Hey all!

I've had 3 WinMo phones in the last 2 years. I am pretty much over it. In fact, I'm sick of it. I'm on the Sprint SERO plan, and just yesterday ordered the Tour. Basically, I just want a reliable phone, capable of simple tasks such as email, browsing, SMS, and of course, phone calls (oddly enough, WinMo lacked in basically every one of these areas).

Anyways, basically I'm just introducing myself. I'm stoked for the Tour. Any words of advice are greatly appreciated. I take it I should upgrade it to 5.0 as soon as I get it?

Thanks!
    03-14-10 07:24 PM
    A BlackBerry operates completely differently from a WinMo device. I recommend you use your new Tour with the OS it comes with until you get familiar with it. It'll be a lot easier to upgrade then.
    03-14-10 07:31 PM
    i remember hwne i first got my first BB coming from winmo (Touch pro) i hated the BB. now i love it
    03-14-10 07:38 PM
    i remember hwne i first got my first BB coming from winmo (Touch pro) i hated the BB. now i love it
    I had the Mogul, the Diamond, now the Intrepid. The Diamond was the best, but all of them still suffered from the same thing, running WinMo.
    03-14-10 07:40 PM
    If you Have Sprint it will come with 5.0 on it anyways, My Advise is Get use to the System it is ALOT easier than Win-mo.

Download App World and get Pandora :-D and any other programs you Might Like

Also use BlackBerry Messenger aka BBM, And Get the PIN (Unique Security) Number of EVERYONE you Know that has a Black Berry. Easiest Way to get Ring-tones/Pics/Docs What have you from them.

Also The DeskTop Manager is YOUR FRIEND. Install and after about a week of Messing with you New Phone use the Back up Then Back-up regularly.

After Selling Phones for 5 yrs till this day People still dont use these Basic things that COME WITH BlackBerry (Except app world which is Fairly new)
    03-14-10 07:41 PM
    Welcome! Definitely agree with using Desktop Manager. I would recommend after transferring all of your contacts and making the settings to your liking back your phone up. If anything ever happens to it, or you accidentally delete a contact(s) you need, just plug the phone to your computer and restore.
    03-14-10 08:02 PM
    Welcome! Definitely agree with using Desktop Manager. I would recommend after transferring all of your contacts and making the settings to your liking back your phone up. If anything ever happens to it, or you accidentally delete a contact(s) you need, just plug the phone to your computer and restore.
    I currently use Microsoft MyPhone for contact backup, what should I use to transfer my contatcs?
    03-14-10 08:06 PM
    I currently use Microsoft MyPhone for contact backup, what should I use to transfer my contatcs?
    You can use the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager. Just need both phones plugged into the computer. The Device Switch Wizard will transfer contacts, calender, memos, and tasks.
    Last edited by berryjunky; 03-14-10 at 08:15 PM.
    03-14-10 08:12 PM
    Hey all!

I've had 3 WinMo phones in the last 2 years. I am pretty much over it. In fact, I'm sick of it. I'm on the Sprint SERO plan, and just yesterday ordered the Tour. Basically, I just want a reliable phone, capable of simple tasks such as email, browsing, SMS, and of course, phone calls (oddly enough, WinMo lacked in basically every one of these areas).

Anyways, basically I'm just introducing myself. I'm stoked for the Tour. Any words of advice are greatly appreciated. I take it I should upgrade it to 5.0 as soon as I get it?

Thanks!
    Make sure it does have the latest 5.0 operating system before u start downloading apps over air, the original operating system would crash often & what a pain that was, mine crashed 4 times, but with 5.0 that problem has been fixed
    03-14-10 08:24 PM
    you can also use google sync first sync all your contacts with google then on tour download google sync and let the contacts download and sync :]
    03-14-10 10:25 PM
    you can also use google sync first sync all your contacts with google then on tour download google sync and let the contacts download and sync :]
    Awesome!

Thanks for all of the great ideas, I'm really looking forward to getting this phone!
    03-15-10 07:03 AM
    Welcome! Definitely make use of all of the shortcuts. I think there is a sticky for BB shortcuts.
    03-15-10 07:57 AM
    Coming from a winmo device myself to a tour the shock wasn't as big as you would think. The biggest shock i had was everything just worked. This phone is one of the most solid phones i have used in years. you are going to like the way you phone works
    03-16-10 12:42 PM
    Same here, I had two Windows Mobile phones and finally got the Tour. Love it!
    03-16-10 12:45 PM
    An update for anyone who cares: I got my phone in yesterday, and wow. I can't put it down. I think I will REALLY enjoy this phone.
    03-20-10 12:04 PM
    An update for anyone who cares: I got my phone in yesterday, and wow. I can't put it down. I think I will REALLY enjoy this phone.
    IM Glad your Lovin it ! and good to hear it got there in one piece ::Starts to Cry:: hahaha :-D
    03-20-10 08:59 PM
    Glad your here and glad your liking it! They call them crackberrys for a reason! Get the crackberry app, be weather, poynt, google maps. Hmmm what else, oh I would install a third party browser like opera mini or bolt. The BB browser is not quite there. (Who is stoke for webkit?)

D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 09:08 PM
    Glad your here and glad your liking it! They call them crackberrys for a reason! Get the crackberry app, be weather, poynt, google maps. Hmmm what else, oh I would install a third party browser like opera mini or bolt. The BB browser is not quite there. (Who is stoke for webkit?)

D

I was just about to ask for a weather app rec. Will this display on the home screen? Thanks!
    03-20-10 09:22 PM
    I'm on Sprint and had the Touch Pro since the day it was released. Went through 6 of those due to the keyboard kept going out. Finally sold the 6th one as soon as I got it from Asurion and put that money on my first BB. The Tour.

I got the Tour the first week it came out and it had the trackball issue not scrolling correctly. Took it back to the Sprint store within the first 30 days and they gladly swapped it out for a brand new device. That one has worked flawlessly ever since. So far I would highly recommend BB to anyone who just wants a device that works! WinMo is a battery hog.

I can hardly put mine down. I just recently bought BerryBuzz which allows you to change your notification color. Good stuff.
    03-20-10 10:09 PM
    My work phone is a samsung ace running WinMo 6.1. Wow, what a terrible phone.

03-21-10 02:28 PM
    My work phone is a samsung ace running WinMo 6.1. Wow, what a terrible phone.

I can promise you that the Samsung Intrepid running 6.5 is not much better, at all. So glad to get rid of it.
    03-21-10 02:29 PM
    I liked my Diamond that's for sure. WM 6.5.x is so yummy I gotta admit with the bottom Start button. But the Tour just works.
    03-22-10 08:47 AM
    I liked my Diamond that's for sure. WM 6.5.x is so yummy I gotta admit with the bottom Start button. But the Tour just works.
    I had the Diamond with 10 different variants of 6.5.x, none of them worked quite right. The Intrepid shipped with 6.5, and THAT didn't even work right.
    03-22-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD