My contract is up and I'm eligible for a upgrade. I was wondering if I can still upgrade my cell phone with a "past due" on my bills. I am behind on paying my bills, but can I still purchase my upgrade phone this very moment??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 04:12 PM
    I think you'll need to pay your past due amount to purchase an upgrade.
    03-11-10 04:25 PM
    If your account is suspended, then you will not be able to do an upgrade. As long as you account isn't suspended or delinquent, you can process an upgrade if applicable.
    03-11-10 04:51 PM
    If you can't afford the bill you might want to wait on getting a new phone. if you are trying to upgrade online you will need to be current
    03-11-10 04:53 PM
    I can afford the bill it's just a family plan and one of my family members on the plan ALWAYS waits so long to pay the bill. My cousin and I are removing him from the plan. Can we still upgrade and remove him?

03-11-10 06:27 PM
    I know you can't upgrade online with a bill that's past due. Try calling in and see what the rep says.

03-12-10 01:17 AM
    I know you can't upgrade online with a bill that's past due. Try calling in and see what the rep says.

This would be the best way.

It depends on how fast past due it is. A week? No problem. Two weeks or more? Probably not. With a regular account, there is a certain point where the account screen takes away the upgrade option once the bill is past due. I don't know the concrete time frame though
    03-12-10 02:27 AM
    We've been behind on our bills and still upgraded. The only difference is you can't put the cost of the phone on the bill. You have to pay for it right then. We always go to the store. You shouldn't have a problem as long as its not more than 30 days past due.
    03-13-10 07:32 AM
    You can always speak to retentions, they are always very helpful
    03-19-10 11:44 AM
    Retentions isn't going to override the upgrade block if you are far enough past due, no matter how good of a customer you are.
    03-20-10 02:01 AM
    I personally find it sad that it has become socially acceptable to use this to get little things done. I think it would be awesome to see more retentions reps say "hate to see you go, but enjoy your ETF!!"

It's like a little kid threatening to hold their breath till they get that shiny new toy.
    03-20-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD