What is it with the 9700 themes!!

Does nobody test these things! several themes i have tested recently have fonts that are not able to be changed in the Options menu set far too large.. and i'm not talking about user preference.. i mean too large to fit on the screen and half of the top of side of the text gets cut off.

This is not just the case on free themes as most of them are fine.. mostly premium ones that are made for several models.

So listen up premium theme creators! smaller fonts!
    03-11-10 08:04 AM
    instead of ranting here, maybe email the developer and let him/her know...

alot of people do not realize this, but when the developer changes the font in any way, color, size, style, bold, etc etc, it doesn't let the end user change it in the options screen/keyboard options... just the way theme studio works... i wish that wasnt the case but it is...

what i would to happen is the only that that should restrict the end user from changing it is if the developer changes the font size... everything else shouldn't matter, if i change the color to gray, but no tough anything else... why cant the end user change the size in the options screen... makes no sense... but whatever lol i have submitted my feedback to RIM about it...

but like i said you should email the developer and let them know... they may not be aware of it, something could have gone funky with the export of the theme... doesnt hurt to let them know
    03-11-10 08:14 AM
    I have an a big loud no reply is sent back.. They got your money and don't care

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 08:16 AM
    Thats why I don't pay for themes. It's not worth the $5 for me. I got the Section8 theme for free, best theme I've tried so far!
    03-11-10 09:22 AM
    I don't even install custom themes anymore. About 90% of the slow my Berry down tremendously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 09:42 AM
    IMO, just stick with the stock themes. I have paid for many premium themes and used many free themes. None of them have been as snappy and lag free as the stock themes.
    03-11-10 09:47 AM
    hmmm wow...

i reply back to everyone that emails me, i dont get why other developers dont? and i havent notices a single bit of lag with mine either... i know what can slow them down alot is the hidden docks, scrolling docks, etc etc... alot of those things can really slow down the device... anyways thats my 2cents
    03-11-10 10:06 AM
    some people don't want smaller fonts.
    themers that offer their themes for free are very generous.
    If you don't like them you don't have to download them, or if you
    dl them and don't like them delete them.
    Last edited by swdoro; 03-12-10 at 05:36 PM.
    03-12-10 05:28 PM
    hmmm wow...
    i know what can slow them down alot is the hidden docks, scrolling docks, etc etc... alot of those things can really slow down the device... anyways thats my 2cents
    Wrong, it's the way they do their hidden/scrolling docks. I can code a perfect hidden dock or whatever and have no lag at all. And when I say code, I don't mean changing the svg with some pre-written text either.

And as for them not replying. They make money, they don't make themes, so why would they reply when they already have your $?. Most of the stuff (icons/walls) they don't even make.

Just stick to the free or stock theme like mentioned above.
    03-12-10 06:02 PM
    What is it with the 9700 themes!!

Does nobody test these things! several themes i have tested recently have fonts that are not able to be changed in the Options menu set far too large.. and i'm not talking about user preference.. i mean too large to fit on the screen and half of the top of side of the text gets cut off.

This is not just the case on free themes as most of them are fine.. mostly premium ones that are made for several models.

So listen up premium theme creators! smaller fonts!
    I agree with you as in the smaller fonts, but I believe it is an issue with Plazmic or whatever they call it now. I have emailed developers before about the fonts overlapping and realized that any font under 8 has that happen. I dont think it is there fault.

I do however think there are so many great free themes out there that there is no need to buy a single one. I know they put a lot of work into their themes, but some of them are $7. Come on...
    03-12-10 09:53 PM
    if anyone finds this happening on my themes or similar problems, please let me know

same goes for other theme developers go, don't let some bad apples ruin the whole basket, let us developers know if we have problems, even if you dont get a reply back, some of us still try to fix it!
    03-12-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD