This just started happening.. I plug my phone (Tour) into charge using the wall charger and instead of the time popping up, like it has since the day I got it, an error pops up. The error reads: uncaught exception: java.lang.arithmeticexception. If i press the track ball I can fidget with the alarm but the clock still doesn't show up. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in now. Now when I click ok to get rid of it, it keeps popping up. I haven't installed anything in weeks and I use the basic stuff daily (ubertwitter, facebook, internet). Soooo what's going on?!
    03-10-10 03:03 PM
    Sounds like something related to the clock probably got corrupted. You have a few options on how to handle it. First off you should probably do a complete backup with DM just to be on the safe side. Do you know how to do that with DM? Or should I walk you thru it? I'm actually on my way out the door. Let me try to attract someone to help you thru this. Otherwise I will be available around 7pm our time.
    03-10-10 03:13 PM
    before you do anything, do a backup using Desktop Manager like PK said. thats just a fail safe in case anything happens.

next i would plug ur phone in, load DM, go to backup and restore, and click ADVANCED. from there you will see the list of 'databases' on your device (right side of screen). click on 'alarms' and hit clear, then click on 'clock options' and hit clear. unplug the phone and try to do what you were doing before. then add me to your bbm because u are cute.

if it works, great! if not, check back with us
    03-10-10 03:29 PM
    Thanks guys! I actually figured I'd just battery pull it to see if it works, I guess if it doesn't I'll start from there.

PS: That was cute, I'll add you when it's done loading.
    03-10-10 03:37 PM
    Did you get your backup done, how is the BB working now, you still getting errors?
    03-10-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD