Hi All,

Just wondering if you receive a text message and don't check your phone for say 12 hours does it still show as un-read even if you stay on the text message screen. I know it's a weird question but if someone knows that would be awesome. I am more taking about the image at the top of the screen which shows un-read with the little red astrixs

Thank you

Matt
    03-09-10 05:35 PM
    Unless you physically open/read the message the alert should still be there?

Why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 05:47 PM
    As far as I know, the red Astrix will stay there until you check all the messages, no matter how long you leave it for. I might be wrong though...
    03-09-10 05:48 PM
    I just wanted 2 see if people had been looking at my stuff while i was working. As i had come back to my desk a couple of times and it showed a message un-read however the astrix was gone.

I didn't think anything of it at first however it's now happened 3 or 4 times
    03-09-10 06:14 PM
    I often do not check for several hours at a time as work does not always allow a phone. The asterisk is always still present until I clear the messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 07:38 PM
    Thanks,

I have a feeling somone has been, i just didn't think i would ever need to lock my handset but looks like do now.

Thank you all.
    03-09-10 08:12 PM
    Yeah, that's kind of creepy...sounds like they are opening your message, then when done reading, they go and mark it as "unread" which (possibly?) doesn't make the red asterisk appear, just makes the message look new and unread. I'd definitely password my phone if I were you, if this is true.
    03-10-10 12:01 AM
    If I get a text the red asterisk is there. I can go into my text messages but not actually open that message and the asterisk disappears, but not the envelope. You can still see the message (or part of it) without actually opening that conversation. Does that make sense? Still creepy, and still goes to show someone is probably looking at them.
    03-10-10 11:11 AM
    this is not a real big issue. i also experience this and my phone never leave my side. usually the "unread star" doesnt disappear unless u move up or down or some sort of other action within the thread sms conversation. even if i have it the conversation open, if i didnt do anything to it, i will still get the unread star on my homescreen. so im pretty sure u're safe.
    03-10-10 11:41 AM
    rule number one: "Never leave your Bold out of arms reach and or eye site."

problem solved...

if thats not feasible...lock that bad boy (or girl) up!
    03-10-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD