So is there a way of doing this without getting a app if so do tell

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 02:52 PM
    My T-Mobile BB data plan INCLUDES tethering...

My BB data plan is $29.99 per month, less corp discount...
    03-09-10 02:52 PM
    i have the data plan but the desktop manager never connects.
    03-09-10 02:58 PM
    pretty sure you need the app. i'm tethering right now, its wonderful! LOL! if your constantly on the go with your laptop and dont have wifi every where it may be worth the 1 time fee of $50 to get this app. i've had tether for a couple days now and i'm lovin it! dont have wifi in the house and now can carry the laptop around with me while my daughter uses the desktop. its not as fast as cable but its still able to stream radio, rhapsody, and you tube videos (though you may want to let you tube load like half the video first). like i said, totally worth the $50 if your on the go with your lappy, i won it which is the only reason i have it, but knowing now what i didnt before about this makes me wanna say i would drop the $$$ on this. i believe they do offer a 7 day free trial of tether from their website: Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether if you wanna try it before you buy it. tether is also having a contest right now where you could win a free copy of it so maybe sign up for that, though i dont believe the contest ends til the end of the month.
    03-09-10 04:59 PM
    Careful about tethering with Verizon of you don't pay the $15 fee for it each month. There are some horror stories here when people receive their bill after tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 09:52 PM
    pretty sure you need the app. i'm tethering right now, its wonderful! LOL! if your constantly on the go with your laptop and dont have wifi every where it may be worth the 1 time fee of $50 to get this app. i've had tether for a couple days now and i'm lovin it! dont have wifi in the house and now can carry the laptop around with me while my daughter uses the desktop. its not as fast as cable but its still able to stream radio, rhapsody, and you tube videos (though you may want to let you tube load like half the video first). like i said, totally worth the $50 if your on the go with your lappy, i won it which is the only reason i have it, but knowing now what i didnt before about this makes me wanna say i would drop the $$$ on this. i believe they do offer a 7 day free trial of tether from their website: Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether if you wanna try it before you buy it. tether is also having a contest right now where you could win a free copy of it so maybe sign up for that, though i dont believe the contest ends til the end of the month.
    Thanks for the tip on the free trial downloading now. I guess i'll have to suck it up and buy tether & Documents2Go

Thanks again.
    03-17-10 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the free trial downloading now. I guess i'll have to suck it up and buy tether & Documents2Go

Thanks again.
    Before you spend the money for Tether... call T-Mobile and ask if your data plan includes tethering... Mine does. I do NOT need an app to do it.
    03-17-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD