I am in need of an unlock code for my new blackberry 9530. My mom switched from Verizon to At&t, I refuse to leave sprint because of the deal I get & I really want to use her blackberry. Please send me a code or point me in the right direction to obtain one.
    Thanks
    03-10-10 08:54 AM
    Not the expert on this topic but from what I know you have to typically buy a code. From what I've seen they can run from $10-$15 or more if you go through a 3rd party. Either that or you have to call and get it from Verizon directly since its locked to Verizon and if thats the case your mom might have to call and get that code. Get her to call Customer Service and see what they say.
    03-10-10 08:59 AM
    dixiehuntr is correct. You will need to buy an unlock code. A Google search will bring up several companies that do this.

If I remember correctly from reading other threads, when an unlock code is creaded it's for a specific phone. So to use it on another phone will not work.
    03-10-10 09:09 AM
    Unlocking a BB will not enable you to use it on Sprint as Sprint is a CDMA carrier, and unlocking only effects GSM carriers, such as ATT & Tmobile. So once you unlock a non branded phone, or another carriers GSM phone, as long as it has the correct frequencies then it can be used to another GSM carrier. There ARE variables For example a Tmobile branded 9700 does not have the correct frequency for 3G on ATT so you are limited to EDGE and below, also the Storm & Tour do not have the 3G frequencies for Tmobile OR ATT so you are limited to EDGE and below.

What type of phone are you looking to unlock? And like I said you won't be able to use it on Sprint, as Sprint is a CDMA carrier.

Moving thread to the Unlocking Forum.
    03-10-10 09:16 AM
    These are a couple companies I've noticed looking at things in the Forums, not to say there arent more...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members/cellunlocknet/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members...teunlockercom/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members/carrierunlock/

Click the links and you can look at their profile and email/PM them and ask em all the questions you want...
    03-10-10 09:24 AM
    I am in need of an unlock code for my new blackberry 9530. My mom switched from Verizon to At&t, I refuse to leave sprint because of the deal I get & I really want to use her blackberry. Please send me a code or point me in the right direction to obtain one.
    Thanks
    Sorry you wont be able to activate a Storm on sprint they simply wont allow it......Unlocking it will only allow you to use it on Tmobile or ATT
    03-10-10 09:25 AM
    Yeah do what the guy above me said to do...he knows more...lol
    03-10-10 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    We can unlock it for you but you won't be able to use it with Sprint, because they will not allow you to register the ESN on their Network. Once unlocked you will be able to use it with AT&T & T-Mobile in the US.
    03-10-10 09:26 AM
    So I just got off the phone with sprint and they told me that it may be possible.
    03-10-10 10:14 AM
    I would have stayed on the phone with that same guy LOL. next person you get might not be willing to add the ESN. Either way it can't be unlocked for Sprint it would need to be Flashed to Sprint.
    03-10-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD