Hi! Im new to blackberry and this forum. I live in Latvia and use the Tele2 mobile carrier which does not provide BIS. But Im able to use browser and other applications that use internet. I downloaded custom service books from this thread: howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-bold-revised-
    unfortunetly they ar not available anymore. I was wondering if there is any way to get mms working without BIS. If I try to send mms it seems to send it (no red cross) but the person on the other end never receives that mms. Same goes when somebody tries to send an mms to me. They dont get any errors, but I dont get the message. Could somebody help me with this. I will be very thankful . P.S. sorry for the bad English.
    03-14-10 07:03 AM
    From my experience with wireless (used to work for att (years)) you don't need BIS to be able to use mms as long as you have a text package it's included or if you go the ppu route. I'm making an educate dguess that you're able to text just fine right? Sometimes it can be delayed while it goes through carrier switches. I almost instantly receive from att a lil while from tmo but it takes forever from vzw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Manny Fresh 662; 03-14-10 at 12:39 PM.
    03-14-10 12:36 PM
    Yes, I can send and receive sms without any problems, but it's been a while since I tried to send my first mms (like 2 months ago) and it never got delivered. Is there any way to manually adjust mms settings (APN, IP) like the TCP settings?
    03-14-10 01:01 PM
    I believe you need a data plan to send and receive MMS. Most carriers require it.
    03-14-10 02:47 PM
    I have a data plan. 2 GB/month.
    03-14-10 02:49 PM
    then your MMS service is not working correctly. call your carrier and report the issue. they should be able to fix it.
    03-15-10 12:12 PM
    They just gave me APN,IP,port an that's it. Also,when I try to send mms from different cellphone (not bb) mms sends just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 12:18 PM
    My operator does not support BIS. So, I cannot use MMS. Is there any solution to send/receive MMS? Is there any MMS 3rd party application?
    09-21-11 09:03 AM
    i do not have a blackberry data plan and i am able to send and receive MMS. i am still learning about all of this, but i have noticed, depending on what OS i am using affects my ability to send/recieve MMS. my carrier think i am using a motorola Razr, been using a bold 9000 for 2 years
    09-21-11 09:04 PM
    Mostly you will need a Blackberry data plan and updated service books to use MMS and other services.
    09-26-11 09:56 AM
    Mostly you will need a Blackberry data plan and updated service books to use MMS and other services.
    how can you explain the fact that it only seems to matter what OS i am using? if i go to an official release, i can send and receive MMS. But i am currently using a hybrid and cant send or receive
    09-27-11 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD