Thought you'd all be interested- just got a refurb Tour from VZW today and it's got 5.0 software. Interesting? You bet.
    03-10-10 10:07 PM
    Hmm. Odd. Could it be DL'd on there by Vzw or by the person who turned it in? Call Vzw and demand a response as to why this particular OS is on the device, and if the warranty is voided because of it. Will Vzw make it official soon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 10:25 PM
    AMAZING! That is news to my ears.
    03-10-10 10:25 PM
    I was quite surprised to see it, but happy none the less.
    03-10-10 10:33 PM
    I got a refurb from VZW today as well, it came with the current 4.7 that Verizon has on their website.

03-10-10 10:36 PM
    Wow um..never heard of this happening before considering you seem to be the only one who has 5.0 on a refurb phone. Those phones are gone through and completely reworked re-loaded with official Verizon software and then sent back out. There is no way this would happen as far as I'm concerned unless Verizon had already released this software to the public.
    03-11-10 05:24 AM
    Wow um..never heard of this happening before considering you seem to be the only one who has 5.0 on a refurb phone. Those phones are gone through and completely reworked re-loaded with official Verizon software and then sent back out. There is no way this would happen as far as I'm concerned unless Verizon had already released this software to the public.
    I don't think it's all that far fetched. I am on my 6th Tour and the 4th refurb and one of the others I recieved did have some odd issues that you would think would not have made it through testing. Rust under the battery door, a cracked sim card and broken bracket (the little peice that holds it place) for the sd card (that was all on one Tour). Plus there were those Verizon Tours with Sprint branding...or was it the other way around? Anyway...some things definitely make it through. I would guess someone loaded 5.0 there before returning it and it simply got over looked.
    03-11-10 07:26 AM
    Those refurb people must be exhausted by now!
    03-11-10 08:47 AM
    Please be specific. It is OS 5.0.0.530? If it is, does it have the reboot issue with the holster? If it doesn't, can you copy your CDMA folder and put it online so we can all get a copy. You will be everybody's favorite hybrider.

Last edited by greeneink; 03-11-10 at 11:25 AM.
    03-11-10 11:23 AM
    There have been other threads about people getting refurbs with an OS version higher than that which is officially released. If you search hard enough I'm sure you can find a couple.
    03-11-10 11:31 AM
    I just don't see it happening..if verizon doesn't have OS relased higher than 4.7 your not going to a get a refurb with a higher OS.
    03-11-10 03:58 PM
    Yeah am curious if it has the reboot issue, and is it official
    03-12-10 01:15 AM
    Yeah am curious if it has the reboot issue, and is it official

I am will you on this one, I have removed the needed except the bllp.cod
    I can't find that one.
    03-12-10 06:51 AM
    I just don't see it happening..if verizon doesn't have OS relased higher than 4.7 your not going to a get a refurb with a higher OS.
    Verizon doesn't refurbish the handsets, RIM does. RIM also has the most recent OS version, which they could potentially load onto said device.
    03-12-10 02:59 PM
    Verizon doesn't refurbish the handsets, RIM does. RIM also has the most recent OS version, which they could potentially load onto said device.
    Exactly.
    Out of all the refurbed devices, how can anyone think that it's impossible for somehting to slip by. Of course things slip by.
    03-12-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD