Where'd the thread about RIM ripping people off with the lame rebranding of a 9650 go? What's wrong?... the truth hurt too much?
    03-15-10 12:02 AM
    Who cares if they rebrand it? They can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. All I care about is it being released.
    03-15-10 12:08 AM
    Who cares if they rebrand it? They can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. All I care about is it being released.
    Word. Rebranding doesn't bother me in the least. And I figured the fact that it's the same pre-release phone that's been floating around since November with some engraving and minor OS updates wasn't a secret by now?
    03-15-10 12:12 AM
    Wow, you guys are really dedicated and brainwashed into the BB thing. lol

So I guess you're ok with being sold a WIFI Tour and calling it a Bold when they had every intention of releasing it as really a Tour2?
    03-15-10 12:15 AM
    So I guess you're ok with being sold a WIFI Tour and calling it a Bold when they had every intention of releasing it as really a Tour2?
    :/ ..are we supposed to boycott it? I don't see how indignation about the situation changes anything. I've been over it for about a month now.
    03-15-10 12:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's carrier driven. Verizon and Sprint changed their minds on WiFi last year from stupidly nixing it to mandating it on every device. Too bad RIM bends over backwards for them but is it really such a big deal? I don't think so.

They should streamline the models anyway. Hopefully they'd have a Pearl, Curve, Bold and Storm. 4 product lines is enough.
    03-15-10 12:51 AM
    :/ ..are we supposed to boycott it? I don't see how indignation about the situation changes anything. I've been over it for about a month now.
    +1 Exactly what I was thinking
    03-15-10 12:52 AM
    a name is just a "name"...all that matters is what it looks like and whats the functionality/packing under the hood. They could called it the crapberry as long as it does things i want it to. BBM is like crack! =)
    03-15-10 01:08 AM
    I gotta sip on the hater-ade a bit here, but what really game changing feature/s does this device have? WiFi? Trackpad? I've had that since October, it gets old. It's shiny and new for a few months, then the realization hits that it's still a sub par media device in comparison to EVERY other smartphone.
    03-15-10 01:18 AM
    what is the point of this thread? are you calling everyone out on something they have no control over?

this thread is stupid.
    03-15-10 01:43 AM
    Why are people quibbling over names and model #s? Are they that lonely and bored? Go ride a bike or take a walk.

OK, that's all I have time for. Out to go ballin', y'allin!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-18-10 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Profanity
    03-15-10 01:48 AM
    I gotta sip on the hater-ade a bit here, but what really game changing feature/s does this device have? WiFi? Trackpad? I've had that since October, it gets old. It's shiny and new for a few months, then the realization hits that it's still a sub par media device in comparison to EVERY other smartphone.
    In what way is it sub par media device?
    03-15-10 02:05 AM
    Wow, seriously? It can't even read my apple lossless audio files, that's a huge fail for me. If youtube could at least look halfway decent, thatd be a start. Yea yea the optimization, still not near what's available from other smartphone platforms. Have you ever tried loading a video on one? For the life of me everytime I fast forward the audio falls out of sync, everytime. Not to mention it selectively plays file formats, mp4 only works when output from certain programs. Shall I continue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 02:15 AM
    Wow, seriously? It can't even read my apple lossless audio files, that's a huge fail for me. If youtube could at least look halfway decent, thatd be a start. Yea yea the optimization, still not near what's available from other smartphone platforms. Have you ever tried loading a video on one? For the life of me everytime I fast forward the audio falls out of sync, everytime. Not to mention it selectively plays file formats, mp4 only works when output from certain programs. Shall I continue?

No, I don't use lossless audio on my device and probably only few people do because the files are huge. True, YouTube is a problem but other videos have been fine.

Now, compare to other devices, I think the music player is on par with the iPod and is definitely better than those on both webOS and Android. You can listen to Pandora in the background, which you can't on the iPhone, and lastly, PodTrapper for BlackBerry has no equivalents for playing podcasts. I think it's a good multimedia device, so much that I use it almost exclusively.

It's not perfect, but I think you're exaggerating and generalizing too much.
    03-15-10 02:25 AM
    No, I don't use lossless audio on my device and probably only few people do because the files are huge. True, YouTube is a problem but other videos have been fine.

Now, compare to other devices, I think the music player is on par with the iPod and is definitely better than those on both webOS and Android. You can listen to Pandora in the background, which you can't on the iPhone, and lastly, PodTrapper for BlackBerry has no equivalents for playing podcasts. I think it's a good multimedia device, so much that I use it almost exclusively.

It's not perfect, but I think you're exaggerating and generalizing too much.
    Agreed. It's a phone, and there will NEVER be one that is absolutely perfect because people are never happy. If they tried to keep up they would never be able to. Technology is changing every day.

And is viewing YouTube on your phone a necessity? Likely not. That's why there are computers. Use them.
    03-15-10 05:26 AM
    Guys, your missing the point here. The Tour/Essex or Bold is the new replacement device for 8830 and 8330 users. RIM and Verizon have done their research on the upcoming 2 year contract customers and most of them are using these devices. I for example, DON'T replace my phone every year or 6 months. So, WiFi, trackpad, GPS is HUGE for people like me. Remember most of the people on these forums are BB/RIM junkies that are buying the latest and greatest device every other day. RIM nor Verizon is not in business to support this small percentage of customers. They are interested in the bigger picture.

I know 5-10 people (family, friends and coworkers) that are or have had their contracts expire. They are waiting for this device and will sign another contract with Verizon when it becomes available.
    03-15-10 06:13 AM
    Frankly I don't care if it was going to be the T2, it got yanked, and now will be a B2. or B3. or whatever. Honestly I don't... its not a device I'd buy anyway. (currently I'd either go for 85xx or if I could justify it, the 9700. I just want it to be released so I don't have to skip over all the T2/B2 posts about "when is this going to be released?" cuz I'm way past caring....
    03-15-10 07:06 AM
    OP is troll.
    03-15-10 07:14 AM
    This thread is really pointless. If you are not interested in the phone then you shouldn't post useless info. people like redsox and others and myself are interested in this (since I am using my first blackberry, my friends old 8330 which is nice to learn off of) since we are looking for a nice new upgrade to spend our new every two on, like no more dirty balls (haha) and a faster speed and more memory. And of course wifi although that's really not necessary for me. Its great to share opinions but don't question why people are so interested in this phone and bash it. And who cares what the phone is called?? Its a phone. Jeezz people loosen up!

03-15-10 07:20 AM
    a name is just a "name"...all that matters is what it looks like and whats the functionality/packing under the hood. They could called it the crapberry as long as it does things i want it to.
    +1
    I could care less about the name as well...I just want the phone to come out!
    03-15-10 07:29 AM
    OP is troll.
    That was a joke right?
    03-15-10 07:30 AM
    Sorry for the banter guys........It just cracks me up what some people post. Bottom line is Verizon and RIM are in business to make money. The reason the Tour2/Essex was yanked was probably a business decision. Whether the device's OS was up to par or Verizon wanted to put another name under it to protect themselves from the Tour owners (smart idea if you ask me).

I agree with everyone too. They could call this thing Piece of **** 9650 and I'll still buy it. It's going to be a HUGE step up from my 8330.
    03-15-10 07:40 AM
    Its a name! who cares what they call it! all we know now its that its called a Bold! much better then being called a Tour since the Tour didn't have that great of a rep, but the Bold does. makes sense to me
    03-15-10 07:40 AM
    Its a name! who cares what they call it! all we know now its that its called a Bold! much better then being called a Tour since the Tour didn't have that great of a rep, but the Bold does. makes sense to me
    Bingo. Couldn't have said it better.
    03-15-10 07:43 AM
    Well since they are calling it the bold then it better be all that and a bag of chips and maybe a soda too!
    03-15-10 07:53 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD