Yesterday I upgraded to Google Maps 3.2.1 and now it only shows in portrait view AND the keyboard won't go away. I've set all the permissions to allow and did a battery pull....what else do I need to do? I'm traveling tomorrow and need the maps program as well as the traffic part. Hopefully someone can help me get this working in the landscape view.

Also how do I set Google Maps to use the addresses in my Contacts for driving directions? I know you can "show on Google maps" a highlighted address in Contacts but can't figure out how to get driving directions to that address.
    03-14-10 01:20 PM
    Looks like you downloaded the wrong version. First of all make sure your BB browser is set to be identified as a BB browser and not IE or firefox. If its not switch it to BB browser and redownload google maps. If that does not help then go to your application screen in setup and desable compstability mode for google maps.
    Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 02:26 PM
    Thank you for your help......I did set my browser to BB and downloaded Google Maps again and now can use it in landscape. THANKS!

Now how do I get driving directions using an address in my Contacts list? Is it possible?

Also what is a good traffic app to use? I know that Google Maps has traffic but it seems very basic in that it only shows green, yellow or red lines but nothing to say where exactly the issue is at.....am I missing something here?
    03-14-10 02:58 PM
    Disable "Compatibility Mode"
    03-14-10 06:59 PM
    It is already....

this is how I checked.......options, applications, highlight Google Maps, bb key, and "enable compatibility" was only option.

what do I try now? "show on google maps" is not an option on the BB key when I highlight a contact........
    03-14-10 07:13 PM
    Not quite sure exactly what I did or in what order but the landscape view is working, highlighting a contact and "show on google maps" is working and then "get directions" and choosing the contact address as the end point works as well.............YES YES YES!!!!!!! Thanks everyone who helped out on this.

Now is there one app you like better than another for local traffic issues?
    03-14-10 07:43 PM
    When I highlight contact I don't get show on gmaps... And no get directions and no choosing address as end point I just downloaded so I hav most recent version all permissions are set to allow what am I doing wrong?
    03-15-10 01:41 AM
    Nevermind did bat pull and it's there just not choose an end point and it refuses to find my addresses in gmaps grr lol
    03-15-10 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD