Just signed up and not sure if this has been answered is it possible to add now playing to left button or main screen on blackberry 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 08:06 AM
    No you cannot.

03-14-10 09:12 AM
    Hold down the menu button (button with the BB logo) and the now playing icon will show
    03-14-10 02:51 PM
    I actually wrote a small app for this, just to use for myself since I love using shortcut keys (with dial from home screen off) for everything.

I usually build all my shortcuts into an svg for a custom theme I use the problem with now playing is that if nothing is playing it will show a white screen. So the app checks to see if its running then brings it to the foreground and if its not running nothing happens. You'll be able to assign it to left or right conv key or click an icon.

I'm on the road right now put ill post it up when I get home later.

03-14-10 02:58 PM
    I have "Now Playing..." added on Quicklaunch. Left convenience key is set to Quicklaunch, so it just takes two clicks. If there is nothing playing, it just won't do anything. Works perfect.
    Last edited by stranger99; 03-14-10 at 03:44 PM.
    03-14-10 03:19 PM
    Heres the link to the app: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/MediaNow.jad
    JC61 likes this.
    03-14-10 04:04 PM
    QuickLaunch!!
    nikkisoft.com
    03-14-10 08:25 PM
    Holy crap. Bro, this app is awesome. I had 1 slot left on my homescreen for a icon, this icon gets that spot.

Thanks a lot for sharing it.
    03-14-10 09:00 PM
    I have "Now Playing..." added on Quicklaunch. Left convenience key is set to Quicklaunch, so it just takes two clicks. If there is nothing playing, it just won't do anything. Works perfect.
    +1

*having to post 10 characters to post a message BLOWS
    03-15-10 01:51 AM
    Ok ok ok... You're going to love this cuz I just found it today and I'm so happy... I have my music set to the right convenience key... If you have songs playing and you click it twice it goes to now playing! How simple is that? I'm not even sure if that's in the user manual.

Yeah, you're welcome.

03-16-10 09:44 PM
    Ok ok ok... You're going to love this cuz I just found it today and I'm so happy... I have my music set to the right convenience key... If you have songs playing and you click it twice it goes to now playing! How simple is that? I'm not even sure if that's in the user manual.

Yeah, you're welcome.

This is not working for me when I have movieplayer going. On the other hand, if you had tasklist set for a convenience key and click it twice, it cycles between the first two apps on the list. Any chance that's what you're seeing? Or do you definitely get this from the music player?
    03-30-10 06:45 PM
    Awesome app, but can I make a suggestion? You've currently set it to do nothing if no media is currently playing. What about just going to the Media screen (where you select music, movies, etc) as the current 'Media' button does if "Now Playing" is not found?

At any rate - awesome app! Thanks!!
    03-30-10 06:47 PM
    I just found this and it totally solved a problem for me. Thanks so much.
    06-06-12 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD