moderate user, mainly deal with emails and facebook). Give this a shot and see if it works for you. If you are thinking browsing speed wise, well to load a basic webpage you will hardly see any difference between 2G and 3G but you will experience big difference while playing videos on youtube.
    03-17-10 12:46 AM
    All the advice above.

Be sure WiFi is turned off unless you are using it. Same thing with bluetooth.
    If you are in a weak covered area and ur phone is constantly switching between 2G and 3G then switch off to only 2G.
    Be sure no apps are running in the background.
    03-17-10 09:16 AM
    Can't say for sure with the information given, but it sounds like a simple case of a dead battery. No battery drains that quickly no matter how many apps you are running, and certainly not because of wifi or 2G/3G switching.
    03-17-10 09:36 AM
    when have u purchased the bb?? if u have got a old battery..i guess u shld b changing ur battery if nothing of the above solutions work!!
    03-17-10 02:54 PM
    Can't say for sure with the information given, but it sounds like a simple case of a dead battery. No battery drains that quickly no matter how many apps you are running, and certainly not because of wifi or 2G/3G switching.
    The 9000's 3G radio drains battery like crazy in comparison to 2G, especially on long phone calls.

Certain OS had poor build quality and would drain the battery also. For instance, .411 I found to drain my battery in half a day. Same battery and on .509, I can last all day and then some.

Then again, I found certain 3rd party themes would drain both my memory and battery. Just delete those crappy themes!

There are too many variables to say for certain it is one thing in particular. I always say to try the cheapest and easiest solution first... Perhaps shelling out $ for a battery would be last on my list.

03-17-10 08:30 PM
    Just turn it to 2G (EDGE) only, turn off the 3G except for when you need/want it, and you will see the phone lasting 983729 hours longer. :P
    03-17-10 09:09 PM
    My girlfriend's 9000 is facing the same problem. The only sure way you can tell that its your battery which is giving problems is to swap your battery with someone else's Blackberry for a day and check the battery drain. That is after you've made sure that its not the other issues listed earlier.

For my gf, its definitely her batt cuz her power was good when she swapped for a day.

Hope this helps!

03-17-10 11:14 PM
    Also use standby mode instead of just keyboard lock. This will make a big difference.

On newer OS5's you can hold down the 'a' key to do this easily.
    03-19-10 11:05 AM
    Also use standby mode instead of just keyboard lock. This will make a big difference.

On newer OS5's you can hold down the 'a' key to do this easily.
    Also if you use the OEM holster or a pocket pouch with a magnet, it will go into standby when placed in the holster or pouch.
    03-19-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD