I don't know when this started happening but today I tried uploading a picture onto Facebook using the FB app but it keeps saying There was an error uploading this photo. I tried uploading a different photo but still the same thing. Tried it a few times. Yes, I did do a battery pull, deleted and reinstalled the app but still no luck. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance
    03-14-10 09:55 PM
    I've had this happen.

I consider that half the time I try to upload an album to FB from my quad core PC plugged straight into the router, FB still manages to crap out A LOT. So when my little BB is sweating away and trying to upload an image and then failing, well I'm not sure it's the phone's fault, or the app, but just FB being riddled with syphilis and self doubt and slowness.

Have you tried going to the mobile site once you are in FB from the app? Just hit the BB key and select the option from the menu. The mobile site is much leaner and faster and better for browsing / obtaining friends contact info. After a bit of playing about just now, I've realised that it doesn't give you an option for uploading an image but it's still a faster way to use FB. Apols if you already know about that (you probably do!)

When I've successfully uploaded photos to FB, it's been straight from the camera option. Take the photo, hit the BB button, send to FB. Works with as much reliability as anything on FB does.

Hope I may have helped you a little bit :-)
    03-14-10 10:03 PM
    also, i have read that reducing the pic size and quality size is supposed to help. I tried that and it did some of the time. Otherwise, go into facebook and you can get a special email upload address. I saved it in my address book and just email pics to facebook. Plus, you get a confirmation email when it uploads.
    03-14-10 11:01 PM
    I just send my photos to facebook using a MMS text. Works 100% of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 07:37 PM
    I had the same problem. I ended up getting my mobile FB address, saving it to my contact list, and literally MMSing or emailing them to my fb email addy. Works every time for me now.

I am fairly certain the issue is with FB servers and not the BB. Probably a programming issue.

My FB addy looks something like this....
    blahblahblah @m.facebook.com
    Last edited by Julesinthemountains; 03-16-10 at 08:56 AM.
    03-16-10 08:52 AM
    After a few frustrated tries to get a picture posted, uploading to FB using my FB upload addy was the only way it worked. Must be on FB's end, for all of us to have the issue.
    Last edited by aimeeattitude; 03-16-10 at 09:31 AM.
    03-16-10 09:27 AM
    had this problem, but facebook has (gives you) n email address so just email it to your FB accout and its there.
    03-17-10 01:56 AM
    yeah, same thing here, this past week has been horrible. I want FB for BB version 1.0 back!!! With every "improvement" they release, it gets worse and worse and worse.

The email thing is not a suitable "fix"! If you have a signature line, that goes right on with the picture you post. I don't want that. I want to "Send to Facebook" directly from my pictures. Why not??

This all used to work seemlessly and effortlessly. Until they started making things "better".

Yah, I'm complaining. Having run a mobile software company of my own for the past 20 years, I'd never release stuff like this.
    03-20-10 06:26 PM
    Changing camera settings to MEDIUM instead of LARGE does solve the problem when uploading pictures; however, in my experience with other users, not having the latest OS also causes the problem.
    You could always do it the long way:
    you have to be logged on to facebook on your PC. Then click on account (upper right), then settings, then mobile, then FB mobile. Then it will tell you what your FB email address is. To send a pic from your BB, put in your FB email like you are sending them an email. For the subject - write the caption you want to use for the pic. Then attach the picture and voila!
    03-31-10 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD