Hello everyone. I am a recent transplant from the bold 9700 to the Motocliq. After a day, I really like it. I held onto the berry for so long because I had made great friends on bbm. BBM started to be a drag with unwanted requests so honestly I was glad to leave. Now that I am android, I miss meeting new people and the chat experience. I would to chat with some android users over gtalk. Add me at [email protected]. I am 34 yo and female. Please be respectful and not perverted. I hope to meet a lot of you.

Jenny
    03-12-10 06:40 AM
    Okay I am going to state the obvious you said "BBM started to be a drag with unwanted requests so honestly I was glad to leave." and yet you post your gtalk account on a forum????? Do you expect anything different?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein
    03-12-10 06:45 AM
    I am hoping that it will be different this time. But honestly I expect the same result. If I start to get unwanted requests - that is why I can block requests. But thanks for stating the obvious. It didn't occur to me.
    03-12-10 07:54 AM
    Just want you to be safe..........
    03-12-10 08:47 AM
    When I had my BB Tour I had to take down my PIN due to those crazy requests. I'll PM you my gmail address for gtalk.
    03-12-10 10:24 AM
    I'm down. Good way to meet new people.
    03-13-10 07:45 PM
    i never understood why people freely post their PINs and emails on these boards...i find it kind of funny that your PIN is a "closely guarded secret" yet your email, which is more prone to spam and weirdos, is not...why don't you just make a post saying "hey, i want to chat, PM me with your info!" rather than leaving it out in the open....much better regulated...

but that is just me
    03-15-10 12:40 PM
    Crackberry has made pin posting possible, so it is followed by a lot of users. I do agree that meeting random people has its risks, but people over on the BB side go nuts posting there pin #s. In fact, I had so many people on my bbm, that it would sometimes crash when everyone on a Friday night got chatty. I assume OP knows all the things that have been posted by you guys, but jeez, it is just an email address, not her password and user name lol. It is good to see the android community in such a safety hawk mode, as there are some messed up people out there, but on the other hand, there are some really cool people too, so it boils down to discretion, but it can be fun talking to strangers (if they aren't psycho!)
    03-15-10 02:51 PM
    To Phenyx23, my pin used to be a closely guarded secret and now that I don't have bbm anymore - it isn't. I feel much safer using my email address than I would have been posting my pin. I see that you don't have yours listed so I assume you know the ways of bbm. Not disputing the fact that I met a lot of great people on bbm and hope to meet a lot more through email now that I don't have bbm. It is your choice how you put your contact info out there. And how are you supposed to get to know other people on bbm if you don't at least post your pin once. Not everyone likes to chat through private message as you suggest.
    03-15-10 07:05 PM
    I meant thay you have control who gets your PIN if you send it through a PM, and I did not mean to have a lifetime convo through PM. You can chat with whomever you want, but seeing as how you got bumrushed in the past why not regulate it. PM would simply be a means to share the info rather than posting it for the nutty nuts. Oh well, to each her own!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 07:11 AM
    Is google messanger the only instant messaging app available for android?

03-21-10 10:21 PM
    well i am using Meebo IM which integrates fb chat, aim, yahoo, msn etc all into one.
    03-22-10 12:19 PM
    I honestly think pin is worse than posting email. I can mark them as "spam" or report the user. With BBM, I stopped posting my pin after my initial newbie stage. People don't have to be added to your bbm to send you a pin message, which can get very annoying, especially because they come as "urgent" in your messages folder through a pin message.
    03-22-10 01:09 PM
    I'll add you Jenny. I'm just setting up my Android device (nexus one) that I got today.
    03-22-10 01:09 PM
    Is google messanger the only instant messaging app available for android?

Nope. There are quite a few. Free & Paid ones.

AIM - Hi AIM or AIM
    03-22-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD