so here is my dilemma my mum is due her upgrade and i have just got the bold 9700 which she said she is thining about getting... She said that she would have mine and i could have her upgrade so what would u guys do stick with the lovely 9700 or take the plunge and dive into a htc hero or htc hd2........... or is there any other android phones that u would take over the 9700?? (hate iphones lol) thanks will
    03-15-10 05:39 AM
    You will make the final descision. If I were you I would go to the store and use the HTC and make sure I liked it before I gave up my 9700. Personally, I wouldnt do it, but thats just me. You have the top of the line Berry.
    03-15-10 05:57 AM
    yeah thats very true mate totally and i do love it jus some of the browsing is really annoying me i use a site with a shoutbox and on bolt opera mini beta and the bb browser............ its just really not good and another site i use i dont get the drop down menus ect do u no if the web browsing will be fixed on the blackberries any time soon??......... as to be honest i use my phone mainly for apps browsing msn maybe this will help u give me the advise i need thanks agin will and im very greatfull for the help
    03-15-10 06:06 AM
    Everything looks cool and fun at first.....think long term. Most tend to come back to BlackBerry.
    It's up to you really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 06:07 AM
    the more i read the more im thinking its going to be another iphone scenario bold 9000 - iphone 3gs hating iphone gave to the gf and got a curve 8520 while i waited lol im thinking the web browsing is going to be better on the hd2 purely on screen size but will still probably have the same issues as did the iphone i read somewhere theres going to be a webkit for theblackberry though or something or other is that to improve web browsing??
    03-15-10 06:15 AM
    only thing i am a bit worried about is my bold has incredibly poor battery life and its meant to have great battery life i could leave my curve on nearly a week this is 1-2 days maximum
    03-15-10 06:17 AM
    that is not right. Im a HEAVY data user, 16 hrs a day, and at the end of the day I still have 50% of my battery left. make sure you close all your apps after using them, if not they will run in the background and eat up your battery.
    03-15-10 06:27 AM
    that is not right. Im a HEAVY data user, 16 hrs a day, and at the end of the day I still have 50% of my battery left. make sure you close all your apps after using them, if not they will run in the background and eat up your battery.
    You see, when I read about cases like yours, I feel like I just have a busted battery. I only have BerryWeather running in the background updating ever 30 minutes. Its been 2 1/2 hours since my last full charge and I have only surfed the web for maybe 10 minutes and I'm down to 85%.

03-15-10 07:23 AM
    Why don't you get a blackberry charger and put your 9700 in it every night? Ordered it from CrackBerry. Since I've been using it I get much better battery life during the day, plus it rocks as an illuminated clock @ night. Just a suggestion.
    03-15-10 07:59 AM
    sorry, think it's called a cradle
    03-15-10 08:11 AM
    I just switched from a HTC Hero to the Bold 9700. The Hero would lag a lot and I like an hardware keyboard much better
    03-15-10 09:01 AM
    I just switched from a HTC Hero to the Bold 9700. The Hero would lag a lot and I like an hardware keyboard much better
    Exactly! I have had the HTC Fuze and HTC Tilt 2 and those phones lagged really bad. An example is the Tilt 2 is touchscreen and has a slide-out, physical keyboard. I would slide the phone open and start replying to a text message using the keyboard. And because when I slid out the keyboard and didn't wait for the phone to "catch up", I had to do a battery pull multiple times a day due to the phone freezing. Or sometimes I would type and nothing would appear and then all of a sudden everything I type appears. I don't recommend HTC to any of my personal friends or colleagues.

03-15-10 09:47 AM
    Yup, I jumped from BB to Hero then back to BB.

Even with SenseUI disabled it lagged. Plus, at the time I had problems receiving SMS with OS 1.5.

The push GMail wasn't bad, but not as solid as RIM. Every so often I'd get email coming in 20, 30, 40 mins late. For me.... unacceptable.
    03-15-10 09:51 AM
    Seeinf that the hd2 has a 1ghz snapdragon processor I doubt it's gonna lag. however it all depends on what u want. If you mainly use your phone for texting and e-mailing u can't beat the 9700. However if u want an awesome multimedia device that u can stream movies on in high def and so on get the hd2.
    03-15-10 11:46 PM
    the HD2 is nice. but nothing beats the BB experience.
    03-16-10 12:08 AM
    1 ghz processor would temp me on the HD2, however I am prett content with the 9700. I say go test each phone out that you are interested in and get the one you like the best.

Good luck on any phone.
    03-16-10 12:31 AM
    the hd2 WILL lag. its windows mobile. come on. stick with the blackberry. thank me later
    I don't see that. The hd2 has opera as it's stock browser. Seams like a slick device.
    03-16-10 03:27 AM
    Personally i'm done with blackberrys, my 9700 is on ebay as we speak and i'm using my backup phone moto razr 2 till the 4th generation iphone comes out. I will miss my berry but I can't stand the ignorance of rimms failure to listen to feedback on quality control.
    03-16-10 03:29 AM
    I used to own an hd2 I really didn't like it! Its got a lovely screen but it repeatedly crashes! I have a 3gs and bold 9700 and it does me fine

Although the hd2 will have the win7 update when its released, that should be good

03-16-10 04:58 AM
    Everything looks cool and fun at first.....think long term. Most tend to come back to BlackBerry.
    It's up to you really.

+1, just check out my sig :P.

Yeah, some of those phones are fun, but none of them ever last me more than 2 weeks. They always either go back to the store or sold.

Blackberry is what I need. Constantly online, great battery life, and awesome instant messaging options .

All they need (for me at least) is a landscape slider keyboard and a full touch screen and a 2000 mah battery (oem) in it Until then, I'll keep with my powerhouse 9700 and super sexy looking 9520

Ahh, also, if she ever asks you to troubleshoot her device... You won't know how to!!! You only REALLY know the tricks of a device by REALLY using it. I can help most BB users, but my bros iphone is out of my reach. I Just tell him to either send it in or flash it again! haha.
    03-16-10 07:28 AM
    I had the HD2 for 3 weeks and got a non like for like replacement... and I chose the 9700. The reason behind my decision was the need of a good communication device. HD2 let me down numerous of times on the email front etc. Browsing wasn't really a good experience, and typing on a touchscreen, bearing in mind I used E71 for 2 years, was a pain in the ****. On top of that the battery lasted no more than 18hrs, the earpiece was crackling, the screen was not mounted and it was floating... and WM 6.5 was lagging badly.. If I were you, I would stick to BB, in the end of the day everyone around me calls the HTC HD2 a fake iPhone...

03-16-10 08:42 AM
    I as a die hard HTC user before BlackBerry and I got tired of never being able to tweak it with upgrades without such a hassle. I'll never go back to a Windows OS if I can help it.
    03-16-10 11:07 AM
    I'm not a huge windows fan myself their products use to be ****, however windows 7 is winning me over. I find it to be easier to use and smoother than snow leopard. As for windows mobile i'm not a huge fan either but i think windows 7 mobile will be something really nice. Microsoft knows they need to get it right and they have the money to do so. I think rimm and apple should look out for what's about to bilnd side them
    03-16-10 12:16 PM
    as for the hd2 and the phone lagging I find that hard to believe with the hardware that is on it and with the opera browser as default. I think u may have some anti-ms fruitcakes giving u false info. As for the battery life I did hear of that to be true. The battery life on the hd2 kinda sux due to the huge screen draining it
    03-16-10 12:19 PM
    iv been reading alot of reviews and the bold9700 seems to get a higher rating for internet than the hd2 so i guess that must be saying something i thought thats where the huge touch screen would dominate obviously not thou so im sticking with my bold absolutely loved it the 4-5 days iv had it played with it more in these days than i did in a year with my iphone 3gs just thought i was missing out on the hd2 lol. loving it even more now with the 545 installed browsing is so much better and so on
    03-16-10 02:26 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD