Hi Crackberrians,
    I'm moving back to the US from Spain in 2 weeks and will be bringing my ex-Vodafone 9500 with me, I just got it unlocked and I'm wondering which carriers I could try to get service with. I'd love to get some feedback from you all on what my best bet would be for a decent voice and data plan, I use way more data than voice so a low minutes plan is good.
    Looking forward to hearing,
    Cheers
    Doug
    03-12-10 02:06 PM
    If it's the 9500 you'll have to go to a GSM carrier like TMobile or AT&T.
    03-12-10 02:07 PM
    I'm on Tmobile. The best, as far as I'm concerned. Number 1 in customer service. Unlimited data use. Lowest rates. Check them out.
    03-12-10 03:19 PM
    I'm on Tmobile. The best, as far as I'm concerned. Number 1 in customer service. Unlimited data use. Lowest rates. Check them out.
    If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you on? I was just looking at their rates and it seems the cheapest deal they have is this one:
    Even More 500 Talk $39.99 per month + BlackBerry Unlimited Web $30.00 per month
    Is that the one?
    Thanks,
    Doug
    03-12-10 03:25 PM
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the 9500 works on North American GSM carriers. Better do some research.
    03-12-10 03:44 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you on? I was just looking at their rates and it seems the cheapest deal they have is this one:
    Even More 500 Talk $39.99 per month + BlackBerry Unlimited Web $30.00 per month
    Is that the one?
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Actually I have a family plan, with 5 lines activated (I have a lot of kids), unlimited text and one blackberry data plan. We are on a My Faves plan because we can use less minutes that way. This costs me way less - $175, I think - than I've been able to find on any other carrier.

But still, for an individual plan my kids out on their own all have Tmobile plans.
    03-12-10 09:30 PM
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the 9500 works on North American GSM carriers. Better do some research.
    I think you're mistaken. Neither carries or supports it, but plenty are using them on GSM networks in North America. There are detailed instructions in the How To forum for using all features for TMobile and AT&T (links point to instruction posts for each carrier.)

To the OP: That's the cheapest plan I see listed for TMobile. They may have something cheaper on a promotional basis. Take the best free phone they're offering and sell it for a few $ on ebay.
    03-13-10 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD