Ok, I'm putting this in off-topic since it's not really related to a particular berry. I know what Google voice is, I have an account set to forward to my cell, but I really haven't dug into using it yet.

What I'm curious about is what are some practical uses for this, from people who use it everyday? I did come up with one use for myself - as special activities coordinator for a private school, I send letters home to parents from time to time. I realized I can put my Google voice number on the letter, and the parents can get in touch with me if they have questions without having to leave it on my voicemail at work or have my cell-phone number.

I figured this could be a helpful thread as I know several G/voice invites have been given away in the Pay it forward thread and I'm sure there are other g/voice newbies like myself looking for ideas.
    03-13-10 03:00 PM
    For work, so people don't have my "real" number. I can block their number if I want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 03:20 PM
    For work, so people don't have my "real" number. I can block their number if I want to.
    +1. That is the precise reason I signed up.

03-13-10 03:38 PM
    Use it as my main number. Free calling, and my real number is shielded.

03-13-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD