There has been a lot of talk about swapping out Storm 2 with Verizon for a updated hardware.

I may be one of the few on here, but I have had my Storm 2 since its release and have not had any issues with the screen, so I'm going to keep it!!
    Why send back something that isn't broke!

Mine was made in Hungary 3 Dated 09/01/09 and I�m running .451.

So who is going to keep their phone?
    03-10-10 11:14 AM

I may be one of the few on here, but I have had my Storm 2 since its release and have not had any issues with the screen, so I'm going to keep it!!
    ?
    OK....I'll sleep better tonight!
    03-10-10 11:58 AM
    There has been a lot of talk about swapping out Storm 2 with Verizon for a updated hardware.

Why send back something that isn't broke!

Mine was made in Hungary 3 Dated 09/01/09 and I�m running .451.

So who is going to keep their phone?
    A lot of us are happy with our phones. You will always hear more gripes than praises on here though. Not only does my phone do everything it should that I expected, it's a pretty good device for making calls. Once they upgrade the browser and some known RIM issues, they will be even better but the complaints will still be 3 times as much. Just the way it is
    03-10-10 12:33 PM
    I'm with you. I've had mine since the first day and couldn't be happier. Not switching. I'm not doubting that some people have issues...

BTW... mine was also made in Hungary 3 and I'm running .451
    03-10-10 12:35 PM
    Mexico 5 running .320

No problems, No Sticky Keys (knock on wood),
    03-10-10 12:40 PM
    I agree with you, I was happy with mine as well. I did notice an issue with the send key but a battery pull seemed to take care of it. I had browser issues that I needed to have checked out in the store (possibly ID10T error on my part) As I was walking into the store, I tried to call my wife to let her know I would be out of pocket for a little bit but my send key wouldn�t work not pushy, no click. The store replaced the phone with a new one (mine was less than 2 weeks old)
    03-10-10 12:46 PM
    My first storm from release day was perfect. I could have asked for anything more but my current one is a pain in the ****. I wish my origional one didn't have to be replaced or I could get that same phone without the speaker problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 12:49 PM
    OK....I'll sleep better tonight!
    Wow...knowing how verbal you have been about your unhappiness with your Storms I'm disappointed you would take the time to throw out this sarcastic retort to a poster who is actually indicating being HAPPY with their device. We all know you have issues with the Storm and it will never be good enough for your liking...but there are plenty of us that love ours. Why take that away from us (or try)? Your comment came across as negative in what was clearly intended to be a positive thread. Unless of course you really WILL sleep better on behalf of the OPs satisfaction with their device in which case I'm off base.

At any rate, to the OP...I am in the same boat as you. I got my device early, though not release day, within the first 2 weeks, and I haven't had any issues with it. The newer leaked and hybrid OSs have fixed any of the things that I considered to be issues.
    03-10-10 01:04 PM
    I loosened one of my torx screws a few months ago and have not had a button clicking issue since. I'm keeping what I have.
    03-10-10 01:04 PM
    I am also keeping mine. I don't want to play roulette with what I might be sent if the one I have works perfectly.
    03-10-10 01:17 PM
    Both my S1 and S2 have worked for me. Unfortunately, there are always some who just get the hang of the phone and look for that magic bullet (i.e. new hardware!).
    03-10-10 01:18 PM
    So I have the original Storm2 design, purchased back in Nov/Dec, but knock on wood never an issue with it, all areas of the screen work fine, bottom buttons never a problem, and still running .320.

And just because I am entitled to a replacement, don't think I will get it, as phone works fine for me, double click happens, but that is probably more just me moving phone in hand when I click so user issue not hardware issue. And yes it also works everywhere on screen when on a table/desk. I can also wait for the official verizon software update (only current bug that is truly annoying is the auto-dimming when rotated from portrait to landscape).

Just thought someone should write something positive in the forum
    Just posted this above in the thread on what the new screen should look like. Ashame I didnt see this first, although glad I posted there to bring some positive to that thread.
    03-10-10 02:58 PM
    Yeah, I love my S2 as well. Had mine since Dec. and very few problems. I brag mine up a bit. Never quite got the whole BB thing before I owned one. Then when I decided to make the plunge and get my S1 I fell in love.

It's just kinda 007!!!!
    03-10-10 03:28 PM
    I am also keeping mine. I don't want to play roulette with what I might be sent if the one I have works perfectly.
    Cosign with this and OP. I was fortunate enough to have a vzw rep/friend let me hand-pick my S2 from their in store stock and i found one with a perfect click/screen that I was satisfied with. Installed .451 and havnt looked back. Don't feel like takin chances w/ RIM/Verizon and losing out on whats already a good thing...
    03-10-10 03:39 PM
    I do have the occasional problems so I ordered a replacement phone just to be safe - it will click multiple times sometimes which is very annoying. Not sure if the replacement will fix this issue - I hope it does!

I am using my Storm2 now (the one with the occasional problems) and everything is working fine (of course) so I am debating what I should do now lol
    Last edited by BerrySky; 03-10-10 at 03:45 PM.
    03-10-10 03:40 PM
    While I agree 100% about positive attitudes (and the seeming plethora of negative posts), I will add this in a "fair and balanced" manner. I had an S1 bought on release day...worked PERFECT and I was very puzzled over all the complaints I saw here. Just two days short of the 1 year anniversary, my phone died. I had a replacement shipped and, the day it arrived, my old one began working again (go figure). I went ahead and shipped it back and then decided to go ahead and get the S2 (sold the S1 to pay for the S2). With the exception of the sticking key problem, which was only periodic, I loved the phone. None of the other issues people complained of. However, the sticky thing was beginning to get worse so, I went ahead and got the replacement. So far, so good, but there's no doubt in my mind that FAR MORE people are satisfied than are dissatisfied!
    03-10-10 03:46 PM
    Wow...knowing how verbal you have been about your unhappiness with your Storms I'm disappointed you would take the time to throw out this sarcastic retort to a poster who is actually indicating being HAPPY with their device. We all know you have issues with the Storm and it will never be good enough for your liking...but there are plenty of us that love ours. Why take that away from us (or try)? Your comment came across as negative in what was clearly intended to be a positive thread. Unless of course you really WILL sleep better on behalf of the OPs satisfaction with their device in which case I'm off base.

At any rate, to the OP...I am in the same boat as you. I got my device early, though not release day, within the first 2 weeks, and I haven't had any issues with it. The newer leaked and hybrid OSs have fixed any of the things that I considered to be issues.
    wow. i think you read too much into my comment, but that's your prerogative, of course! I was just being silly.
    03-10-10 05:02 PM
    wow. i think you read too much into my comment, but that's your prerogative, of course! I was just being silly.
    Then my apologies.
    03-10-10 05:28 PM
    My replacement is coming tomorrow but I took my screen protector off just now on my current Storm 2 and the screen seems to be working much better now! More responsive and so far no issues with the sticking issues or the keys clicking multiple times. That may have been the issue to begin with! Hmm...now should I send back the replacement tomorrow and continue without a screen protector so I don't have to change devices/pins again?
    03-10-10 05:34 PM
    Then my apologies.
    no biggie. it's not uncommon for posts to be misinterpreted. it's much harder to gauge the intent of someone's written word, as compared to when they speak in your presence.
    03-10-10 05:36 PM
    I may not be replacing my Storm2 - screen protector was taken off and all is well SO FAR
    03-10-10 06:00 PM
    Nevermind the bottom keys began clicking like a million times once I got all happy lol I will just take the replacement I get tomorrow
    03-10-10 06:16 PM
    I got my S2 on 10/28 (still running .320) and once in a while, if my phone is lying flat, my lower buttons may be non-responsive, but if I press it a second time it normally works, and ALWAYS works if I pick it up. That was my only problem until yesterday when it seemed to reboot randomly; by placing a "wedge" behind the battery, that seemed to stop it.

My question is: I will be keeping this until my NE2 AND RIM felt it important enough to add to the hardware, so I am thinking I should try and get the newer model...will it last longer because of the "fix" or should I be happy with what I have...which I am. My only concern is will the new one last longer?
    03-10-10 06:25 PM
    I'm starting to pay attention to the Storm 2 forums. I'm one of the original Storm 1 owners ... been very happy with this device, especially after the upgrade to 5.0.0.328!!! I wish I had some of the additional features you Storm2 guys have such as the Wi-Fi and double the application memory. I'm eligible for my 2 year upgrade in August, so like I said, will be paying attention to what you guys have to say. Albeit with a filter because I know there will always be those that will complain no matter what .. so I need to filter those out.

5 months for a decision on my follow on device from the Storm 1, which is a very long time in the technology world. Verizon will start rolling out 4G this summer, with the expectation of completing the roll out to the NFL cities this year. I live in one of those NFL cities Wonder if there's a Storm 3 on the horizon with 4G LOL
    03-10-10 07:22 PM
    Mine was made in Canada. I added a thin piece of folded paper behind the battery. The added pressure fixed my sticky buttons. Wierd huh? My phone has no problems.
    03-10-10 09:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD