I know I have 20 days to return my phone for whatever reason, but does anyone know how long I have to exchange my phone for a different one if it is defective? (I bought the curve about a month ago and its been buggy pretty much since the start but like a dumbass ive waited this long to exchange it thinking it would straighten itself out...)
    06-16-08 03:33 AM
    I am sure if you go back to the store you bought it from or talk with CSR and explain what is going on they will try to right the situation. If you can get it done with the first CSR call back till you get the answer you want.
    06-16-08 04:49 AM
    I believe that would fall under a manufacture issue, something that was wrong with the phone from the start so you have a year from the date of purchase, as long as it is not a refurb.

Refurb phones have a 90 day warranty. Anything outside of that, your SOL.

Most of the time, go in, sound semi annoyed that your month old phone is buggy, but be polite because the nicer you are the further you will get with them, trust me.

As well, if you have any third party apps, this is the time to get rid of them. If you go in with them on, they may blame it on something you downloaded.

Back up your phone so if they swap them like they should, you wont have to go through the hassle of re adding everything.

Good luck !
    06-28-08 09:38 PM
    Yeah they swapped mine due to manufactural default.
    they tried to right it by resetting hte network..and giving me a ticket stateing that if the problem continued that they would replace the phone.
    phone ended up needing replaced. they did it with no problem.
    06-29-08 01:50 AM
    ok sounds good thanks everyone for getting back to me! im going in today finally now that school is all done.
    06-30-08 11:28 AM
    im with bell and when my pearl broke i just went into the store and showed them. couple days later they sent me a new one in the mail and i just sent the old one back...i have that for a year, i would think telus would have something close to that
    06-30-08 01:38 PM
    You need to go to a Telus corporate store they will order a swap unit for you you'll have it within a week...

Here are the policies: 15 days to exchange for any other product and 30 days direct waranty exchange - (both with recep and original box)
    Last edited by poty14; 09-02-08 at 01:38 AM.
    09-02-08 01:35 AM
    I am really looking forward to the Storm's release on Telus Mobility... however, due to some of the bad reviews that phone has gotten so far I must admit I am getting a bit concerned. Does anyone know for sure how many days I have to return my Storm if I cannot stand it? Does the return policy also apply when you purchase the handset from a Telus dealer?
    11-28-08 01:57 AM
    I was told 14 days to return the phone for another or back out of my contract that I signed with the storm. 30 days to return if a problem and I wanna exchange for a new storm. So I would say play with it as much as possible for the first 10 days that way you are sure of what you need to do. good luck. I read somewhere that you were looking at the bold as well? was it the bold?

I am really looking forward to the Storm's release on Telus Mobility... however, due to some of the bad reviews that phone has gotten so far I must admit I am getting a bit concerned. Does anyone know for sure how many days I have to return my Storm if I cannot stand it? Does the return policy also apply when you purchase the handset from a Telus dealer?
    11-28-08 06:18 PM
    Hi there

Thanks for the reply. I know we are both eager to get a Storm in our hands as I noticed that we post in a lot of the same threads. I actually was not considering a BOLD, but rather a Javelin or Niagra which is the new generation of the Blackberry Curve - I was undecided mostly because of the known keyboard issues with the Storm. However, since then I have been told that the Niagra (CDMA version) will not be out with Telus for another 6 months or so. I am sticking with the Storm!

When I asked about the return policy at a Telus dealer today they told me I could return it within 7 days with receipt and packaging and that I would have to pay a $50 restocking fee. Best of luck with your chase of the Storm! You'll have to tell me how you like it via PM once you get it.

Cheers

electro_cute

I was told 14 days to return the phone for another or back out of my contract that I signed with the storm. 30 days to return if a problem and I wanna exchange for a new storm. So I would say play with it as much as possible for the first 10 days that way you are sure of what you need to do. good luck. I read somewhere that you were looking at the bold as well? was it the bold?
    11-28-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD