I talked with Sprint yesterday while trying to fix some issues with my Digital Lounge now getting the purchases to my phone and had to Add a new line of service and they allowed me to cancel my current line and cancelled my two year contract I just started in January, and they informed my the 9650 Bold is due to be released in June or July.
    FIRST TIME anyone from Sprint has actually confirmed to me that it's coming out and a GOOD date for the release, so I guess everyone on Sprint will hafta wait till at the latest July to get the new phone, but hey what can ya say it is better than anything I have read here.
    I mean if they gave out the info, guess I would trust them, cause they could have just tried to sell me a new phone to get on a new contract but were willing to tell my to wait till July and do it.
    03-13-10 09:40 AM
    As much as I like Sprint, if that is the case I will wait another 5 months and get the latest Iphone then.. As much as I love a Blackberry there really isn't anything that is "new" coming from RIM.
    03-13-10 10:10 AM
    no one really knows for sure when this phone will come out. some say May, some say July... who knows.

I do love how all these Verizon and Sprint reps got proven wrong saying that they Tour 2 will never be called a Bold. Just shows how much those guys actually know.
    03-13-10 10:22 AM
    i think a may-july release is pretty accurate... and i dont think ill be waiting that long unfortunately. maybe they'll give us an official release date during CTIA.
    03-13-10 10:54 AM
    i won't believe anything until I see Kevin say something about it or RIM/VZW/SPRINT actually give us a date. You can't always believe the reps. May -July does sound good though.
    03-13-10 11:00 AM
    not that i dont disagree with your comment re BB but its not as if there is anything "new" from apple.. the iphone is simply old technology in a pretty package.

As much as I like Sprint, if that is the case I will wait another 5 months and get the latest Iphone then.. As much as I love a Blackberry there really isn't anything that is "new" coming from RIM.
    03-13-10 12:10 PM
    not that i dont disagree with your comment re BB but its not as if there is anything "new" from apple.. the iphone is simply old technology in a pretty package.
    You are right Mystic.. I guess it is more frustration on my part because I fell hook line and sinker for all of the rumors.. LOL I guess we'll see what happens...
    03-13-10 03:09 PM
    The HTC Supersonic is coming in mid to late summer correct? I personally am intrigued by that phone and might choose that pending the phones are released at comparable times.

Supersonic in August I think....
    03-14-10 11:52 AM
    makes sense it would come out in June or July, around the anniversary of the Tour since sprint has the premier programm and one year upgrades for primary lines or plans over 69.99
    03-15-10 02:19 PM
    This phone, if released three to four months in the future, will have horrible sales. It will be old news, and other phones will steal the spotlight. Why would you wait so long to release a phone that is only a tiny bit different?
    03-15-10 03:07 PM
    I can't wait. i'm eligible for my upgrade in june...yayyyy meeeee
    03-15-10 03:13 PM
    Yeah...IF the rumor is true, then it'll be one year (July) after Sprint released the Tour. That sounds about right, considering us Premier customers are eligible for a full upgrade one year later.

But rumors will be rumors...
    03-15-10 03:27 PM
    Sorry RIM, too little, too late. RIM cannot put out a quality phone anymore, and it is really sad. Everyone else has surpassed RIM in quality and usability. Windows Phone 7 for me.

I want to throw my Tour out of the window!
    03-15-10 03:40 PM
    Sorry RIM, too little, too late. RIM cannot put out a quality phone anymore, and it is really sad. Everyone else has surpassed RIM in quality and usability. Windows Phone 7 for me.

I want to throw my Tour out of the window!
    Obviously A LOT of us think differently then you since the best selling phones are Blackberrys, and the number one selling phone yet is still the Curve. Blackberry is also making extream amounts of profits per quarter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 03:56 PM
    Many can argue that all the "new phones" are better than a good old Blackberry- but Blackberries continue to out-sell them all and continue to offer the best solution for users who view messaging and convenience as their #1 priority. Viva La Blackberry!

03-15-10 04:04 PM
    Obviously A LOT of us think differently then you since the best selling phones are Blackberrys, and the number one selling phone yet is still the Curve. Blackberry is also making extream amounts of profits per quarter.

Could that be attributed to cutting corners in Quality Control?
    03-15-10 04:15 PM

I will not argue with a fellow Clevelander...however...The 9630 is not nearly as solid as the 9000 or the 9700. How many actually have a battery door cover that does NOT move? It is a joke...between the battery door cover and the trackball...I am looking for something else.

The UI is really out of date....the Calendar is a freakin' joke....there is not a phone/PDA out there that has a worse calendar than the 9630.

I also think the June/July timing could not be worse. If VZW announces that the iPhone is coming to their network...look the f*** out!

It is too bad ATT sucks so bad, or I would have the 9700 yesterday.

(off my soap box now)
    03-15-10 04:58 PM
    This phone, if released three to four months in the future, will have horrible sales. It will be old news, and other phones will steal the spotlight. Why would you wait so long to release a phone that is only a tiny bit different?
    your first sentence. As much as we wonder why a phone that was rumored to be released Feb 3, will now not be released until May-July, the folks at RIM/Verizon/Sprint know why. I am pretty sure this phone will sell very, very well, otherwise why release it all? And they will release it. Companies, regardless of the current economic conditions do not like to lose huge amounts of money. If they don't release it, then it was a colossal mistake and someone very well placed will surely and probably publicly lose their job. Then there will be someone else looking for free healthcare.
    03-15-10 05:25 PM
    i won't believe anything until I see Kevin say something about it or RIM/VZW/SPRINT actually give us a date. You can't always believe the reps. May -July does sound good though.
    +1
    10 char
    03-15-10 05:30 PM
    I will not argue with a fellow Clevelander...however...The 9630 is not nearly as solid as the 9000 or the 9700. How many actually have a battery door cover that does NOT move? It is a joke...between the battery door cover and the trackball...I am looking for something else.

The UI is really out of date....the Calendar is a freakin' joke....there is not a phone/PDA out there that has a worse calendar than the 9630.

I also think the June/July timing could not be worse. If VZW announces that the iPhone is coming to their network...look the f*** out!

It is too bad ATT sucks so bad, or I would have the 9700 yesterday.

(off my soap box now)
    First off, hello to another Clevelander, nice to see you here!

Secondly, the battery door problem was only a problem on the first batch of Tours that were soon corrected. I know my battery doors on the Tours are rock Solid and do not move one bit. Actually so tight that sometimes its hard to take off the battery doors.

What's wrong with the Calendar on Blackberrys? Your the first one I ever heard about that complains about the Calendar when many including myself use it everyday without a problem and doesn't compare to any other Calendar on any other make of phone that I have had in my hands. I love the Calendar on these phones

Last edited by mjbesen310; 03-15-10 at 05:41 PM.
    03-15-10 05:38 PM
    i agree.. the phone of course will sell well.. if for nothing other than its the best BB you will be able to get on vz and sprint..

remember that the tour was NOT for the consumer market.. as the 8830we replacement it was for the business traveller.. it sold well to consumers who dont even move out of their zipcode simple because it was the best BB u could get for cdma.. so ditto for the wtf2

your first sentence. As much as we wonder why a phone that was rumored to be released Feb 3, will now not be released until May-July, the folks at RIM/Verizon/Sprint know why. I am pretty sure this phone will sell very, very well, otherwise why release it all? And they will release it. Companies, regardless of the current economic conditions do not like to lose huge amounts of money. If they don't release it, then it was a colossal mistake and someone very well placed will surely and probably publicly lose their job. Then there will be someone else looking for free healthcare.
    03-15-10 07:13 PM
    First off, hello to another Clevelander, nice to see you here!

Secondly, the battery door problem was only a problem on the first batch of Tours that were soon corrected. I know my battery doors on the Tours are rock Solid and do not move one bit. Actually so tight that sometimes its hard to take off the battery doors.

What's wrong with the Calendar on Blackberrys? Your the first one I ever heard about that complains about the Calendar when many including myself use it everyday without a problem and doesn't compare to any other Calendar on any other make of phone that I have had in my hands. I love the Calendar on these phones

What! Are you kidding me. The calender on these phones are the biggest joke. It looks like it was built in 1995. This is one of the things I always ***** about when people ask me about my storm.
    03-15-10 08:38 PM
    I guess the calender could be improved. But its a calender and serves its purpose - storing important dates/events/appointments/and so on.

03-15-10 08:49 PM
    What! Are you kidding me. The calender on these phones are the biggest joke. It looks like it was built in 1995. This is one of the things I always ***** about when people ask me about my storm.
    The calendar on the iPhone And touch are not much different then BB. In fact I'm typing this post off of the touch.
    So I don't know why you say the calendar sucks? Works well syncs well.

03-15-10 09:08 PM
    The calendar on the iPhone And touch are not much different then BB. In fact I'm typing this post off of the touch.
    So I don't know why you say the calendar sucks? Works well syncs well.

The calender on an itouch is built similar but has a way better overall look. Not to mention it is better built for touch screen.
    03-15-10 09:55 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD