Just a quick note to let you all know T-Mobile UK now offer payg bb service to all.
    The plan is �5 a month or �20 for 6 months access so cheaper than orange and their offer

Dave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 05:41 AM
    BB 8520 costs �149.99 plus a �20 topup and comes with 6 months free internet and BB use included. From there �20 for 6 months which is a bargain!
    03-19-10 03:23 PM
    I'm taking advantage of my wife's catalogue to get my 8520. Buy now pay 2011, with T-mobile + 6 months data & BB for �169. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Will.
    03-20-10 08:37 AM
    Sounds like a real bargain.

03-20-10 01:50 PM
    Cheers Glen. One problem here though is that since I ordered it, I've been on here reading until my eye's hurt! Can't wait to start putting it into practice
    03-21-10 07:20 AM
    It's supposed to be delivered today, c'mon Royal Mail. (pacing up and down the kitchen!)
    03-29-10 10:19 AM
    The T-Mobile PAYG MBB services are awesome value for money.

03-29-10 10:27 AM
    Did it arrive Will - let us know your first experiences - it may prove invaluable to others considering the same deal.
    03-30-10 12:45 AM
    Yes, it's arrived! Luckily for me it arrived lunchtime 31st March. I say this because the 6 months free BIS & Internet with T-Mobile is supposed to end midnight 31st. They might still offer it, I'm just saying that's what it said on the info in my box on opening!
    So, fully charged it while reading everything twice! And I still thought that BIS, Wifi and GPRS in uppercase could be achieved just by putting in the sim and booting up. Not so, even though I got a message off BB to say that the phone was now registered. This may be obvious to some, but you have to put some credit on the sim before anything starts I scanned for Network and put in the code and that was that. The rest of the afternoon was spent getting welcome to T-Mobile messages. I sent 'FREE 6 MONTH BB' to 441 to get the 6 month offer. I sent 'Weekend Credit' to 441 so after topping �10 in the week you get �10 free at the weekend. I then wrestled the bloody phone off my son who said "Can I have this one!" that's the effect it had. I'm so pleased I got it, but was wringing my hands for 15mins when I updated the OS to 5.0!
    My gmail took it's time to arrive, but now it's on the phone before the laptop for some reason! Got weatherbug on the theme I'm using and sending pic's to my Facebook is easy. So yeah, one very happy guy here.

Will.
    04-02-10 06:56 AM
    text monthbb to 441 costs 5 quid a month, text 6monthbb to 441 for 6 months bb service 20 quid. the 20 quid 6 months is an awsome deal. just get a tmobile payg sim card and text it
    04-05-10 07:36 PM
    Yes, it's arrived! Luckily for me it arrived lunchtime 31st March. I say this because the 6 months free BIS & Internet with T-Mobile is supposed to end midnight 31st. They might still offer it, I'm just saying that's what it said on the info in my box on opening!
    So, fully charged it while reading everything twice! And I still thought that BIS, Wifi and GPRS in uppercase could be achieved just by putting in the sim and booting up. Not so, even though I got a message off BB to say that the phone was now registered. This may be obvious to some, but you have to put some credit on the sim before anything starts I scanned for Network and put in the code and that was that. The rest of the afternoon was spent getting welcome to T-Mobile messages. I sent 'FREE 6 MONTH BB' to 441 to get the 6 month offer. I sent 'Weekend Credit' to 441 so after topping �10 in the week you get �10 free at the weekend. I then wrestled the bloody phone off my son who said "Can I have this one!" that's the effect it had. I'm so pleased I got it, but was wringing my hands for 15mins when I updated the OS to 5.0!
    My gmail took it's time to arrive, but now it's on the phone before the laptop for some reason! Got weatherbug on the theme I'm using and sending pic's to my Facebook is easy. So yeah, one very happy guy here.

Will.
    Hi will glad to see all went well with you. When you txt bb6month is that full internet use and bis is there any caps on usage like 50mb fair usage policy thanks for your help.

04-16-10 01:46 AM
    Hey mick thomas 1984, that offer I got has a fair usage policy of 1GB per month. That's what the info stuff said in my BB box.

Cheers, Will.
    04-16-10 03:13 AM
    is the offer still on now?
    06-26-10 12:50 PM
    Yes mate, �149 for phone, free �20 accessory voucher. Free texts for life, free internet & mail! Just make sure you don't need GPS, 3.2mp camera with flash.
    This is even better than the deal I got and I was chuffed!

Will.
    06-26-10 02:07 PM
    the problem is i want to be able to get the 6 month blackberry booster to work on my blackberry which is unlocked and from a different network.

does anyone know if i can get this to work and has managed to do it?

apparently the system recognises if the IMEI of the handset to see if its a t mobile pay as u go blackberry when you text 6monthbb to 411, and does not work if it's a handset from another network.

can anyone confirm this?

does anyone know if customer services can add it manually?
    06-26-10 04:05 PM
    Yes mate, �149 for phone, free �20 accessory voucher. Free texts for life, free internet & mail! Just make sure you don't need GPS, 3.2mp camera with flash.
    This is even better than the deal I got and I was chuffed!

Will.
    can you do me a favour please and call t mobile customer services and ask them if the 6 month blackberry booster (6monthbb to 411) will work on an unlocked blackberry from another network?

it's NOT the internet booster, it's the specific blackberry booster i'm interested in.

thanks
    06-26-10 04:08 PM
    I asked this myself and was told that the only way to get the free stuff is to buy the BB 8520 off them. Too bad huh? But the phone/deal is a goodun.

Will.
    06-26-10 04:34 PM
    I asked this myself and was told that the only way to get the free stuff is to buy the BB 8520 off them. Too bad huh? But the phone/deal is a goodun.

Will.
    Damn.. but im not asking to get it free specifically, im willing to pay the �20 for the 6 months service, can you call them and ask if it can be added manually?

BEcause i know you can get the 6 month booster for web which is �20 but the blackberry stuff (mail/bbm) is an extra �20.

Thanks
    06-26-10 04:49 PM
    ... you text the �20 freeweb text sms like you said, and for BB owners it costs another �5 monthly for the BB BBM/Email (BIS) service.
    So, �20 for 6 months + �60 a year for BIS = a total of �100 yearly.
    All this is if you have a BB already that's unlocked or on T-Mobile UK.

Will.
    06-26-10 09:22 PM
    deos payg T-Mobile SIM card work on 3G signal?
    07-14-10 07:26 PM
    The BlackBerry 8520 is not a 3G phone Teddy, I don't know whether the SIM is a 3G one. But in my case I only have 2G & wi-fi on my 8520.

Will.
    07-15-10 04:12 AM
    The BlackBerry 8520 is not a 3G phone Teddy, I don't know whether the SIM is a 3G one. But in my case I only have 2G & wi-fi on my 8520.

Will.
    Yes I know. I am interested in T-mobile for my 9520. Thanks

Actually I am using ORANGE but the service is often out
    07-15-10 07:30 PM
    im planning to get this blackberry curve 8520 on tmobile payg but i need some advice. if i get this phone now , will i still be able to get the 6 months free deal? how do i set up the BIS ? Do i need to give my address? if i get this phone i mainly use it for msn ( idont have those social netwotk accounts ) ,how do i know how much data allowance i have used? thanks
    07-19-10 08:48 AM
    is the offer still on now?
    Does anybody know if any of the offers mentioned above are still on and whether the offer applies to an unlocked non T-Mobile BB?

I did a web chat with a T-Mobile rep this morning and she was really helpful and told me about the PAYG BB �5 per month and that I could use my unlocked BB just by phoning Customer Services and asking for the Booster. She confirmed it was "UNLIMITED internet browsing + 1GB Download a month". I was looking at Orange, but they don't seem very knowledgeable and it seems you have to buy a phone from Them.

The only thing that concerns me is the coverage of T-Mobile in the UK. I have tried their post code search, so I think I should be ok, its just that they used to have a bad reputation as being a bit weak Also their PAYG call rates are a bit pricey compared to Tesco who I use at the moment (but they don't do BB )

Comments appreciated.
    Last edited by harters; 08-05-10 at 12:22 PM.
    08-05-10 04:40 AM
    the problem is i want to be able to get the 6 month blackberry booster to work on my blackberry which is unlocked and from a different network.

does anyone know if i can get this to work and has managed to do it?

apparently the system recognises if the IMEI of the handset to see if its a t mobile pay as u go blackberry when you text 6monthbb to 411, and does not work if it's a handset from another network.

can anyone confirm this?

does anyone know if customer services can add it manually?

LIES

Mine was unlocked from orange it works fine, am still using the free 6 month bb now and it includes interwebs as well
    08-21-10 10:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD