So i guess i need some help on what i need to do?

I bought a pink housing and pink trackball from Truesupplier on Feb. 11, 2010. I was given a tracking number and was excited to get my housing I have been wanting one since I got my Bold 9000. So I went of vacation, and when I got back it was finally here (3.16.10), yes it took that long. Got home and the screen that I got was so scratched up that you could barely see out of it. The top of the keyboard sticks out so the blackberry button and the back button don't work all the time.

The trackball that I got didn't even work! I just really upset cause I got it all put back together and cant hardly use my BB. Im not really sure what I need to do.

I talked to Rita on their live chat, and she wants me to send her pictures of the housing and the trackball so that she can see the problem. But I don't see how taking a picture is going to show her or them the problem? They said that they would send me out another after I sent them pictures. And I would then have to pay for shipping again.

Then if they find that there is nothing wrong the housing or the trackball I have to pay more money for the items that were reshipped to me. grrr

Please HELP !
    03-16-10 12:31 AM
    That stinks! Sorry to hear about your experience! I recently bought a housing from them and while I've been very impressed with the overall fit and finish, I had to pry the charging contacts out of my old bezel and jam them into this one because the ones in the new bezel didn't conduct. I thought my replacement lens was all scratched up too, but the realized there was a thin film stuck to each side of it for protection. Under that the lens is beautiful. It took mine a similarly long time to arrive, but I think theirs was the site that said they'd be out for two week celebrating the Chinese new year. So all in all I can't complain. $30 and my Bold is looking like new only the battery door doesn't creak like it used to. I sure hope they make good by you and at least get you acceptable parts. Guess I'm lucky I didn't have to deal with their customer support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 01:22 AM
    Wow thanks for the heads up on that low quality products site. Function should always trump looks, no matter how well it looks. I was thinking of changing the stock look too, I guess ill just order from cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 03:08 AM
    I Never Had A Problem With That Site Besides How Long Shipping Takes. Everything Works Fine And Looks Fine To Me.
    03-16-10 09:13 AM
    Well after getting upset with the girl on the live chat, I closed it and just told them to forget it that I would keep the crappy stuff, but would make sure lots of people knew how bad there products were. And a few hours later I got an email saying :

"Would you pls let me know what we do will make you happy?
    I'm sincere to say,we really don't want to make any of our customers unhappy.
    We will try our best to resolve the problem for you kindly and make you happy."

I didn't see the email until this morning, and there was another email from I guess a manager or something but this is what he said :

"I'm really apologize for all the inconvenience it caused to you.
    Pls forgot all the unhappy things.
    We are pleased to reship a trackball and a pink keypad to you at once.
    And you can keep the old ones yourself.
    Is that ok?
    I'm really appreciated if you can reply me soon."

So I told them fine that they could do that but I wasn't going to pay for anything.

Lesson learned... cheap from another country is not always best. I will look around and fine a better one, or doing the colorware thing.

Thanks!
    03-16-10 01:53 PM
    Well, I'm glad to hear that they made a little more effort with you at least. I hope the new parts are up to snuff. Maybe there's more room for more if the parts are aftermarket and not OEM? As I said, I waited a very long time for parts, and I was upset to see that the charging contacts didn't conduct (even though it IS a painted bezel), but I have been very impressed with the parts themselves (in many ways superior to how the phone came new) and the price I paid for everything can't be beaten anyplace I shopped. The included tools was a nice touch as well.

Best of luck, and please keep us posted.
    03-16-10 02:00 PM
    Here is the update:

I got an email late last night after I went to bed from Tim. He asked if I would be ok with them sending me a new pink keyboard and new pink track ball, and I keep the first ones that I got that didn't work.

I told them that was fine but i wasn't going to pay for shipping. So I waited all day and got nothing back, got on there live chat with the same girl and asked for Tim. She told me that he wasn't there and ask what she could help me with and a pasted the email that Tim sent me.

She asked if I was ok with that, told her yes but I wasn't going to pay for more shipping. She said ok what address would you like us to sent it to you. I don't get a tracking this time, which is fine with me.

I still don't plan on buying anything else from them. First experience was bad so I will spend my money else where. Lesson Learned.

Thanks everyone!
    03-16-10 09:53 PM
    I looked into TrueSupplier and sw-box when I was shopping for a housing. I ended up going with sw-box and didn't have any problems. I know it's a pain in the a$$, but I guess that's a risk we take when deciding to purchase from overseas...you just never know what you're gonna get...
    03-23-10 03:44 PM
    Just an update for everyone. They sent me a new keyboard and trackball, and I just got them in the mail a couple of days ago. And the keyboard works great, the trackball is still crap. I guess I have learned my lesson.
    03-28-10 09:33 PM
    Just an update for everyone. They sent me a new keyboard and trackball, and I just got them in the mail a couple of days ago. And the keyboard works great, the trackball is still crap. I guess I have learned my lesson.
    I get all my stuff from Truesuppliers and never had a problem( except for the Chinese New Year thing) when i had to wait an extra week or two for my order. I received weekly updates from Rita regarding my order, and received it in a timely manner, along with some free tools for taking apart my Bold 9000. I've completely "blacked out" my phone through Truesuppliers. No problem.
    04-02-10 11:00 AM
    Most people don't realize that 99% of these replacement parts on all the sites are all cheap 3rd party knockoffs, not original OEM equipment, even if they state they are. True OEM bezels and keyboards wouldn't be available in pink or any other color except white and black for keyboards and chrome for bezels. OEM trackballs would only be black or white. So with that, quality is always going to vary, and basically you get what you pay for. Doesn't matter which site you buy from as they're all using the same suppliers.

As for the screen you got, did you actually check to see that there's a film layer on it that can be peeled off? I purchased a bezel once and it came with a screen that looked like **** like you described, but it was just that protective film that easily peels off and the actual screen was fine.
    04-02-10 11:15 AM
    Truesupplier has been a hit or miss for me. Their 9700 bezel/top cover are top notch. They include EVERYTHING you need(foam pieces and ear mesh). However, I ordered an 8900 bezel and I actually had to sand down 2 notches in order for it to fit correctly.
    04-02-10 12:25 PM
    truesuppliers is ok. i recently purchased a black glossy bezel for my bold and the paint chipped off pretty easily. i emailed them, and they said would send me another bezel free of charge. i haven't received the bezel yet however. lol but they seem nice!
    04-02-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD