hi, iv just got my blackberry curve 8900 and have been trying to download themes, (free ones) onto my computer then putting them onto my blackberry via usb. i have read around that OTA ..JAD is it? wont work via computer .. but this is the only way i can download as my internet charges me on my phone.. i cant seem to find any nice themes that i can download onto my computer. help?? thanks.. chelsea
    03-12-10 07:25 AM
    check the themes section of this forum. many people post themes there to download in both OTA and PC download (to install through DM). this will solve your issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/
    03-12-10 07:27 AM
    thanks, il give it a shot
    03-12-10 07:35 AM
    If you have an 8900 you should be able to connect via WiFi and download OTA that way.
    03-12-10 10:35 AM
    Appworld (blackberry.com / appworld)

Install, select catagories on the left, then themes
    You can sort by price (so free first)

There's also an amazing free one on the home page (but that may be locational; I'm in the UK)
    03-12-10 11:58 AM
    The themes that you will be able to download via your pc are the .zip file theme's
    Some themers post both OTA and .zip files.
    You will have to unzip the file before loading it via DeskTop Manager.
    Also, as someone previously posted, you have Wifi on your 8900 so you can do it the OTA way, which is much easier.
    As for Appworld you have to use your browser/data to open Appworld on your BB and you already said you don't want those charges. I can't open Appworld with Wifi.
    03-12-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD