Not sure if this has been asked (posting via cell) and kinda doubt it, but....is there anyway to add that new touch pad the new BBs are coming out with? My gf has it on her new curve and its way better than the trackball imo. I am assuming I just gotta buy the new tour when it comes out, huh? Anybody know, thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 06:10 PM
    Yep get the new Bold- Tour2. No trackpad on current Tour. Which will be a "Bold"
    03-12-10 06:26 PM
    Yeah... Not gonna work. Would need a completely different housing, keyboard, software, and hardware to make this work. It's just not possible without lots of time, money and skills. Better off just getting a new phone.
    03-12-10 06:29 PM
    Figured. Thx yall

03-12-10 06:34 PM
    On the one hand I like to think that this could be possible seeing as the trackball sensor and the trackpad sensor both appear to have a similar board-side connector on them. It makes me think that the trackball sensor and the trackpad sensor are just plugged into what I like to think of as a PS/2 type connector on the motherboard.

Think about it, the PS/2 connector on a PC motherboard works in a similar way. Plug in a PS/2 trackball mouse and the PC recognizes the movement of the mouse. Plug in a PS/2 Optical mouse and the PC recognizes the input the same.

It would be nice if the parts were interchangeable.

Just look at CNN.CN for the pics of the Trackball Sensor of the Tour 9630 and the Trackpad Sensor of the 9700. Even the ribbon cable running from the sensors to the connectors have a somewhat similar shape.

On the other hand, I think its just wishful thinking...........
    03-13-10 04:16 AM
    I actually asked one of my techie friends this question, and he seemed to be of the opinion that it is possible, and that someone would (or is) coming out with a "conversion kit".

We'll just have to wait and see!
    03-13-10 09:27 AM
    Never thought much of the trackpads until I got the chance to play with one. Now, I'd be willing to drop a hundred bucks to keep my Tour and add a trackpad. They're so much smoother imo.

03-13-10 10:26 AM
    Im game heres to finding a solution!!
    03-13-10 10:37 AM
    If you're willing to drop 100$+ on switching out your trackball for a trackpad then you probably should just save up a couple more hundred dolars and get the 9650 BOLD
    03-13-10 11:11 AM
    Just get the 9650 and problem solved.
    03-13-10 11:12 AM
    If that were possible, I would do that in a heartbeat. My boss has the Bold 9700 and the trackpad is so nice. I get sick of these trackballs.
    03-13-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD