Maybe someone with some inside knowledge can help me out. After 17 unanswered emails sent to beejive and BGR regarding the release of an updated TweetGenius app I am ready to jump ship. However, I figured I would see if anyone here knew of an update coming soon to the app. If so, please inform me...lol I'm all ears. I love TweetGenius, but it truly is being left in the dust feature wise by Ubertwitter. I really would like at least a portion of the new features in Ubertwitter to make their way over to the TweetGenius app.
    03-10-10 01:07 PM
    Beejive's tech support is awful. Seriously. You're better off talking to a dog if you want a response.

UT, from a support perspective, is on the ball. It's a one man operation but I'll get responses quickly about odd stuff. I can handle UT being an inferior product as long as the service remains awesome./
    03-10-10 03:02 PM
    yea for $$ tweetgenius is turnin into tweeteev and socialscope with the updates..we was suppost to have an update awhile ago....and they dont update ppl on whatz going on
    03-10-10 03:15 PM
    According to their Twitter, something is coming,
    but who the he!! knows when. I like the app alot,
    but I went to the native BB Twitter for a while
    03-10-10 03:18 PM
    According to their Twitter, something is coming,
    but who the he!! knows when. I like the app alot,
    but I went to the native BB Twitter for a while
    i've been using. untill i started missing tweets, and DM's wouldn't show up.... use uber twitter and everything shows up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 03:49 PM
    I have all the major Twitter clients, leaving SocialScope aside because not many can get it. UberTwitter is my favorite hands down and runs very well also. TweetGenius has a fierce memory leak and not near the options and features that UberTwitter offers...
    03-10-10 03:52 PM
    I have all the major Twitter clients, leaving SocialScope aside because not many can get it. UberTwitter is my favorite hands down and runs very well also. TweetGenius has a fierce memory leak and not near the options and features that UberTwitter offers...
    Whats your Twitter name... if you want just PM it to me....

03-10-10 03:57 PM
    Whats your Twitter name... if you want just PM it to me....
    robkoogs

10char
    03-10-10 04:06 PM
    Ubertwitter is awesome, hands down the best BlackBerry Twitter client. I paid for it, too, to support the dev.

I may try the official RIM one again if they can fix the bugs and actually notify on mentions / replies. I love the Message list integration, that's the one thing going for it.
    03-10-10 04:42 PM
    Thanks for all your feedback guys. I see I'm not alone in my feelings and I've decided to just head on over to Ubertwitter's premium version. Wish me well...lol
    03-11-10 07:20 AM
    I used TweetGenius about 10 days into the free trial. I installed UberTwitter and I
    deleted TweetGenius right away. The layout on 'Genius is nicer, but Uber is much
    better. I've had problems the past couple of days with avatars not loading but
    what can ya do.
    03-11-10 12:32 PM
    TG has been talking about a major update release since early Dec..Don't hold your breath. As mentioned TG has a nice UI, but that's about it.
    Supposely sometime this month UT is releasing some major update. Looking forward to that
    03-11-10 01:45 PM
    I've had problems the past couple of days with avatars not loading but
    what can ya do.

Hey bro, are you running the latest version? 0.970 was released yesterday. I believe the update UT released a couple weeks ago was to address the avatar issue...
    03-11-10 02:16 PM
    Hey bro, are you running the latest version? 0.970 was released yesterday. I believe the update UT released a couple weeks ago was to address the avatar issue...
    Yeah I updated it yesterday and the issue began. I have to actually exit out
    of it and go back in order to get the missing avatars. I was using it for two
    days before 0.970 and I didn't even have the avatar issue. I kept wondering
    what people were talking about lol. But just odd that I started experiencing
    the problem when the new version was released.
    03-11-10 02:23 PM
    Right on, I'm sure another version will be out soon. I'm also looking forward to the revamped UI that UberTwitter is getting...
    03-11-10 02:28 PM
    Right on, I'm sure another version will be out soon. I'm also looking forward to the revamped UI that UberTwitter is getting...
    Hey so you're not having the issue at all then?

And since we're here I might as well ask this. Do you use BerryBuzz? And if so,
    do your UberTwitter profiles reset to default whenever your phone reboots?
    Keeps happening on mine. Eventhough Uber isn't available on BerryBuzz.
    03-11-10 02:34 PM
    I give up.....Tweetgenius had we waiting on their "promised" update for 3 1/2 months and never even released any verbage stating the progress or even what the upcoming features would be. I have officially jumped ship to Ubertwitter. I feel like i was duped out of my $7 which makes me mad. Never again.....
    05-17-10 02:55 PM
    You paid for a twitter app?.....have u tried twitter for blackberry ...works great for me ubertwitter is cool tho

05-17-10 03:07 PM
    Twitter by RIMM always "closes due to an error' so I stick with UT. Though I was thinking about paying for a VIP membership at TBZ, britishturbo made an app called Tweetissimo that actually has push. I've heard nothing but great things about it.
    05-17-10 03:27 PM
    Tweetgenius would be the best if they could keep up with updates but they don't it has one of the ui in my opion but the memory leak and some tweets not posting is aggravating to say the least.

05-17-10 03:35 PM
    Tweetgenius is done. Devs stated they will no longer be updating it a while ago. I would just wait to see ut new ui or stick with T4BB. And yes tweetissimo is a nice app

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-17-10 03:44 PM
    Tweetgenius is done. Devs stated they will no longer be updating it a while ago. I would just wait to see ut new ui or stick with T4BB. And yes tweetissimo is a nice app

is Tweetissimo worth the VIP price?
    05-17-10 03:47 PM
    If you have the money to throw around than yes. But it will be available to everyone eventually. You could also wait till tbz has another vip sale

05-17-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD