I recently got a new symbol on my homescreen and can't figure out what it is

It has a 172 next to it. It looks like the standard Voicemail indicator ( o_o ) but with a line of small dots on top of it. I checked my visual voicemail and there is nothing there. Any idea what this is?
    03-10-10 08:31 PM
    Answer Center | AT&T

email voicemail.
    03-10-10 08:36 PM
    I recently got a new symbol on my homescreen and can't figure out what it is

It has a 172 next to it. It looks like the standard Voicemail indicator ( o_o ) but with a line of small dots on top of it. I checked my visual voicemail and there is nothing there. Any idea what this is?

If you are using the default theme then here are some of the icons you will see...

03-10-10 08:37 PM
    If you are using the default theme then here are some of the icons you will see...

the icon the OP is asking about isnt on that list, nor in the owners manual for the phone. ive seen this topic come up before, yet it seems like a rare occurance.
    03-10-10 08:41 PM
    Answer Center | AT&T

email voicemail.
    Ahh, exactly what I was looking for. Turns out, I had to dial voicemail to listen to AT&T tell me that I have the "ability to retrieve deleted messages". It then went away
    03-10-10 08:46 PM
    Ahh, exactly what I was looking for. Turns out, I had to dial voicemail to listen to AT&T tell me that I have the "ability to retrieve deleted messages". It then went away
    glad it worked.
    03-10-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD