Hi guys. I have just bought the Bold2 9700 and registered to these forums straight away.

It is still in its box awaiting for action.

I don't know if I made the right decision but it was the only phone that was offered with an option to subscribe for unlimited internet bandwidth /month. Unlimited bandwidth option was not offered for the iphone so I decided to go for the 9700.

I don't know if I made the right decision but I feel that there are a lot of things that I can do with this gadget appart from internet surfing and emailing on the go !!!

What do you think guys ?
    03-11-10 01:57 PM
    Wow. You have the exact opposite emotions that I had on the day I got my Tour.
    03-11-10 01:58 PM
    The bandwidth thing is kind of dumb, unless you tether. I have had my bold for like 35 days and I MASSIVELY message (IM, EMAIL (around 300 a day) and around 1000 or so IMs (BBM, BEEJIVE, ETC)) and I've only used 135 megs. The BB is the best data phone out there I also have an unlimited plan but still... I don't need it! I do everything I want and still under 100 a month megs (or so)
    03-11-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks guys

BlkBryAddict, "other emotions" you said.

zkyevolved, thanks. It is right what you say, but, even if unlimited, it was the cheapest plan I could find.... They offer this bargain unlimited plan only with Blackberrys. Not with any other smartphones....

Th.
    03-11-10 02:33 PM
    Let it out of the box or it will suffocate! That phone belongs on the charger, on your computer, in your pocket, in your hand figuring it out.

Now go open that box and get moving buddy!
    03-11-10 02:34 PM
    Thanks berryfit. Do you think I made the right decision? The screen is a bit smaller than the iphone s.
    Last edited by Athanasis; 03-11-10 at 02:38 PM.
    03-11-10 02:35 PM
    I think you made the right decision, its a great phone with endless possiblities.
    03-11-10 02:39 PM
    Great phone... You will like it well come
    03-11-10 02:45 PM
    Is an amazing device for sure! I am sure you will be more than happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 03:47 PM
    Thanks berryfit. Do you think I made the right decision? The screen is a bit smaller than the iphone s.
    I went from using an Iphone 2g and Iphone 3g to the 9700 and everyday I ask myself, what in the world was I thinking when I bought those iPhones This phone does so much, and so does the iphone but the iphone does it in a sloppy way

your gonna LOVE it!
    03-11-10 03:54 PM
    it's an awesome phone, you'll love it
    03-11-10 04:04 PM
    start customizing your Berry!!!! you're gonna love it!!!!
    03-11-10 04:49 PM

Hi guys. I have just bought the Bold2 9700 and registered to these forums straight away.

It is still in its box awaiting for action.

I don't know if I made the right decision but it was the only phone that was offered with an option to subscribe for unlimited internet bandwidth /month. Unlimited bandwidth option was not offered for the iphone so I decided to go for the 9700.

I don't know if I made the right decision but I feel that there are a lot of things that I can do with this gadget appart from internet surfing and emailing on the go !!!

What do you think guys ?
    The best way to find your answer is to take it OUT OF THE BOX and start using it! What are you waiting for?
    03-11-10 04:56 PM
    Hi guys. Thanks so much. This morning I brought it with me at work and I am going to take it out of the box right now !!!

Thanks for the good words about my blackberry selection !!!

Th. !
    03-11-10 11:09 PM
    I have been a Nokia Communicator user sinece the Nokia 9000 till the Nokia E90. In between I used all the communicator Nokia has to offer. I tried the Maemo5 based Nokia N900 for 2 weeks.
    I migrated to BB 9000 and now BB 9700. My only gripe was.... What Take Me So Long to move to BlackBerry!
    I never regret it....
    Enjoy in good health.....
    03-12-10 02:03 AM
    Welcome to the family!!! 9700 = Excellence!
    03-12-10 02:55 AM
    Thanks guys. I SWITCHED IT ON FOR THE 1st TIME.

THE TRIP HAS JUST STARTED.....

There are some first thinks I noticed on the 9700. I inserted the provider card (MTN) and then the battery. I put the phone on the charger, I switched it on and... YES...Everything works out of the box !!!. Both the internet connection and the phone.

What bothers me is that when I switched it on the first time I see my provider�s logo and yellow screensaver and I am not sure if the phone came preinstalled with my provider�s software and weather I can update, upgrade or change the O/S and software, and keep my provider's service going.

Thanks in advance.
    03-12-10 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD