There is a new version of Opera Mini 5 for all you CB-ers. So far it's clean and lean... no problems or hang ups. Go to m.opera.com with your bb browser (for those that don't know how to download over-the-air)
    03-16-10 02:12 AM
    Thanks! It's leaner and meaner for sure!
    03-16-10 02:16 AM
    Wow. Ok. After playing around a little more I can report that YOU MUST RIGHT THE FREAK NOW GET THIS UPDATE!!!! All I can say is this is what a mobile browser should be acting like. No more beta errors. This is GREAT! Go. Now. To m.opera.com. And no they didn't pay me to say that. Best browser for the Storm HANDS DOWN.
    03-16-10 02:31 AM
    Doesn't work for me. Deleted and retried three times. Uncaught java exception every time. Tried downloading from BB browser and mini beta. Am I the only one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 03:18 AM
    First off don't try to download with the mini beta browser. It won't work that way. Second, you may have to delete the mini beta browser. I had no issues with that however so take the second as a suggestion only. I also must add I am using OS 5.0.0.320 (the official verizon version) that may have an effect if you're using one of the hybrids or leaks
    03-16-10 03:22 AM
    Ok. That worked!

Uninstall the beta before downloading the new version!

03-16-10 03:42 AM
    Been using it for a couple of hours and its really smooth. This is a MUST update. Works great on the S2

03-16-10 04:03 AM
    There is a new version of Opera Mini 5 for all you CB-ers. So far it's clean and lean... no problems or hang ups. Go to m.opera.com with your bb browser (for those that don't know how to download over-the-air)
    Nice find! Going to grab it now. Thanks!

Kat
    03-16-10 04:05 AM
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Much better than the beta! I am happy. I remember not even a week ago people were complaining that this has been in beta too long.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 03-16-10 at 04:27 AM.
    03-16-10 04:15 AM
    So I wake up at 430 in the morning with a horrible upset stomach. Decided to cruise the forums and found this thread. I quickly hopped over to opera and downloaded it. I am loving it. Faster loading speed than the beta and not buggy at all. Running .320 on my 9550 and did not delete the beta first. I just went to it in the BB browser. Now I have something that will make me feel better at least.

03-16-10 04:25 AM
    I see this a storm thread but has anyone else dl'd this onto their bb other than a storm? Looks nice but scrolling to the right is not very responsive on my tour. Nor will box jump to the right when pressing 6 on the keypad. Makes me miss the beta version I had previously.

Also, can anyone tell me how to delete and/or change the preinstalled bookmarks? I can't for the life of me figure it out! Thanks!

03-16-10 04:26 AM
    I know for the storm you hover over the icon and a drop down appears. Also wanted to just add that it has landscape support.

03-16-10 04:31 AM
    One question, what is the socket connection?

03-16-10 04:38 AM
    Downloaded, installed and it's outstanding. Seems to be working very well, and I haven't experienced any problems yet. I really like the fact that it prompts you to save passwords. Currently using lyricidal's .536 hybrid.
    03-16-10 05:43 AM
    If you don't delete the beta (like I didn't) before dl'ing the new one you might end up with both versions on your app list. I just deleted the beta, restarted and it is nice! Thanks OP.
    03-16-10 05:51 AM
    SWEET! downloading now.
    03-16-10 05:56 AM
    Haha!!! I just downloaded the Beta at like 0100 this morning! I mustve just barely missed the. Please of the non-Beta version. Oh well.

03-16-10 07:16 AM
    anyone notice that when Fullscreen mode is ON, the back arrow is missing? Looks like now you have to cilck the BB Menu button to bring up the entire toolbar. anybody figure out a way to get back just the back/zoom out button on the bottom left corner?
    03-16-10 07:19 AM
    So this also replaces Opera Mini 5 beta 2? Looks very similar so I'm thinking yes. Is there an easy way to get my bookmarks and dial pad settings to transfer from the beta 2 to the released version? I don't have Opera on my home computer to bring bookmarks over.
    03-16-10 07:20 AM
    Downloaded it this morning and there is a big difference in the final version and the beta. Nice and clean looking and seems a little faster....
    03-16-10 07:45 AM
    I'm downloading it now thanks!
    03-16-10 07:45 AM
    anyone notice that when Fullscreen mode is ON, the back arrow is missing? Looks like now you have to cilck the BB Menu button to bring up the entire toolbar. anybody figure out a way to get back just the back/zoom out button on the bottom left corner?
    It's been my experience that full screen means no menu bar at the bottom. I think this is how it's supposed to function.

But from your description sounds like you used a version that would at least show the back arrow? I was on Opera Mini 5 beta 2 and didn't see this in that version.

I think this is how they intended for it to work (fullscreen = no menu at the bottom).
    03-16-10 07:51 AM
    While it seems like everything is smooth so far, I have found one area that seems a little glitchy. When using OM to open a download link in the native browser, after downloading the native browser closes and takes you back to OM, then it lags and freezes, at least on mine around 5-10 seconds before it will let you do anything, other than that, I love it.
    03-16-10 07:57 AM
    Work great of the S1.
    03-16-10 07:57 AM
    This is awesome. The only problem is that I'm rebooting my phone right now and I can't go and download it. I'm kind of anxious.
    03-16-10 07:58 AM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD